Where is the CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion SPONSORED BY:

Where is the CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Junior User

HOME WORKS is starting off with a positive reputation.
e30-us-en-file-e3oen078-pdf-gen-ref

Hopefully this will show where I found the CJB info.
2003 Eddie Bauer, 6.0 Banks Six Gun, MBRP 4" turbo-back with cat.,Zoodad air mod, Pillar mount AutoMeter Cobalt boost & egt gauges, Nitto NT420S 305/50R20 tires on 20x10 American Eagle 114's, matching tint front windows, 2005 grill, XM radio
Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Postmaster

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
The later Excursions don't have that engine compartment fuse box. Not '02-'05 anyway.
If that's the case, then it sounds like the answer to the OP is "it doesn't exist".

The owner manual for a 2003 Ford Excursion lists that as the "Passenger compartment fuse panel / power distribution box" (page 188 - 192 of the owner manual).

2000 Excursion Limited V10 4x4
F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, SCT X4
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Junior User

HOME WORKS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes Robert, the pic you posted is the fuse panel below the dash.
2003 Eddie Bauer, 6.0 Banks Six Gun, MBRP 4" turbo-back with cat.,Zoodad air mod, Pillar mount AutoMeter Cobalt boost & egt gauges, Nitto NT420S 305/50R20 tires on 20x10 American Eagle 114's, matching tint front windows, 2005 grill, XM radio
Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Postmaster

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOME WORKS View Post
Yes Robert, the pic you posted is the fuse panel below the dash.
Actually, where I got that photo claims it is the box under the hood.

F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, SCT X4
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 03-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross View Post
You're adding a lot of confusion to a simple answer. On the OP's 6.0 the CJB is the fuse/relay panel under the column, by the drivers knees.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_04_x View Post
You're adding a lot of confusion to a simple answer. On the OP's 6.0 the CJB is the fuse/relay panel under the column, by the drivers knees.
Missing my point (and Stewarts)...it's a fuse box...nowhere in the documentation available to a typical owner nor the Ford parts site call it a CJB.

Newbies reading this thread are going to start looking for these parts and not find them because someone is choosing to use a little known nomenclature to describe something commonly known to everyone from the engineer who designs these things to the (often) mindless parts people at dealers and shops, and will just perpetuate the confusion.

It's a fuse panel. Plain and simple. I'd argue that walking around calling it a junction box will cause much more confusion when someone tries to find that part on a web site or at (one of the many) clueless dealers and shops.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
An example of this confusion...web sites (that people seem to think are ALWAYS right) use the location known to 2000 model years to put up as a location of the diagram for a 2003...even screwing up the diesel vs gas description.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Excursion Fleet Manager

Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
'02 V10 under hood, where the early ones have a fuse box. Just a couple relays or something here.

Click the image to open in full size.
Sold- 2002 Excursion Ltd 4x4 V10, UA/HF, 1/30/02, 132k
2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR travel trailer, 3/8/06
Old 03-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Elder User

Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Ford service manuals calls the interior fuse box a CJB. The underhood fuse box is called the BJB, battery junction box. Has been this way for many years.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
My 03 7.3 box:

00 V10 Limited 'Chitty Deuce' - Sold too...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd2 View Post
Ford service manuals calls the interior fuse box a CJB. The underhood fuse box is called the BJB, battery junction box.
Yet the ford parts site lists it as a fuse box, as does the owner manual.

How many owners have the service manual vs. the owner manual, and how many (mindless) parts people use the parts site (that lists it as a fuse box)?

Old 11-02-2015, 02:48 PM
New User

yaaaahoo00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wink Fuses

Quote:
Yet the ford parts site lists it as a fuse box, as does the owner manual.

How many owners have the service manual vs. the owner manual, and how many (mindless) parts people use the parts site (that lists it as a fuse box)?

Sorry I'm Late, I was detained by a 03 Excursion 6.0 Diesel Shut down in the Middle of the High Way at Highway speed No Start no Crank issue but, I rode a Tow Truck with my Excursion and got here as soon I could! As Usual

Anyways,
My 2003 Excursion 6.0 Diesel Owner's Manual Says the "Fuse Box"
Located Left most under the Steering Wheel is called the;

Fuse Panel / Power Distribution Box

However,
I think the Central Junction Box (CJB) is inside the Passenger Kick Panel

Along with the Owner's Manual indicted;
Fuel Pump Shut-off Switch (Reset Button)
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Senior User

DidieX has a good reputation on FTE.DidieX has a good reputation on FTE.DidieX has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes, the fuse box is referred to as the Central Junction Box in service manuals. Couldn't tell you why they don't just call it fuse box to keep it simple. If you're having problems withthe radio and power windows then I would suspect a bad accessory delay relay. They're cheap to replace. I read one post where the guy took it apart and cleaned the contacts. I've tried that with the power seat switches and it didn't work so I would just get a new one. It's called K126 on the attached diagram. Good luck!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/at...1&d=1446509456
Attached Images
File Type: pdf View 151-35.pdf (67.9 KB, 187 views)
Old 11-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Senior User

7.3Excursion4x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.7.3Excursion4x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.7.3Excursion4x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.7.3Excursion4x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you are asking about what causes the windows and radio to not work in some junction box, I found out it was the instrument cluster. There is some kind of relay or something in there that controls the windows, overhead reading lights, stereo, mirror controls, etc. Only way to fix it, at least what I've found is by replacing the instrument cluster and having Ford program it for your specific vehicle.
When mine acts up, I usually take both hands and hit the top of the instrument panel area and it comes back on and everything works like it should.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Posting Guru

Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.
The Central Junction Box is the fuse panel under the dash.

It is important for everyone to know this term, because even the lowly Haynes manual (with it's crappy wire diagrams) calls it a Central Junction Box.

Every source for electrical diagrams I've ever seen calls it a CJB, so I'm not really sure why anyone is confused : Haynes, Chilton, Factory Ford Wiring Manual, Autozone online wire diagrams, etc...
1970 F-100
Pic: My '99 & my dad's F-350 Crew