Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2012, 04:05 PM
New User

leiteralex is starting off with a positive reputation.
blown fuses

Hello Everyone; First time user, first time poster.

I am the proud owner of a 1999 Ford F-150 4x4 Pickup with a 4.6 Litre V-8.

I purchased this truck approximately 1 year earlier from a guy who assured me that there was nothing what so ever wrong with it.

My problem simply put is this, my Dash Lights keep blowing fuses and going dark and my wipers every once in a while will come on for just one rotation, sometimes with one rotation but every 3-4 seconds for 3-6 times.

I bought and installed a new light switch to no avail. Have not tore down the dash to check schematic issues simply because I would not know where to look, which is kind of where you guys come into play hopefully.

Can someone please lead in the right direction on where to look on the Schematic?

I have a Hanes manual for reference so I might be able to understand where to go if and when I get some help frome someone.

Thanks in advance for your help and I want to say that in spite of these problems I am very proud of this truck and just love it.

Have a great day
Terry.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Elder User

cficare is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This is the 2009-UP F150 forum.
You may have better luck finding an answer in the 1997-2003 F150 forum here ...
1997 - 2003 F150 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 AM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
hummm ...

as i understand it, some of these trucks will automatically turn your headlights on when you turn your wipers on.

is it possible that your multi-function-switch (turn signal) is bad, causing your wipers to cycle and also playing havoc with your dash lights at the same time?

as for a schematic, you might have to go to Ford and get a Ford manual to get a schematic that is worth a darn. Haynes and Chiltons will have the basics, but i'd doubt they'd have something in there like what you are looking for.

beeing an 09 .... any chance you still have a bumper-bumper extended warranty? make someone else figgure it out and save yourself some time?

keep us posted!
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
Quote:
Originally Posted by meborder View Post
hummm ...

beeing an 09 .... any chance you still have a bumper-bumper extended warranty? make someone else figgure it out and save yourself some time?

keep us posted!
He said its a 99, I think the warranty is out
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 03-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Postmaster

Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.
First what fuse or fuses are blowing? This gives a lead on the specific circuits.
Next, the GEM module may be the source of the issue.
Look for a windshield leak in the area of the inside fuse panel.
Don't take anything apart until you get this basic info so you have some idea of what your looing for.
Good luck.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150

Tags
150, 2012, article, bike, dashboard, ford, fuse, fuses, garage, hawaii, powered, rack, shop, truck, v8