Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM
New User

eddiez21f350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.0 f350 egr delete

just purchased and installed kit from alligator performance. kit did not come with provision for stock egr sensor plug. resulting in engine light on ?? what do i do?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Postmaster

Sarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to behold
Chances are you will need to get a Tuner to turn the CEL off. Also I would find a spot to put the EGR valve, secure it and plug it back in. If unplugged it will not allow the cooling fan to run, or run at the proper speed.

Look at Innovative, Gear Head, or DP tuner for a programmer.

If it were my truck I would have kept the EGR system, just put a bullet proof cooler in it, but the system is already gone.

FWIW I would get some guages to be able to moniter important data like, EGT's, ECT, EOT, Fuel Pressure, FICM Voltage, etc...assuming you dont have any.

Oh Wecome Aboard, and Spend Some Time Down in the 6.0 Fourm.

Sarge
Bilstien Leveling Kit 5100's / DiPricol Optix Guages
Garrett Power Max / 155's With 30% Nozzles
2012 Keystone Laradeo 324RL w/ Reese Goose Box
Old 03-15-2012, 01:26 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Your profile says you have an '06, so yes you will get a CEL. Even if you plug the valve back in, in the manifold or not, your truck knows the EGR flow is gone and it will set the CEL.

Your options are a tuner with custom tunes, as was noted above. Or, plug the valve back in to make the truck happy, and cover the CEL with a piece of black tape. I would not recommend option #2, because you won't know when another issue sets the CEL.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
New User

eddiez21f350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
will my bully dog tuner be sufficient? thank you for all
Old 03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Bully is a bad word around the 6.0 world, so I really have no idea if they will do that. It would surprise me if they will, since those tunes must be off-road only. I guess you would have to call them.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Moved to the 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel forum.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
good call bill on the bully dog tuner. history notes that bully dog tuners are not recommended for our torqshift trannies cos they ride the tranny hard. i have been in my friend's f-250 and we were towing and we heard the tranny blow out.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), PMM EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Mag-Hytec Front
Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Senior User

Kert0307 has a good reputation on FTE.Kert0307 has a good reputation on FTE.Kert0307 has a good reputation on FTE.
My 05 with a bullydog GT doesn't have a check engine light with the valve still plugged in, but it does throw a silent code. I don't notice any performance differences.

FYI, bully dog HAS changed their transmission tuning for the 6.0 since when they first came out. Also, bullydog will not make a tune to turn off the egr. I do know that H&S performance who uses the same hardware as bullydog, but completely different tuning, will turn off the egr.
6.0 owner be like: "There was that one time I made a trip without problems."
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Post Fiend

BLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiez21f350 View Post
will my bully dog tuner be sufficient? thank you for all
The Best thing to do here IMO is to install the EGR Valve back into the Intake Manafold and plug it in. It wont hurt anything or affect anything as long as you Didnt put a Plug into the EGR Valve chamber and deleate it that way

AS Dom mentioned Bulley Dog is Bad for the 6.0L

With as MANY Tranneys Iv seen ruined by Bulley Dog Tunners theres no way I would risk using one on my truck

They could change there BD tranney tuning all they want to me the risk is way to HIGH to HOPE they got it right

IMO go with an SCT Tunner with a custom tune Lot of happey folks and is a Proven Product that agrees with the 6.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert0307 View Post
My 05 with a bullydog GT doesn't have a check engine light with the valve still plugged in, but it does throw a silent code. I don't notice any performance differences.

Yes sir plugging in the EGR Valve does help keep the PCM Happy

But some of these trucks do go into a Limp Mode with the CEL On

As Long as the truck Doesnt go into Limp Mode you wont notice any Preformance Issues. The Kicker with the EGR Valve unplugged is it affects Fan Operation so if the Fan isnt working right the risk of Overheat is there

Read this thread Cheezit has done some research with it cant remember what MY truck he tested on but Other Folks have noticed similair problems on all years of the 6.0L

Unplugged EGR VALVE & the problems that follow
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...egr-valve.html
2003 6.0, 4X4 srw, short box, born on 3/28/03 Moog ball joints,DC POWER 190A ALT Duralast Goldtop batterys 10/7/2012,RECON LED SMOKE MIRROR LENS,4 inch turbo back magnaflo exhaust,no kitty, 6 in. lift, BFG 315/75r16, python remote start alarm,pioneer system2 12''subs 1600watt amps ,scangaugeII,coolant filter, blue fuel pres spring, Fresh oil cooler 6/1/11 Final Charge Cat EC-1 rated Silicate Free ELC coolant, Sinister Full egr deleate, ROTELLA T-6 5w-40syn,updatedHPO screen,updated oil filter stand pipe, TC SX8000
Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
i agree wif benny on plugging tat egr valve back into the wiring harness. the radiator fan will not work, and on hot days or under heavy loads, she's gonna heat up faster than mama's cornbread on nana's cast-iron skillet.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), PMM EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Mag-Hytec Front
Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 AM