6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Titan Fuel Tank.... Void Warranty ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grende7581
Does not void warranty unless Ford can show it caused a malfunction.

Below, is my thread on Titan from the 6.4 forum. "My primary gripe with titan was lack of customer support and marginal instructions."

I just think you should know.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...tan-tanks.html
link doesn't seem to work....

Do I need to even read the instructions since we have Epic's video

Old 03-28-2012, 05:12 AM
grende7581
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Try this link,

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tan-tanks.html

His video is good. They shipped me the wrong extension kits which created more issues for me. Then they just let me swing in the wind and figure out how to make fuel/return line connect. Below is the other link and steps that I could improved the 47 gal tank install. I not sure how it translates to your tank size.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-so-great.html

1. Biggest problem was the main fuel and return line connection between tank and truck. I had the extension kit and did not connect as advertised. I think I got a wrong part within the kit (the return line fuel joiner). Ending up doing a custom job.
2. The instruction stated the position of the main vent line and rollover vent/valve. If installed the way the instructions state, the frame would have pinched off the vent lines.
3. Figure 11 is incorrect, does not show vent system connected for SB.
4. The shield does not require the strap bushing. It's not clearly stated, again customer service would have helped.
5. Instructions 23-25 an accurate picture(s) would have been worth a 1000 words.
6. Customer service and/ better instruction would have saved the day.

Last edited by grende7581; 03-28-2012 at 05:27 AM. Reason: dead link
Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I installed my Titan Tank about a week before Epic's epic production was posted. We both got in on the pre-production order deal. My nephew did most of the work using only the excellent instructions that came with the tank. It took us 2 hours in a nicely equipped garage to complete the install. We did not rush.

Epic's video makes a relatively simple installation even easier to manage...highly recommended.

Regards

Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by my996duc1
I ordered my Titan tank today...
I am going to install it myself, thanks to Epic's video
Watch the video and read the instructions, especially the part about installing the sender.

Correct installation is simple, but critical.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM
cc853
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTE

My dealer told me that he spoke to a Ford tech. and they can not reset the MTE from 26 to 50 gallons?? What dealer did you use?

Doesn't make sense that they can't do it!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Originally Posted by cc853
My dealer told me that he spoke to a Ford tech. and they can not reset the MTE from 26 to 50 gallons?? What dealer did you use?

Every dealer I called said they could do it. It was a matter of how far I wanted to drive and how much they were going to charge me.

I would call a different dealer and don't ask them if the know how to do it.... rather tell them it can be done and ask if they are willing to help you out. I also had the insturctions printed out for them too.

_

Old 10-24-2012, 12:45 PM
jetpilot2
Tuned
Originally Posted by my996duc1

Originally Posted by cc853

Every dealer I called said they could do it. It was a matter of how far I wanted to drive and how much they were going to charge me.

I would call a different dealer and don't ask them if the know how to do it.... rather tell them it can be done and ask if they are willing to help you out. I also had the insturctions printed out for them too.

_
My local dealer told me the same thing. I just took it to another dealer while I was in FL along with the instructions and they did it!!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
shortfx42013
New User
Titan Tank

I just put in 50 gal titan tank today and was just wondering on the mte. The dealer told me on the 13's that it would recalibrate itself after a couple fill ups. I didn't think that would work as the computer would have to know the size the fuel tank. no??

Old 12-28-2012, 12:53 AM
GobblinTom
Senior User
Video was excellent! My question is how far down does that tank hang compared to the stock tank? Is it the same? I only ask because I am sure at some point in my hunting excursions I will be off road... I wish they were a little cheaper to buy... I could go to Nebraska on one tank of fuel from PA... My wife would kill me if I told her I was getting a bigger tank, just paid for the Line-X bed liner and ordered an ARE cap painted to match, due in January...

Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Otahyoni
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GobblinTom
Video was excellent! My question is how far down does that tank hang compared to the stock tank? Is it the same? I only ask because I am sure at some point in my hunting excursions I will be off road... I wish they were a little cheaper to buy... I could go to Nebraska on one tank of fuel from PA... My wife would kill me if I told her I was getting a bigger tank, just paid for the Line-X bed liner and ordered an ARE cap painted to match, due in January...

It hands 3-4" lower IIRC. I think they also offer a thick plastic skid shield designed for the tank.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
rob92761
Mountain Pass
titan tank hangs about inch lower than stock tank. you use the same mounting staps for the titan tank

Old 05-12-2015, 09:32 AM
lwk362393
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone had recent experience with this? I've always wanted to have a larger tank installed but have been under the impression that it would void the warranty. Would it be any different with a Ford ESP?

Old 05-12-2015, 11:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lwk362393
Has anyone had recent experience with this? I've always wanted to have a larger tank installed but have been under the impression that it would void the warranty. Would it be any different with a Ford ESP?
Hi Les,

Using or installing an aftermarket part won't necessarily void your warranty. If it were to fail or cause a Ford part to fail, though, you would be responsible for any related repairs. If you're concerned, you can always have a chat with your dealership's service manager to see what they would advise.

Crystal

Old 05-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi Les,

Using or installing an aftermarket part won't necessarily void your warranty. If it were to fail or cause a Ford part to fail, though, you would be responsible for any related repairs. If you're concerned, you can always have a chat with your dealership's service manager to see what they would advise.

Crystal
Same thing my dealer told me when I asked them to reset the MtoE capacity when the truck was delivered. So far, 10k later, no problems at all.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:07 PM
pjcinmi
Senior User
My Selling dealer told me they could not install a Titan Tank because it was a "non-ford part" BUT, In the next breath, they told me, they could however reset the MFD as Ford had already programed into the computer after I had the tank installed. (They estimated the cost to change (MFD) hour worth of labor rate)

Fast forward. I ordered and installed the tank two weeks ago myself. It took me, by myself about three-four hours to do, using basic tools. I then took it to another dealer. (With programing instructions in hand.) They weren't sure it could be done, but would try. Took them all of five minutes to change the MFD. Cost me $40.

Neither dealer ever said anything about voiding any warranties.

Note: Titan changed the Vent design in 2014. The "new" style tanks do not required the vent line cutting. The tank itself, now has a separate vent & valve on it.

Quick Reply: Titan Fuel Tank.... Void Warranty ?