Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 02:08 PM
New User

duckhunter88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
7.3L diesel won't stay running

I have a 1997 F350 7.3L diesel. Recently I started having problems with it staying running. It always starts, but will die after a couple of minutes. First I replaced both batteries as they were needing replaced anyway. I took it down the highway and it kept surging and acting like it wanted to quit running. It always starts right back up, but it won't stay running. I just replaced the camshaft position sensor and that didn't fix the problem either. Any suggestions before I give in and take it to a mechanic?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Post Fiend

Lazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to all
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums Here is a link to the page for your engine, probably better to ask the guys there.
However it sounds like a fuel delivery problem, maybe clogged filter, maybe bad fuel lift pump, maybe bad fuel pipe connection letting air into the fuel system. The guys on that other page will know.
Good luck.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:29 PM
New User

duckhunter88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
just posted my problem on that page. i'm new to this. thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
2001, 73, 73l, 97, 99, diesel, f250, ford, run, running, started, starts, stay, turbo, wont