Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Freshman User

skoepper is starting off with a positive reputation.
1999 Cup holder - solved

So I spent some time looking for a better option than the useless OEM pull out cup holder in my Super Duty. I checked all around on the forums, google and all over for ideas, opinions an options. Not much feedback other than "keep what you have", "buy a new truck" or "don't use big mugs". Mostly useless info.

I did find one for sale that attaches to the fold down center console - sold mostly on eBay in only one color without much info other than a few pics. I took a chance ($65.00 chance) and it was well worth the money and then some!

Fits perfectly! Non obtrusive, looks OEM styled and works perfectly. Not sure who makes it, but the eBay guy I got it from was called Glow Shift (I think they might have made it since they seem to make gauge holders too).

Anyway-I am finallyl happy with a great solution and hope this helps others who are dealing with the same stupid problem in an otherwise awesome truck.

Will try to post pics later when not on my iPhone.
07 Grille;08 Towing Mirrors, 33"'s, Bluetooth, Nerf Bars, Grover Fire Truck Horns, On-Board Air, Wig-Wag, Strobe Pack, Grille Lights, Whelan Arrow Stick, 2011 4x4 Graphic upgrade, Realtree Camo AP-HD Rocker accent
2012 Toyota Highlander Ltd 4x4- 1993 Ford E-250 HD Ext - 1981 GMC 3500 Bucket Boom -1987 VW Cabriolet (the Summer Toy) (and the work car 2010 Jeep Liberty )
Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM
New User

95F350_460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
in for the pics. my cupholder is broken and i'm looking for a replacement.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Freshman User

OK - here are the pics

Click the image to open in full size.

07 Grille;08 Towing Mirrors, 33"'s, Bluetooth, Nerf Bars, Grover Fire Truck Horns, On-Board Air, Wig-Wag, Strobe Pack, Grille Lights, Whelan Arrow Stick, 2011 4x4 Graphic upgrade, Realtree Camo AP-HD Rocker accent
2012 Toyota Highlander Ltd 4x4- 1993 Ford E-250 HD Ext - 1981 GMC 3500 Bucket Boom -1987 VW Cabriolet (the Summer Toy) (and the work car 2010 Jeep Liberty )
Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Freshman User

Pics as promised

And here is the ebay listing that I bought this from...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Senior User

dzdiggin'dude is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does this stay attached if you put console up? I vary seldom do but just curious. Thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzdiggin'dude View Post
Does this stay attached if you put console up? I vary seldom do but just curious. Thanks
Yes, it will stay attached but I doubt anyone would want to sit in the seat with it on as it its a bit lower than the seat back so I expect it would be uncomfortable. It is easier to simply remove it (4 seconds) when/if you need to lift up the seat back.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Senior User

1973Ford2004 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
WOW, that is cool, I have an '04 with cup holders built in to my arm rest, which actually holds everything but cups and never goes up, I'm gonna check it out just for more front seat junk storage, that is really cool, thanks for the info. Crap it only goes up to '01, my search is on now.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Elder User

Y2KW57 is a splendid one to beholdY2KW57 is a splendid one to beholdY2KW57 is a splendid one to beholdY2KW57 is a splendid one to beholdY2KW57 is a splendid one to beholdY2KW57 is a splendid one to beholdY2KW57 is a splendid one to beholdY2KW57 is a splendid one to behold
Whoa that's a flash from the past! That cup holder piece has been around for years. I used to see it adertised regularly the Powerstroke Registry magazine over a decade ago, when it was very relevant to the Superduty's of that era... 1999 and 2000.

In 2001, Ford changed the in dash cupholder design from rubber foam flaps to plastic foldaway arms with a drop down cup land. In 2002, Ford changed the back of the 40/20/40 center console seat to incorporate a cup holder. So yup, these will only work for 1999-2001. Those two corrective moves from Ford ended up freezing the market for this cool add on cupholder. It eventually disappeared from being advertised. Truck accessory vendors stopped carrying it.

It is an awesome solution for those who don't use their center seat as a seat at all.

For those who want their honey to be able to snuggle up right close while belted in the center seat, and who don't want to have to deal with find a place to store the cup holder while it is removed, there is another option:

Fortunately, Ford's updated design of the drawer pull cupholder is retrofittable in the earlier trucks. The only caveat is the slight color tonality difference. Ford changed interior beige's... from Prairie Tan to Medium Parchment. The difference is slight, and is ignorable, considering how much better the updated cupholder design is. I changed the cupholder in my 2000 as well as my neighbor's early 99. My color matched, his didn't, as he had the older Praire Tan while I had the cornucopia of Parchments.

I was all set to buy that add on seat cupholder, but once I changed the drawer cupholder, that ended up working so much better (not a dip, spill, or liquid launch since) that I left it be. Still, I'm glad to finally see these seat mount things surface somewhere.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Senior User

FarmingF250 has a good reputation on FTE.FarmingF250 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
Whoa that's a flash from the past! That cup holder piece has been around for years. I used to see it adertised regularly the Powerstroke Registry magazine over a decade ago, when it was very relevant to the Superduty's of that era... 1999 and 2000.

In 2001, Ford changed the in dash cupholder design from rubber foam flaps to plastic foldaway arms with a drop down cup land. In 2002, Ford changed the back of the 40/20/40 center console seat to incorporate a cup holder. So yup, these will only work for 1999-2001. Those two corrective moves from Ford ended up freezing the market for this cool add on cupholder. It eventually disappeared from being advertised. Truck accessory vendors stopped carrying it.

It is an awesome solution for those who don't use their center seat as a seat at all.

For those who want their honey to be able to snuggle up right close while belted in the center seat, and who don't want to have to deal with find a place to store the cup holder while it is removed, there is another option:

Fortunately, Ford's updated design of the drawer pull cupholder is retrofittable in the earlier trucks. The only caveat is the slight color tonality difference. Ford changed interior beige's... from Prairie Tan to Medium Parchment. The difference is slight, and is ignorable, considering how much better the updated cupholder design is. I changed the cupholder in my 2000 as well as my neighbor's early 99. My color matched, his didn't, as he had the older Praire Tan while I had the cornucopia of Parchments.

I was all set to buy that add on seat cupholder, but once I changed the drawer cupholder, that ended up working so much better (not a dip, spill, or liquid launch since) that I left it be. Still, I'm glad to finally see these seat mount things surface somewhere.
How much does the retrofit cost and where did you get it from? Ford or junkyard?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Posting Guru

Lubbockguy1979 has a good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a good reputation on FTE.
Contact parts guy ed or one of the other discount ford parts vendors. I can think of the other off the top of my head. I absolutely love my pull out cup holder as well as the 08-10 console in my truck. Between the two I can put just abpout any drink cup in my truck with out a issue. The 01-07 console is as much a joke as the 99-01 cupholders,
Old 04-29-2013, 10:59 PM
New User

Eccles is starting off with a positive reputation.
Having the same problem, but am hoping to find a different solution as I have the console up just as often as down. I've been trying to find one of the old school organizers that sits on the tranny hump, with the plastic teeth to grab the carpet. I maybe romanticizing it, but I think I remember many/all of them having decent cup holders built in, with the added benefit of having a catch all area for random pocket contents, other keys, etc and not having those items clunk and chunk around in the console when up. (also, the fewer things in the center seat console, the fewer things that end up on the floor when little hands reach from their booster seats in the back...) I've tried calling local parts stores with no luck, and tried ebay, jcwhitney etc with no luck. Does anyone know where I could find one? Or, an "official" name of what I'm looking for? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1999, 2001, 99, add, center, console, cup, cupholder, duty, f250, f350, ford, holder, pull, super