Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 335 Series- 5.8/351M, 6.6/400, 351 Cleveland
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

Texan1983 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck Avenger

hmm... maybe i will just stick with my good running 750 and not buy that truck carb after all
Old 06-29-2003, 11:39 PM
Junior User

DeanG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck Avenger

I had the same problem with the Holley 600cfm I put on my 400M...hesitation just off of idle. I played around with it for quite a while, trying different size squirters, and then accelerator pump cams and what I finally ended up with was a 50cc accelerator pump (its a Holley part #) and a fairly aggressive pump cam (I don't remember which one right now..they come in different colors) and then a larger nozzle. If you only change the nozzle size and nothing else, you could possibly run the accelerator pump dry and then your hessitation comes back-usually when you least need it to happen. Anyway now my 600cfm off idle throttle response is excellent, as good as most fuel injection setups. Hope this helps..a lot depends on your particular motor..mine is a 400M built to about 350HP
Old 07-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Elder User

snowfighter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck Avenger

My cousin runs a 670 on his 460 Bronco and has had no problems with it.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Senior User

Hardball is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightbulb Truck Avenger

Try Edelbrock #1406..... Greatest thing I ever did!!
Old 07-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Posting Guru

78bigbronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Truck Avenger

Just a side note... although I have had trouble with my truck avenger, some of my friends tell me that the hollies in general can be a lot more finicky. If you want something easy to setup and tune I would go edelbrock route. Holleys see,m to constantly need tuning and tweaking and retuning and things that shouldnt change all the sudden are way off ?!? And to top it off I was adjusting the float levels and the nut got out of whack when I was adjusting it and now it just dumps gas right out the vent holes and I cant get it back to normal. Great, have to send it back to holley just to get the dam float levels reset lol.

09 F-350 V10 4x4 6spd CC/8' ordered 5/26/09 delivered 7/6/09
99 F-150 V6 4x4 5spd RegCab/Short bed
78 Big Bronco 4x4 (a work in progress)
Old 07-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Senior User

GendoIkari69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck Avenger

Well I've gone to a .35" nozzle and have a lot of improvement. Every once in a while I still might almost stall when I punch it.
MSD dist, coil & ignition
Holley Truck Avenger Carb
Custom guage pod hopefully coming soon!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Senior User

GendoIkari69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck Avenger

Ha ha. I got the Holley for way it was built for off-roading. Now I just saw a commercial that Edelbrock has a new truck carb that has the same things.
MSD dist, coil & ignition
Holley Truck Avenger Carb
Custom guage pod hopefully coming soon!
Old 07-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Senior User

jdawg78 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck Avenger

Well finally got a hold of Holley and they are making things right. But get this, they feel that the 670 carb is too small for my motor. That's causing the problems. Ummmm, what? Too big??? Well I don't care anymore, I just want a carburetor. So they are sending me a 770 Street Avenger. I have a sneaking suspicion that they have found an inherent flaw in the Truck Avenger and are going to pull it. Which is why they are switching me to the street avenger. Oh well, I'm not gonna complain because my new 550 hp roller-cam 400M could use the 770 cfm. I'll keep you posted on that one....
Old 07-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 335 Series- 5.8/351M, 6.6/400, 351 Cleveland

Tags
2500, 64, 670, 8010, avenger, forums, holley, jet, problems, result, rpm, secondary, test, truck, weiand