Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Senior User

76gdmn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Edge Products Tuner

I'm picking up my ecoboost on Tuesday and am wondering if anyone out there is using the Edge Products Evo HT tuner.
Edge Products| Product

My buddies have Edge Product tuners in their diesels but I can't find too much about it for an Ecoboost. I am interested in all different settings as far as mileage/towing/race. I will be using the truck for towing at work but it's always fun to put these things in "extreme" mode and floor it.

If there is a better product please share! I don't plan on serious engine mods but will most likely update the intake and potentially add a moderately loud blow off valve just for the sound. I have read about high flow cats alone producing 30 hp on this truck.

2008 F350 Diesel, Regular cab, EGR delete, DPF delete, 5" turboback AFE exhaust, Spartan 210 HP tune, AFE stage II intake
Old 03-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Senior User

Well if anyone is following this thread, just yesterday Edge released the CS/CTS for our 2012 models. Mine is in the mail

I spoke with a sales rep and they stated that it only shows up in the computer as a scan tool. The local ford service guy says it does store a code in the computer but I am waiting to hear from him whether its a code that shows it has been tuned or if it really does only show up as a scantool.

It's going to be tough to wait until 1000 miles or so until I feel safe that the engine is broken in to really hammer down. I only have 75 miles right now!

2008 F350 Diesel, Regular cab, EGR delete, DPF delete, 5" turboback AFE exhaust, Spartan 210 HP tune, AFE stage II intake
Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Elder User

Lectrocuted is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check your owners manual warning about modifications. They absolutely have the capabilities to detect a tuner and will void your warranty if they want to. It's a gamble. You play you pay.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Senior User

we all know this. I'm planning to use the tuner for the mileage tune and it's mileage coach, and also to monitor the engine vitals, especially boost. I'm still amazed the truck doesn't come with a boost gauge. Also being able to monitor plenty of other parameters just makes me feel better about knowing what's going on with the truck. Of course, occasionally I would put it on a high tune and floor it, but that isn't what I'm doing here.

And, I also know the dealer doesn't give a **** what my intentions are with the device. But they also have to prove that this is what specifically causes so and so problems. IMO using a mileage tune which may actually DECREASE available power will not cause an issue that ford says i have to pay for.

Most people know what they're getting into when plugging one of these in, but for those who don't - thanks for the warning.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)

Tags
2011, 50, boost, eco, ecoboost, edge, evo, f150, ford, ht, mpg, ranger, review, reviews, tuner