Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Do you ever get tired?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 AM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you ever get tired?

Seriously, do you ever get tired of the effort involved in keeping these trucks going?
My rear diff cover is seeping, decided to get a late model aluminum finned cover. Tousely Ford has great price. But then bought bolts, and decided on allen head stainless, had to buy 50 from Fastenal. (have extras if needed)
Then yesterday had to hit three different parts houses to come up with three quarts fluid!! Have had to go two places before to get 12-20 qts Mercon V when I do that.
Part of that is parts places really su#* now days. Found a really good NAPA in Laramie, Wy. Almost looking forward to seeing them again this summer.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 AM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, that's the allure of a new truck. Until you have to pay out the ying-yang for that monthly payment and the insurance to cover it.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:08 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Yes, as a matter of fact I often get tired. Heck, I am exhausted right now......

What? Oh, you mean tired of working on trucks....

Well when I am tired, I'm tired of everything.

Timothy

Old 03-25-2012, 08:01 PM
doublenot7
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got wore out from reading this thread.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Dude use the phone and call ahead. O'Reilys and Autozone will order and hold anything you want. I order everything except fluids online and either get it shipped or held at a local store. Lubbock has an O'Reilys warehouse with a built-in store; if it's available in the Panhandle that one store has it there. Maybe there's something like that around Houston.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
nope, not really. every day is a new learning experience, and as soon as i learn something, i try my best to perfect it.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by trekbasso
Seriously, do you ever get tired of the effort involved in keeping these trucks going?
My rear diff cover is seeping, decided to get a late model aluminum finned cover. Tousely Ford has great price. But then bought bolts, and decided on allen head stainless, had to buy 50 from Fastenal. (have extras if needed)
Then yesterday had to hit three different parts houses to come up with three quarts fluid!! Have had to go two places before to get 12-20 qts Mercon V when I do that.
Part of that is parts places really su#* now days. Found a really good NAPA in Laramie, Wy. Almost looking forward to seeing them again this summer.
if ur in need of an extra pair of hands, send me a pm or drop me an email to snuggyworm@att.net and we'll fix up a time where i'll come over to give u a hand. extra pair of hands and an extra brain..... between us, i'm sure we can get the job done.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Fuha
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no i actually missed it... last thing i did 10 years ago was swap a 350 for a 454 for the fun of it.. got married been new up until feb this year. warranty would run out we was trading it in.

finally got to get dirty again last weekend now i am ordering parts to give it a facelift

Old 04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Clorance
Senior User
Yeah, i'm tired of having to help Jesse work on my truck. After he did the tuneup on it, it has run just fine and now a new problem has arose. It now has a bad U-joint in the driveshaft, that's kind of minor and to be expected. Here's the major problem, the rear end is clicking and popping and on its way to going out. It's obvious to me now that whoever had this truck before me kept the interior and exterior nice and clean, but the inner workings of the truck were not ever properly maintained. That's my rant, at least for a while.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
ouch. sorry to hear tat clay. hope it clears up after a while. it'll all get better soon.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
riverrat41
Postmaster

It does get a little frustrating sometimes but I just get with Chris(F350-6)get a 12 pack and we go to work.
We both know there is really nothing new out there that we want because of the prices,reliability and pretty much handcuffed on working on the new ones ourselves.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Maybe, but another 20 years and we'll probably just resort to drinking beer and complaining about how you can't work on anything anymore like in the old days.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
chris, i'll drink to tat. heck, i might just buy that for a dollar! lol.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:37 AM
riggers
Post Fiend
I'll supply the beer and y'all can come get tired of working on trucks at my house! Cause I'm about SICK and TIRED of it. If I could just be like a normal woman and run it into the ground without feeling guilty........... Oh well, I got steaks too???? I'm a GREAT GO-FER! Nevermind!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM
jdbanks
Elder User
Growing up working on these trucks I learned it's a lot better working on trucks because you WANT to instead of have to. But finances what they are, you have to do what you have to do.

Quick Reply: Do you ever get tired?