Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Senior User

kelsey_kaye is starting off with a positive reputation.
What is just south of Houston in your terms? I bet if you go to a mom and pop shop you'll pass. The shop by my apartment here in Austin told me my car would fail because I had tint over my tails. All I did was go to my hometown (Columbus) and it passed there.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Junior User

conoso is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey_kaye View Post
What is just south of Houston in your terms? I bet if you go to a mom and pop shop you'll pass. The shop by my apartment here in Austin told me my car would fail because I had tint over my tails. All I did was go to my hometown (Columbus) and it passed there.
I live in a small town of Damon and I went to a mom and pop shop in West Columbia
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Junior User

I've been looking at steering wheels has anyone looked at the grant 13000 truck and rv wheel its 18 inch with 2.25 dish. What to yall think?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Junior User

thunder74-79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thats a nice looking set-up. Its larger than the factory options so they shouldnt complain too much. lol
Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Senior User

kelsey_kaye is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conoso View Post
I live in a small town of Damon and I went to a mom and pop shop in West Columbia
How unfortunate and odd... As previously mentioned, I'd go get a wheel from the nearest junkyard to just throw on for inspection.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Posting Guru

miottimouse is starting off with a positive reputation.
conoso i feel the inspector was right in out lawing that wheel not for being after market but the 13" size does not give you the mechanical leverage nessesary to turn a 5000lb truck saflty in an emergincy situation and if your p.s. is not working thats even worst unless you have arms like the hulk not trieing to burst your bubble but if he did pass that wheel and theres an accident thats law suit territory he is just doing his job and covering his own a## also i have found a lot of times the center horn button does not work on these things adding fuel to the fire
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by miottimouse View Post
conoso i feel the inspector was right in out lawing that wheel not for being after market but the 13" size does not give you the mechanical leverage nessesary to turn a 5000lb truck saflty in an emergincy situation and if your p.s. is not working thats even worst unless you have arms like the hulk not trieing to burst your bubble but if he did pass that wheel and theres an accident thats law suit territory he is just doing his job and covering his own a## also i have found a lot of times the center horn button does not work on these things adding fuel to the fire
Believe me I'm not mad over it it just surprised me that they look that close at that. I was already thinking of replacing it but I wanted to get it on the road and maybe get it later. Now it gave me a reason to buy one with the old lady.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1976, 2012, diesel, dmv, exhaust, ford, houston, indpection, inspection, laws, length, pass, republic, smal, steering, texas, wa, wheel