1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Vandals Damage Collector Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Eds56Effie
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vandals Damage Collector Truck

This happened the other day in the Tampa area. Although, it pertains to a 42 Chevy pickup it affects all of us old pick up enthusiasts. It will make you sad..and angry at the same time! Hope they catch the pos that did this!!

Vandals' damage to go on display

Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Sad, indeed, that someone, someones, would stoop that low.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Do they have the death penalty in FL? I hope so.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:44 AM
TxF100
Senior User
This just sickens me. What kind of disturbed psycho does this to a 90 year old man? Really tough dude this coward is.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
That's terrible, there will be no justice even if they catch the SOBs that did this. There's no way to compensate for the work and love that was put into the truck. Also, it sounds like the damage was done in the guy's garage, there's another violation, his sense of security got to be smashed. If they do catch those monsters they'll probably be some spoil brats that the old man pissed off then some how but that doesn't justify this act in no way. I can't see this just being a random act, someone had to know this truck was in his garage and wanted to take revenge. It also had to take some time to do all that damage and they had to know they had the time to do it and know they wouldn't be detected because it had to be noisy. This was a planned out act.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
That's terrible, there will be no justice even if they catch the SOBs that did this. There's no way to compensate for the work and love that was put into the truck. Also, it sounds like the damage was done in the guy's garage, there's another violation, his sense of security got to be smashed. If they do catch those monsters they'll probably be some spoil brats that the old man pissed off then some how but that doesn't justify this act in no way. I can't see this just being a random act, someone had to know this truck was in his garage and wanted to take revenge. It also had to take some time to do all that damage and they had to know they had the time to do it and know they wouldn't be detected because it had to be noisy. This was a planned out act.
I agree. I saw this on another board. Your thoughts "there will be no justice even if they catch the SOBs that did this. There's no way to compensate for the work and love that was put into the truck" are my thoughts. Even my ole beater driver if someone did that to it I would be crushed.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
I would honestly beat somebody to death if they did that to mine. Nothing surprises me nowadays. The world is full of evil sick cowards.

Don't you wish that truck was like the car "Christine" from that movie. Especially where it fixes itself and goes out and murders the low-lifes who destroyed it.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:50 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
It doesn't appear the A-holes took any of his tools? If the cops can't figure this out, they're not trying. I bet the old man knows who did it.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Eds56Effie
Senior User

Update: Car enthusiasts help vandalism victim:

Car enthusiasts help vandalism victim

Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
I agree. I would almost certainly guarantee it's some low-life kid in his own neighborhood. They ought to catch him and let that man stand over him AND his parents with a shotgun and an electric cattle prod while they fix it.

EDIT: Well good. I'm glad they helped him out. Thanks for the update Ed.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe not, but it seems like it must have been personal to me, some dip**** kid who wasn't allowed to ride in it or something.

Though there is a part of me that thinks once they take it to the car show, several people would want to get together and help him fix it. I know I would if it was here. It's not 'too' bad, I mean it's not like they took a pickaxe to the sheet metal or and angle grinder to the engine, but still, least 100 hours and probably several thousand dollars.

Is heart breaking, especially to happen in his garage, that's supposed to be the safe place for it.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
What kind of sadistic bastage would do this to an 80 year old man?

It's the kind of thing you'd like to catch them in the act... and then plead temporary insanity.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Eds56Effie
Update: Car enthusiasts help vandalism victim:

Car enthusiasts help vandalism victim
Wow, it says there they cut the brake lines and A/C hoses; that's not the kind of thing a punk kid would do, this is some adult with an axe to grind. Glad to see the locals are helping him out, I wish there was a fund to contribute to.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
That really sucks! Yeah... The little barstads that did it should be beaten and water boarded.

But, it appears that all of the damage is repairable (expensive paint-job though) Since all the glass is available, the body work, glass replacement and interior repair wouldn't be any different than any other truck repair new or old.

If he had insurance on it, the Comprehensive ("Other Than Collision") coverage would cover it completely! including the engine damage (if any) and tire damage....... .......If "some green stuff" was poured in the engine, it wasn't started, so it most likely didn't do anything to hurt it.

This should serve as a lesson to us all.

I was only going to put only "liability" on mine but I think....... I'll re-think that.

It also appears that it happened in his own garage!

Guys, WEB-cams are cheap cheap cheap! Even the type that are activated by motion, sound etc.

You can hook them up to your wireless network, and put them everywhere! They just sit there until the cat walks by!

I wouldn't doubt the job was a gang initiation "exercise"...... I hope they catch the little punks!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
More PROOF POSITIVE, some people have had the brains bred right out of them! We all know what happens to animals that have this disposition,... just sayin'.

Quick Reply: Vandals Damage Collector Truck