Old 03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Upcoming Car shows

Monthly

Caffeine and Octane Atlanta's Best Car Show

North Georgia Events:

April 21st- Super Summit. This is a huge show where all cars/trucks are welcome, and we've got hundreds of our vendors coming out to set up booths. We'll have a chassis dyno out there, and all kinds of good stuff.

April 28, Car show in Cumming, across from Hardees. Fee is usually $10 to enter, free to get in. They always have good raffles and food. It's church sponsored, so bring the kids.

April 30th- First Monday Night Cruise In. Monday Night Cruises are every Monday night through the summer, all vehicles are welcome. (Summit Racing)

May 4-6- Summit Racing NHRA Southern Nationals in Commerce, GA. 3 days of NHRA Racing.

May 14 - Ford/Lincoln/Mercury specific Monday Night Cruise. Bring all your Ford vehicles! (Summit Racing)

June 2 - Georgia Street Rod Association Benefit Show (Summit Racing)

June 4 - Truck/Jeep Monday Night Cruise (Summit Racing)

July 14 - All Ford Show and Shine. Huge event catering to our beloved Fords (Summit Racing)

September 9 - 7th Annual Mustang & All Ford Show. (Summit Racing)

October 15 - Monday Night Cruise: Ford (Summit Racing)

Way to many to list right this second: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13338804114301

South Georgia Events:

October: There is a car show on the square, great event. Details are here: Moultrie Georgia Events

November: Automotive Swap Meet and Car Corral
Welcome to moultrieswapmeet.com

Florida Events:

And as always there is the Daytona Turkey Day Run in Daytona FL, Thanksgiving weekend.- Best of the Best.....

Daytona Spring Turkey Run 2012

Last edited by ChiefM; 04-07-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 03-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread is a good idea.

Classic Car Cruise: The City of Acworth will host a Classic Car Cruise this Saturday. The event will be held 4-10 p.m. on Main Street in Downtown Acworth. The event is free to the public. A $2 entry fee is requested for all vehicles in the show. All proceeds go to benefit the Horizon Field, an all inclusive special needs sports facility in Acworth.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Thanks Grub,
Thinking of ways to stay involved, I am there in spirit

Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Austin26372
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April 28, car show in Cumming, across from Hardees. Fee is usually $10 to enter, free to get in. They always have good raffles and food.

It's church sponsored, so bring the kids.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Thanks austin !!!!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
82f100460
Posting Guru
During the summer there is a car show every last Saturday of the month here in Dallas. Should start up here this month.
Will re-post when I find more details.
Free to come, just park and hang. Always some nice rides there, some trucks too. Usually have some music playing and some vendors on hand selling dogs and drinks type food.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:44 AM
82f100460
Posting Guru
Also found this one coming up on April 28th at Paulding Meadows. I've been in the past and is a great event.

Georgia Classic Rides

Old 04-07-2012, 12:19 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if any of you guys are to readily able to come out here to McDonough, but Summit Racing Equipment has a ton of car shows coming up.

April 21st- Super Summit. This is a huge show where all cars/trucks are welcome, and we've got hundreds of our vendors coming out to set up booths. We'll have a chassis dyno out there, and all kinds of good stuff.

April 30th- First Monday Night Cruise In. Monday Night Cruises are every Monday night through the summer, all vehicles are welcome.

May 4-6- Summit Racing NHRA Southern Nationals in Commerce, GA. 3 days of NHRA Racing.

May 14 - Ford/Lincoln/Mercury specific Monday Night Cruise. Bring all your Ford vehicles!

June 2 - Georgia Street Rod Association Benefit Show

June 4 - Truck/Jeep Monday Night Cruise

July 14 - All Ford Show and Shine. Huge event catering to our beloved Fords

September 9 - 7th Annual Mustang & All Ford Show.

October 15 - Monday Night Cruise: Ford

Now, of course these are only the Ford/Truck specific events listed on our calendar, but we've got all kinds of crazy events going on this summer, so if you're in the vicinity of Summit Racing, swing on in!

Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Thanks Jake !!!!
Thanks for the awesome update !!!! So I am guessing you work at Summit?? I am about 6 thousand miles from McDonough right now but have Georgia on my mind..

Is the July 14 - All Ford Show and Shine an annual event? I was hoping to find a yearly event and make it like the Georgia Forum Annual get together. It is kinda cental and would be super fun.

I can see I have to really get started on my truck when I get home.
Thanks again

Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 PM
82f100460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dyingtolive
I don't know if any of you guys are to readily able to come out here to McDonough, but Summit Racing Equipment has a ton of car shows coming up.

April 30th- First Monday Night Cruise In. Monday Night Cruises are every Monday night through the summer, all vehicles are welcome.

May 14 - Ford/Lincoln/Mercury specific Monday Night Cruise. Bring all your Ford vehicles!

June 2 - Georgia Street Rod Association Benefit Show

June 4 - Truck/Jeep Monday Night Cruise

July 14 - All Ford Show and Shine. Huge event catering to our beloved Fords

September 9 - 7th Annual Mustang & All Ford Show.

October 15 - Monday Night Cruise: Ford

Now, of course these are only the Ford/Truck specific events listed on our calendar, but we've got all kinds of crazy events going on this summer, so if you're in the vicinity of Summit Racing, swing on in!
oh goodness....I'm not allowed to go to Summit anymore!!! I spend at least a grand everytime I go there

sounds great.

I'm not an expert at the forums...but is there any functionality to be able to build a calendar of events? That would be great!!! Difficult to go through all the posts to see what's coming up...and who wants to miss anything

Old 04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Yes, Sir, I do work at Summit.

I'd say it's safe to assume that you're an Army Warrant Officer. I appreciate your service, Chief. My dad is a retired W-3, he flew UH-60's and C-12's.

As far as the All Ford Show and Shine, I'm not 100% positive that it's an annual event, but I know for a fact that Mustang and All Ford Show is an annual event. I can find out about the All Ford Show and Shine, though.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 PM
82f100460
Posting Guru
Yes, Sir, I do work at Summit.

You're my new best friend!!! Ha....you like it? I've always thought what an awesome place it would be to work at. I'm sure it gets like any other job after a while though?

Old 04-07-2012, 12:56 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Originally Posted by 82f100460
You're my new best friend!!! Ha....you like it? I've always thought what an awesome place it would be to work at. I'm sure it gets like any other job after a while though?
Yeah, it's pretty cool sometimes. They money's not the greatest in the the world, and it does get like any other job eventually, there's a little bit of crap to put up with, but it's relatively little crap compared to most other places. It has its ups and downs, but when we bring new cars in (particularly the '69 Mustang w/ a 604 big block that we got in the other day), or you get to hear and tell the stories behind all the cars that we bring in, or you actually get to chat with some total stranger about their ride, you re-realize that most all of us are there because we share one common love for cars, it all becomes worth it again. Know what I mean?

Old 04-07-2012, 01:10 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I'd say it's safe to assume that you're an Army Warrant Officer. I appreciate your service, Chief.
I am in the Georgia National Guard and currently deployed on a peace keeping mission in Kosovo. My unit is out of the Charlie Brown Airport. I am a Maintenance Warrant and run a maintenance shop for the Guard in Albany. I am currently a CW3 getting my W4 in October. No thanks needed, there is no better job in the world.

Kevin,
I will update the very first post by date, then everyone can just scroll down to the bottom to keep chatting until I figure something out.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:23 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I am in the Georgia National Guard and currently deployed on a peace keeping mission in Kosovo. My unit is out of the Charlie Brown Airport. I am a Maintenance Warrant and run a maintenance shop for the Guard in Albany. I am currently a CW3 getting my W4 in October. No thanks needed, there is no better job in the world.
Hey, hey! Charlie Brown! I've been there I can't even tell you how many times. The last unit my dad was assigned to before he retired was out of Charlie Brown, by way of Fort McPherson. He flew C-12's out of there. When I was a kid, dad used to take me to work with him and I used to 'fly' C-12's in the hangar. We used to know all the guys out there, and the guys over at Raytheon, too. I'm not even sure if Raytheon is still there anymore.

Quick Reply: Upcoming Car shows