Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Carb tuning?

Anyone in the Auburn Algona area that is really good at making a 400M with a stock 2bbl carb tick? I don't know much about this motor and i was never very good at tuning my carburetors yet. It would be awesome if someone was really experienced at it and could get this pig to show it's true colors.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Elder User

79F150400M is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Anyone in the Auburn Algona area that is really good at making a 400M with a stock 2bbl carb tick? I don't know much about this motor and i was never very good at tuning my carburetors yet. It would be awesome if someone was really experienced at it and could get this pig to show it's true colors.
Did you ever get anyone to help you with your 2BBL carb? From what I remember....you won't get a whole lot of "color" out of that 2BBL. It will always be a pig. I think the best you can do is adjust the mixture, set the timing and plan for an Edelbrock intake. I realize $$$ may be an issue....I have seen some on CL for less than a Benjamin.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Nah never got it tuned... I have someone willing to sell me an edlebrock performer 400 intake for 100 dollars plus shipping which is around 40 somthin dollars.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Elder User

Don S. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Nah never got it tuned... I have someone willing to sell me an edlebrock performer 400 intake for 100 dollars plus shipping which is around 40 somthin dollars.

The 400 really is more a torque motor, than a HP monster. Not that you can't make it a HP monster, it just takes more $$$ and ingenuity.

Not sure if your looking for free know how to come and help you, or just looking for references to a good shop. I am willing to bet that Carb. Connection @ 13611 NE 126th Pl. Suite 240 Kirkland WA 98034 Could help, I have Dyno'd (Dyno Day) my VW there and those guys seem pretty knowlegable. But it isn't free usually.

It would be cool if we could get a Dyno day for old Ford trucks or just old cars/trucks to do a dyno day.

"Brutus" 1978 F-150 SC 4x4 BB460

" There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
" -Dave Barry, Nationally Syndicated Columnist
Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Yeah it would be cool. Thanks for the info, i got the new 4bbl and intake on and had my brother tune it who has a pretty good knowledge on how to do this stuff. Besides a few throttle issues i am working out with my air cleaner clearance (the bottom comes down on the throttle linkages) But other than that it is running better than it ever has. It does kinda suck on cold days but what carb doesn't? Considering the gears i have in my rear end I won't be able to get a whole hell of a lot of torque. I think the PO put 35 inch tires on then changed the gears to be able to drive on the highway better. Though if i put it into 2lo it can be pretty torquey.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter

Tags
400m, carb, tunning