Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Senior User

glennemay is starting off with a positive reputation.
Catalytic Converter Question

Ok. Not sure if anyone up here has the answer to this one, but I will give it a shot.

My son is getting his license in a couple of weeks (2nd child of mine to get it in 8 months)

He is looking at a 1993 Ranger. 2wd 4cyl. The cat is smoked on it.

Does anyone know if I would even need to have it on there? Or would the computer check and the lack of the cat cause him not to be able to inspect it?

So I hope everyone is enjoying this weather. Been a LONG time since it has been this nice in March.

Thanks in advance.
Glenn
Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Postmaster

slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have always heard if it came with one, it needs to have one?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
That's what I have heard also..

I do not think they look under there to check for one.. Only if it fails emissions..

I would just try and get it inspected without it.. It it fails no big deal.. then you have 7 days to get one put on..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 03-28-2012, 05:02 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
The inspector is required to look for one if the vehicle originally came with one.

To correct Big D...an emission failure gives you 30 days to correct it...a safety failure means it is illegal to drive the vehicle.

RIP...Hannah...affectionately known as Cujo...7/7/00-8/9/14.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior User

fords8 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
fords8 fords8chaa fords8 fords8chaa
My 89 F150 came with one but was removed when the truck was a NH truck. The MA inspection place didn't even look at it when I took it in. If it came from the factory with one, it should have one to pass inspection. A 93 doesn't have to have a emissions test either.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter