1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Headrest Anyone? 97-02 (Other Projects as well)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
5.4T
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headrest Anyone? 97-02 (Other Projects as well)

I just wanted to share my little project i did on my Navigator a while back, this is how the seat and headrest contour with each other-

It made my truck look a little more luxurious, I dont regret this project at all I am planning on doing more But with gas prices going up now $4.00+premium I will slow put some projects on hold.
Please Share other projects you guys have Done!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
5.4T
Elder User
Got my pipe put on to day still have the original exhaust but i am tempting to give it some low deep noise(Anyone recommendation)? dont want it too loud like my expo with 2 CATS , but anyways i fell in love with the 07+ navigators exhaust so i went that route

yes i did add chrome on the rear bumper and running board

LOL ignore the running board when i first got the truck i went off road to avoid an accident and didnt notice till later

got a mask to cover my Grille I also did a Daytimerunning lamps on so my HID turn on when i start it up
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also i was looking at some pictures online and came across this for thos who cant see it, RECLINNING SEATS
-><-
Shot him an e-mail hope he responds soon i would love this mod, it would make things less hectic for me

Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 AM
5.4T
Elder User
Well requested by:b.wag
Things you'll need:
Adel Clamps

Flathead:

wood screws:

Power drill(Optional):

Head Rest:

MesuringTape:

Razerblade
Marker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry i dont have pictures of some process
First off you'll have to take off the the leather off the seat by removing the clips on the bottom, use the flathead to remove the clips.
After your done remove the leather should slid up off it with the foam patting as well.

!!!Theres some staples on the lowerside of the colthpart you'll have to remove them to remove the seatcover, use the flathead to remove it.

Second, you'll have to find the measurement to set up the headrest(I went from 8inch from the side to the headrest pole) just remember that you will have to make holes on the Cloth part of the seat(Use a razer blade small incision ) as well so the measurements cant be off, Or you could always wing it

I Actually did put the headrest first threw the leather then mounted them if it helps, Just make sure they Line Up With The Design of the seat, just mark a straight line across the seat

Third, Now with the seat folded down, put the leather Cover back onto the seat but not all they way, with the line you marked, use that for a guide line to ajust the headrest poles on were you want them

Four, now that you made sure where you want your headrest at, slide the adel Clamps up the poles 2 for each pole / 4 per headrest fell free to put more , Make sure the adel clamps are facing towards eachother then use the Powerdrill and wood screws to bolt down the headrest, Dont leave no slack!!

Five, Tug the headrest to verify they wont come out of the seat now you can put everything back together and clip the clips back on the bottom and your Done no more hanging your head off the back or atleast for the kids

Notice!!:
Although you can put diffrent headrest dosnt mean you can, remember your seat hast to be able to flip upwards and you wont be able to beacuse of the headrest size so just make sure that the headrest are'nt to tall or thick one if only your sure you wont fold your seat up!

Go easy on me its my first tutorial

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extras:

Thats what i meant about the adel clamps facing each other

Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 AM
5.4T
Elder User
Also If you want to increase leg room on the 3row seat just remove the backseat flaps to add an 1+inch room its a little gain but all of use know every little bit it counts

Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 PM
5.4T
Elder User
Im getting ready to overhual my suspention. I just dont know what i should get yet so heres the things i think i'll need but i would welcome some impute......Im buying(dont know which) air bags and a compressor from ebay, HID ballast 35w, front and rear sway bar bushings,(shocks are couple months old) front-rearDone, the thing im still confused on what to do beside the airbags, is to buy coils with the airlift airbags installed? also it will help to get some recommendation thanks

Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
5.4T
Elder User
Well got my coils in today, I'm confused as which way goes which so I am hoping some one could give me some tips before I start. I'm wanting to do this today being that tomorrows goanna rain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything together

Im Guessing the Insulators go like this?

I don't know whats the top or the bottom ? Maybe the Left side?

Insulators, I got 2 of them....That's all I would need right?

Old 10-05-2013, 07:56 PM
5.4T
Elder User
Wanted to update this old thread, Got all of my interior and most exterior light Swapped to LED. Everybody I know Love's them Including my self. Next thing I'm going to have to tackle is the Cluster and the climate control, I don't know what lights I need for the Climate control so im going to have to take it apart and see. I don't know about the stereo?Im debating

Sorry about the Picture quality Damn camera.............

Old 10-06-2013, 12:53 AM
4x4EX
Freshman User
Nice job Job on the 3rd row. Have you heard anything about the reclining first row seat? I would love to do this mod, it would make carrying a stand up paddle board inside SOOO much easier.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:17 PM
5.4T
Elder User
yes I have but from what I've read I couldn't do it because its something to do with the airbags on the seat which is standard on the navigators but optional on the expedition. But the guy never emailed me but his was a 98 navigator.

EDIT:I found a website that has it! its for mustangs but im sure it will work for you.....I still debating if im going to try this,Dont want the airbag to go off!
Mustangworld Seat Recline free mod
If only the 3row would recline all the way

Old 10-28-2014, 03:01 PM
5.4T
Elder User
I wanted to update this old thread a bit, So the coils I got are not holding up as good as I thought, I'm not sure what's the part code on them but I do know there Moog variable rate coils and I Hate them!!! The ride was good at first but now it feels like an old rusted out c10 😑, on the highway it rides ok but in the city...forgetaboutit! And dont even get me started on towing!!!!So for the guys with coil springs, What do you guys recommend?

Also anyone with a navigator first gen knows the headlights on these things sucks! I'm curious too know what some of you guys setups are? I'm currently running 35 watts hid with High and low beams but the high beams are horrible, I was thinking of trying out the 55 watt hids but would love some insight first!

Old 10-30-2014, 07:38 PM
4x4EX
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 5.4T
I wanted to update this old thread a bit, So the coils I got are not holding up as good as I thought, I'm not sure what's the part code on them but I do know there Moog variable rate coils and I Hate them!!! The ride was good at first but now it feels like an old rusted out c10 ��, on the highway it rides ok but in the city...forgetaboutit! And dont even get me started on towing!!!!So for the guys with coil springs, What do you guys recommend?

Also anyone with a navigator first gen knows the headlights on these things sucks! I'm curious too know what some of you guys setups are? I'm currently running 35 watts hid with High and low beams but the high beams are horrible, I was thinking of trying out the 55 watt hids but would love some insight first!

Two things, thanks for the Seat Link above, I'm going to see if that will work with the Expedition..

Secondly, how do you have bright lights if you have a HID kit installed. Does the bulb itself have a shield that moves? I ask that because I assumed the Navi used the same bulb for bright and low beam. If it does that could be the reason for your poor performance. The light is limited by the halogen reflectors. No matter what wattage you use the reflector is not complex enough.

You would need to probably do HID full retrofit.
Something like this would give you nutso clarity, light output and cutoff.
The only downside is that it is expensive.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:48 PM
5.4T
Elder User
Well the light bulb itself moves forward which is suppose to be high beam but the stock navi light have a shield, and yea it's just 1 bulb not 2.

I wish I had those head lights! How much they go for?

Old 11-02-2014, 01:07 AM
4x4EX
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 5.4T
Well the light bulb itself moves forward which is suppose to be high beam but the stock navi light have a shield, and yea it's just 1 bulb not 2.

I wish I had those head lights! How much they go for?

They are actually not that bad, What you would do is send him your OEM lights, or you purchase a new set of OEM or Aftermarket lights and you ship them to him and he does the retrofit for you. I did it on my Volkswagen and it came out amazing.

The price includes everything and he would probably do it for around 500 for the pair. Which is actually not bad if you plan on keeping your truck and you want a superiour lighting.
And lets not forget that sexy cutoff..lol Basically if you notice any cars with OEM HID, there is never any light that is reflected above the cutoff line, because any light that escapes the line is blinding the rest of the drivers around you.

The High beams with the Bi-xenons are outrageous.

You can just contact them though The Retrofit Source website and explain what you want. He even aims the headlights for you so it would mimic factory settings so that you don't dazzle oncoming drivers. The light focus will make you never go back to reflectors again..lol

I can speak to the quality of his work as I have had his retrofit in for 3 years now and I've never had a problem with the headlight itself or had to replace a single bulb for 3 years. That alone is a savings for me because VW's go though lights like I drink water.
The Retrofit Source Inc If I remember correctly they are headquartered in Atlanta.
The actual fabricator is called Lightwerkz
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/aut...ightWerkz.html