1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two more rookie questions on this great 2012 250

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Two more rookie questions on this great 2012 250

Is there a way to remove the rear center headrest ?
between the three of them we can barely see out the back

Is there a quicker way when going into reverse to get the backup camera to come on ? first is the ford advertisement, then the sync to my phone, then it slowly shows the rear view - all the while I'm sitting in reverse waiting on it...

Would be tragic to have to use the side mirrors or turn my head

Old 03-31-2012, 06:11 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nobody ?!?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know but probably just lifts out if they are adjustable. If not you probably have to take the cover off and remove bolts.
Is there a quicker way when going into reverse to get the backup camera to come on ? first is the ford advertisement, then the sync to my phone, then it slowly shows the rear view - all the while I'm sitting in reverse waiting on it...

Yes, remote start your vehicle so the Ford Advertisement is gone and your phone is syncing when you walk up.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
jmiley
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jasfaa

Dont know but probably just lifts out if they are adjustable. If not you probably have to take the cover off and remove bolts.

Yes, remote start your vehicle so the Ford Advertisement is gone and your phone is syncing when you walk up.
Remote start doesn't start the navigation or the back up camera.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:22 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
I have all 3 of mine removed, plus the front center seat headrest. You might have to dig between the headrest and seat to find the button to release it, but it's there. I did it a while back, headrests are packed away in the basement.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ya, headrests come out, you have little buttons at the base of the rest on top of the seat, two of them that have to be pressed while you slide the rest out. I only have one head rest on the passenger side remaining, it's nice that they were on the truck but you're right, hard to see anything.

I have the same issue, start up takes a long time. I usually start the truck well before I need to move it so I don't have to wait. Just gonna have to modify your habits.

Unless maybe turn the radio off. I don't know, I don't think my radio has ever been actually turned off. Try it next time you park, turn everything off before shutting down and see what happens when you start up next time.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Back into your parking space rather than pulling in. It's safer to park this way and IMO it's easier too. Then you don't need to wait for the backup camera because you can just pull straight out.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Or...... learn to drive the darn thing. This may seem harsh but, in reality the back up cameras were never ment to replace driver fundimentals. The camera is ment for those tight spots where you were in danger of actually dammaging things. in those instances it pays to wait the few extra seconds for the cameras to come on.

Other than that... learn to drive the darn thing...

Old 04-01-2012, 07:39 AM
jmiley
Senior User
Originally Posted by PA-Mark
Or...... learn to drive the darn thing. This may seem harsh but, in reality the back up cameras were never ment to replace driver fundimentals. The camera is ment for those tight spots where you were in danger of actually dammaging things. in those instances it pays to wait the few extra seconds for the cameras to come on.

Other than that... learn to drive the darn thing...
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a back up camera that cost over $400 to immediately be seen on a display on the Navigation unit that cost over $1800.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:58 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

I dont think is unreasonable to expect somebody to learn to drive a vechicle that he/she is operating on the same roads as me....

And to the price of technology that is a moot point.

Now all of this technology is computer operated, your going to have to wait for a boot up, no matter what your expectations are....

Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 AM
jmiley
Senior User
Originally Posted by PA-Mark
I dont think is unreasonable to expect somebody to learn to drive a vechicle that he/she is operating on the same roads as me....

And to the price of technology that is a moot point.

Now all of this technology is computer operated, your going to have to wait for a boot up, no matter what your expectations are....
saying a guy doesn't know how to drive a vehicle because he wants the camera display to show up sooner is a bit of a stretch, you have no idea how good of a driver he is.

There are $75 camera systems that do not have the delay, so obviously there are some engineers that have figured out how to make a camera system work without the delay.

The more you pay for technology, the better it should work.

The $1800 Ford Navigation unit sucks, a $100 Garmin works much better and is easier to use, I don't know why Ford didn't sub it out to Garmin.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by jdadamsjr

Would be tragic to have to use the side mirrors or turn my head
I didnt say he dosnt know how to drive, I believe the OP said this all by himself, Anyone willing to get on a public forum opens themselves up to the comments/opinions of the community.

Again, the price that you or others pay for technology does not have any relivence in this discussion.

Maybe you should suggest to the OP to ditch his SYNC/NAV for a Garmen unit to fix his problem instead of criticising me for my lack of concern for his/her impatience or lazyness in operating a vechicle.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 AM
jfh0jfh
Freshman User
@jdadamsjr: This should probably be a separate thread but: I'd be interested in why you bought a diesel.

I just traded my 2006 diesel for a 2012 gas. With incentives and various markdowns, a XLT diesel was < $4K more than the gas. But I don't drive much anymore and friends w/ 2011/ 12 diesels are having various problems w/ the DEF systems.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 AM
B&LLandscaping
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
I have all 3 of mine removed, plus the front center seat headrest. You might have to dig between the headrest and seat to find the button to release it, but it's there. I did it a while back, headrests are packed away in the basement.
X2.

There's a button at the base of both posts and they both have to be pushed in and then the headrests just pull right out.

The rearview camera on the mirror is instant.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
Originally Posted by B&LLandscaping
X2.

There's a button at the base of both posts and they both have to be pushed in and then the headrests just pull right out.

The rearview camera on the mirror is instant.
Yes it is instant and with no advertisments. I love it. But I do not rely on it. It is only used to hook up the trailer. Thats why its pointed down.

Quick Reply: Two more rookie questions on this great 2012 250