Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
How Far????

I know we put many years and a lot more dollars into these old trucks we build. I also know that a few of us actually drive them daily.
With that said, how far would you trust your truck to take you?
I'm currently a little over a thousand miles from home with my 53 F100 and teardrop trailer. Headed to the west coast and then on up to Alaska. If all goes as planned I will be about 5 thousand miles from home before I head back.
So far I have driven my truck a little over 46K miles and probably 15-16K is with the teardrop in tow.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Elder User

ZOOT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ZOOT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you have that many miles on it, I'd think it has another 5000 in her.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOT View Post
If you have that many miles on it, I'd think it has another 5000 in her.
I would hope at least another 10K.... otherwise I would be stranded far from home

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:08 AM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
Treat her with love and carry tools .
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Posting Guru

homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey Jeff, enjoy your trip, we will miss you in P.F. this year. Carry extra diesel fuel with you because there is not a fuel station or a McDonalds on every corner, hell there ain't too many corners up there, Garry
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Posting Guru

rhopper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My truck's been on the road 9 months now, just for fun. Only about 1800 miles so far with no problems, but....it really hasn't earned my trust yet. While it's given me no reason to doubt it, everything is new after all, I'm not ready to take it on a trip like that. Every little squeak or rattle makes me wonder what I didn't tighten.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:59 AM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Jeff, I think you could update your signature from "It Runs! It even moves!" LOL It is WAY past that!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Diesel Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
Jeff, I think you could update your signature from "It Runs! It even moves!" LOL It is WAY past that!
How about "still going"

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.
Pictures or it never happened
Now is that tough or what
You got to be enjoying yourself - You're on one of my dream trips, down to the Teardrop
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 03-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Senior User

calorchard is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you are in So Cal stop by. We are just 4 miles north of IH 10.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Elder User

9teen56f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So do you have a planned route or are you just going west til you run into water and turn right? Have a grand trip Jeff I know what this means to you.
brian...

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/9teen56f100/
Old 03-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Posting Guru

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Sounds like great fun! I'm building mine with the intent of really using it, I hope to see such road trips myself

Wanted: '53-56 horn button, '56 wiper arm
Parts I have that I don't need: F600 Running boards, F600 running board brackets (2), 272 fuel pump
Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Send some pictures our way, I don't get to see that part of the country often. Of course I also don't get to see an old Ford truck pulling a teardrop very often. You must have a camera with you. Have a great trip with no problems!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Have fun. Send pictures and postcards.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Jeff,
Have a great trip! You may have the distance world record for Old Ford trucks on this one! Aren't you the only one running a diesel? Hmmmmm...

I've got one odd ball thing on my Life List - Seeing a live real Moose in the wild! I've been to Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine - Lot's of Moose Crossing signs - Lot's of stories from locals about moose but not one sighting. If you see a moose on this trip don't tell me!

Brings back memories of sleeping in tents in state parks across the West with my family as a kid. We drew straws for who got the outside - I slept with a can of OFF & a lighter so I could flamethrower any bear that came crashing through to eat the poor suck who got that outside spot! Have fun camping!

Ben in Austin
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
acura, chip, computer, family, joes, large, mopar, numbers, part, performance, powered, trucks, trust, vancouver, vbulletin, wa