Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Elder User

LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.
How to remove the cup-holder cover?

I need to send my cup-holder cover and trash hook to Clay so he can color match my F650 dash and I can't figure out how to get the damn side clips on the cup-holder to let go!

I got the top clips and the bottom clip to let go but the side clips will not slip through the slots... I've been near the point of breaking them trying to slide them through...

I've done some searching but couldn't find any specific instructions. Are the cup-holders supposed to come out too? I sent Clay an email but it was after hours so I'm sure he's got better things to do this weekend than mess with my stupidity until Monday.

I'm open to any suggestions in the meantime...
'04 4x4 Limited 6.0L PSD w/2nd row buckets, 4" lift, 33.5"x18, Banks Big Dog, GT3788VA Turbo, AIH delete, BPD 6-ph FICM, F650 Dash, 4" MBRP cat delete, C1 Diff, Hellwig rear, RAS, Air-Bags, Steering Stabilizer, Tow Package, LED conversion, Full A/V!

Lightning McQueen; The RBZ; Sadie-The Turbo Diesel Z; The Orange Crush - Time Attack Z; JCR-Turbo ZX; 24hrs Of LeMons Racer; BRE-240Z; The Time Machine; The Rice Rocket
Old 11-10-2012, 05:35 AM
That User Over There!

cameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to behold
I know you figured it out by now but if someone else comes across this thread by doing a search (like me) there are 2 more 7mm screws in the back of the cup holder. You have to remove the hook to get to them.

Click the image to open in full size.

2002 EX Limited 7.3L
Old 11-10-2012, 05:35 AM