Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Posting Guru

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
water pump repair (y-block)

Anyone tried one of those water pump repair kits?

Water Pump - New - Ford 272, 292, 312 V8 Only - MAC's Antique Auto Parts

Or am I better off buying a new one?

Spent a couple hours tuning up my engine from that stupid accident only to find I'm pouring coolant out of the top hole on the water pump. grrr...

Wanted: '53-56 horn button, '56 wiper arm
Parts I have that I don't need: F600 Running boards, F600 running board brackets (2), 272 fuel pump
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Posting Guru

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Anyone?

Mine looks a little different than the ones I'm finding, not sure if I can bolt the fan bracket on the same.

Wanted: '53-56 horn button, '56 wiper arm
Parts I have that I don't need: F600 Running boards, F600 running board brackets (2), 272 fuel pump
Old 03-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Senior User

pintoplumber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pintoplumber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a car engine in mine. My understanding is the truck water pump had a bigger snout for the fan. I'd bet the parts inside for a rebuild kit would be the same. Dennis
Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen67 View Post
Anyone tried one of those water pump repair kits?Or am I better off buying a new one?
You're better off buying a new one.
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks for the input, I think I'll have to order a repair kit as I have a 272 HD and mine looks a little different and I don't think the fan part will bolt the same.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Elder User

Outlaw56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stephen,

So did you get a kit and how did the rebuild go?
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw56 View Post
Stephen,

So did you get a kit and how did the rebuild go?
Stephen is taking a break from the forum and is unlikely to respond. I had an I6 pump rebuilt through Rock Auto and was very satisfied. There are not any kits available for that version from my search.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Elder User

Thanks 49er. I have three of the 3/4" shaft pumps laying around and if they are not difficult to rebuild, I was going to put kits in them just to have them ready for who ever ends up with my trucks. I was especially interested in process of removing the pulley hub and how to get it back in the same position it was installed. Pretty difficult if not impossible to find the rebuild kits huh?
Old 06-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Last activity: June 1, 2014
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 06-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw56 View Post
Thanks 49er. I have three of the 3/4" shaft pumps laying around and if they are not difficult to rebuild, I was going to put kits in them just to have them ready for who ever ends up with my trucks. I was especially interested in process of removing the pulley hub and how to get it back in the same position it was installed. Pretty difficult if not impossible to find the rebuild kits huh?
Can't speak to the V8 version - the I6 kits and replacement pumps are ghosts: rumors but no real sightings. It is one of two parts (the thermostat housing the other) that aren't reproduced, by my experience. I've found another pump core that will be rebuilt as a spare. Good luck with your mission.

19 and 49 F1 jes' like Henry II built

DW
Old 06-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Elder User

Thanks, good luck on yours too. I will keep my eye out for a donar I6. Thats a 239?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
289, 292, block, ford, kit, pump, rebuild, repair, replacement, truck, water