1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two more rookie questions on this great 2012 250

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
jmiley
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PA-Mark
I didnt say he dosnt know how to drive, I believe the OP said this all by himself, Anyone willing to get on a public forum opens themselves up to the comments/opinions of the community.

Again, the price that you or others pay for technology does not have any relivence in this discussion.

Maybe you should suggest to the OP to ditch his SYNC/NAV for a Garmen unit to fix his problem instead of criticising me for my lack of concern for his/her impatience or lazyness in operating a vechicle.
He never said he didn't know how to drive.

The more you pay for technology, the better it should be.

Why should a guy be expected to ditch anything in a $50,000 + truck?

It takes about 5 seconds for the rear camera to come up on the nav display, it could easily come on instantly, bad design criteria by Ford, they splash their advertisement on the screen, we already know it is a Ford and that we are a Ford customer, why do they need to advertise it more?

Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by jmiley
He never said he didn't know how to drive.

The more you pay for technology, the better it should be.

Why should a guy be expected to ditch anything in a $50,000 + truck?

It takes about 5 seconds for the rear camera to come up on the nav display, it could easily come on instantly, bad design criteria by Ford, they splash their advertisement on the screen, we already know it is a Ford and that we are a Ford customer, why do they need to advertise it more?
WWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWW! a whole 5 seconds! holy crap! That crap is junk! I say we all put togeather a million owner march on the ford plant in protest! For a 50,000 dollar truck should know what we want before we want it! Were paying that much money for a truck and those engeneers have there heads up their rears.....

Give me a brake dude, your mad at something today and redirecting it at me. I dont give a crap about how much friggin money this guy throws at his darn truck. He should have figured that crap out before he dropped down that kinda cash. A thousand times caveat emptor!

Im gonna say the only real advise given here would be to get a different unit from Garmen, other than that my good sir, have a nice day...

Old 04-01-2012, 02:08 PM
jmiley
Senior User
WWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWW! a whole 5 seconds! holy crap! That crap is junk! I say we all put togeather a million owner march on the ford plant in protest! For a 50,000 dollar truck should know what we want before we want it! Were paying that much money for a truck and those engeneers have there heads up their rears.....

Give me a brake dude, your mad at something today and redirecting it at me. I dont give a crap about how much friggin money this guy throws at his darn truck. He should have figured that crap out before he dropped down that kinda cash. A thousand times caveat emptor!

Im gonna say the only real advise given here would be to get a different unit from Garmen, other than that my good sir, have a nice day...
Not mad at you pointing out my actual experience with the same navigation unit he has.

I don't like the dealy it is irritating, I also don't like the back up camera not working when in drive going past 5 MPH, I like to be able to look at the camera to know the hitch is still good.

My solution is to add a rear back up camera, and also to install a front camera, I have a trailer hitch on the front and want to be able to see when I am hooking up the trailer so I don't damage the bumper or worse.

It is also nice for parking so that I don't get too close to another vehicle.

BTW It is break, not brake, Garmin, not Garmen, it is engineer not engeneer, it is we're, not were, it is together, not togeather.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Not mad at you pointing out my actual experience with the same navigation unit he has.

I don't like the dealy it is irritating, I also don't like the back up camera not working when in drive going past 5 MPH, I like to be able to look at the camera to know the hitch is still good.

My solution is to add a rear back up camera, and also to install a front camera, I have a trailer hitch on the front and want to be able to see when I am hooking up the trailer so I don't damage the bumper or worse.

It is also nice for parking so that I don't get too close to another vehicle.

BTW It is break, not brake, Garmin, not Garmen, it is engineer not engeneer, it is we're, not were, it is together, not togeather.
So now your so petty as to attack on spelling.... You feel more better about yourself now... Realy showing your charicter now, for the whole forum to see

Old 04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
jmiley
Senior User
So now your so petty as to attack on spelling.... You feel more better about yourself now... Realy showing your charicter now, for the whole forum to see
A couple of spelling error's is one thing, several in one post is pretty bad IMHO.

I think you meant you're not your.

"more better" ???

I make spelling errors once in awhile as most people do, but when they are common in your posts it really shows your character, not sure what charicter is.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of spelling error's is one thing, several in one post is pretty bad IMHO.

I think you meant you're not your.

"more better" ???

I make spelling errors once in awhile as most people do, but when they are common in your posts it really shows your character, not sure what charicter is.
Since we are nitpicking, it would be errors, not error's.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Let's settle down and try to help the OP out with his questions guys.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

How about one more John.... and im done. To Err is human, To Arrrgh is Pirate

Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by powerstroke72
Let's settle down and try to help the OP out with his questions guys.
I stick by my suggestion to protest the ford plant and insist they fix the 5 seconds i loose every time i need to use my back up cameras.... Ok John now im done

Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks that your radio does not do that. My 08 nav system with backup camera is on after remote started. Too bad. Hoped it was an easy fix for ya. Yeah I pusposely misspelled you....LOL

Old 04-01-2012, 07:37 PM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
I don't know how anyone can back up only using the camera. My wife has it in her Explorer and it is very hard to use. Only use it to get close to things. I do wish I had it on my truck to back into parking spaces and to hook up the trailer. I am looking at a after market one but it would have been a lot cheaper to buy it with the truck.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
2008fordguy
Senior User
Yep, gotta be careful on this board! I had some dude tear into me for a thread I started too, lots of self important jerks on this forum. I just tell myself they are driving a ford Superduty because they are most likely a Super, or GC, and they don't know any better.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeeze - some of you are at that time of the month...

Note that I do know how to drive...
Note that I do know how to spell...
Note that I've been on this board QUITE a long time...
now, new to me truck and so I ask a few questions...

and never seen this type of response to one of my abbreviated questions...
did you SEE the happy faces ?!?

It was an innocent question that one in particular went off the deep end - my guess some imbibing was going on (at least I hope so, or someone needs to get happy !)
Where is that ignore user option ?!?

If I have the technology, I'd like to use it, especially in the situations where I have to fold the mirrors in because of a tight space I'm backing into...

As for as the backup camera delay - I design and build hardware and software systems, so think I have somewhat of a handle of the cycle time for a 'computer' to boot ...
as stated though, the advertisements and boot sequence could be shortened when reverse is selected so you can hookup to your 5th wheel without bouncing back and forth...
but explaining why to some is not necessary, but to others it is especially warranted for comprehensions sake.

Maybe the '11's are different from the '12's and my 3 previous excursions that had the release buttons easily found on the headrest bases...
will look closer when I have time and appreciate the relevant responses !

Someone asked a legitimate question about why I got a diesel ? Cuz I wanted one :0
had great service out of 3 diesel excursions because of their easy tunability and loved them ..
oh, and this may have factored into it a bit:

Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
Now, it seems the '11's may be different from the '12's and my 3 previous excursions that had the release buttons easily found on the headrest...
Not sure as I haven't tried to take mine out yet. But, I did look through my owner's manual and it says the center rear headrest comes out using the same process as removing the front headrests. Haven't tried to remove them either. Now as far as the '11 vs. '12 thing goes, you may be right. I do know the front headrests are different from '11 to '12.

Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
as stated though, the advertisements and boot sequence could be shortened when reverse is selected so you can hookup to your 5th wheel without bounces back and forth...
Same thing on mine. It's a pain in the tail too. I don't rely solely on the camera for backing up but it sure is nice to have it when you need it. If I'm backing up in a multi-point type of turn and switch between drive and reverse, it takes too long for the camera to change back to the rear view from the radio, map, or other function.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
jfh0jfh
Freshman User
"Maybe the '11's are different from the '12's and my 3 previous excursions that had the release buttons easily found on the headrest bases... will look closer when I have time and appreciate the relevant responses !"

I looked at my 2012 SC XT this aft and can't find releases for the headrests. I'll look again tomorrow. Mine only has 2 in the rear (no center unit). Maybe XT units are fixed, to remind us that we don't appreciate the finer things in XLT+ life. Or maybe the 12s are different.

Quick Reply: Two more rookie questions on this great 2012 250