Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Senior User

LabCab is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
F250 CC SB fuel tank size... 26 gallons, really????

Any one else on here concerned with having a 26 gallon fuel tank on the SB CC? I will be towing a 10K trailer and am struggling with only having a 26 gallon fuel tank from the factory. What were the Engineers that designed this thinking???? Have they never towed with one of these rigs? I am just out of an Excursion with a 44 gallon tank, so I have been spoiled!

How do people deal with this, I am considering the LB just to get the extra fuel capacity....
End of rant, but would like input.
Thanks.
Pat
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 AM
New User

Fin Addict is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm going to install Titan tanks 50 on mine....was considering the transferflow 50 but it is metal ....Titan tanks uses OEM type material hdxpe...what were the engineers thinking"?

Is sloshing fuel a issue for the titan oem replacement tank?

However I do not believe the miles to empty display will be correct...at least until a software patch is available. Was going to call dealership to install if they can adjust software. Otherwise I'll study Epic's awesome video and save a few $$$.

Last edited by Fin Addict; 03-12-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: MTE Calc
Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Senior User

huntindog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Agree that the tank is too small. GM had the same problem in SBs, but fixed it in 2011. The fact that aftermarket tanks can be had shows that it IS possible.

One thing to consider though....Aftermarket tanks are listed by Ford's diagnosis process as a "red flag" in a HPFP failure....
Old 03-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Elder User

Dim Sum has a very good reputation on FTE.Dim Sum has a very good reputation on FTE.Dim Sum has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
One thing to consider though....Aftermarket tanks are listed by Ford's diagnosis process as a "red flag" in a HPFP failure....
That's why I don't have one.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
After 280 miles I'm ready to stretch and pee anyway. Does not bother me.
2 Kicker 10" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Senior User

03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.
If you don't mind loosing the bed space, you can always put an auxiliary tank in. They make versions that are combined toolboxes and transfer tanks. A great idea if you were planning on putting a toolbox in the bed anyway. For anyone that drives where gas station are few and far between, an auxiliary tank borders on necessity.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Postmaster

kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
May want to consider the long bed so you get a larger factory tank.
My truck runs out of fuel before I am ready to stop.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Postmaster

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Addict View Post
I'm going to install Titan tanks 50 on mine....was considering the transferflow 50 but it is metal ....Titan tanks uses OEM type material hdxpe...what were the engineers thinking"?

Is sloshing fuel a issue for the titan oem replacement tank?

However I do not believe the miles to empty display will be correct...at least until a software patch is available. Was going to call dealership to install if they can adjust software. Otherwise I'll study Epic's awesome video and save a few $$$.
As one of the first adopter's of the 50 gallon Titan fuel tank, I can say that it is the best addition I have made to the truck. 800 miles or so of empty range and 500 miles or so towing sure makes choosing who I buy fuel from much easier.

I was also one of the lucky recipients of the HPFP failures. I can say first hand and with 100% certainty that of all the lame excuses and red herrings Ford threw out to obscure the real problem with the HPFP, the Titan tank was never mentioned. Rogue dealer number one knew it was there, as did Shepherds, who actually fixed the truck. The Ford FSE that eventually showed up also noted it's presence. Not one word was said about the Titan tank being a possible cause...it could be that the complete lack of any water in the fuel system was a contributor to such incredible insight...

The MTE reading is easily updated to match the 50 gallon capacity Titan tank. Any Ford dealer can use IDS to change the tank capacity in the trucks computer to 50 gallons. The MTE then reads correctly. My dealer did mine for free during an oil change visit. I have heard that some dealers charge upwards of $50.

The only problems I have seen to date regarding the Titan tanks have been caused by sloppy installation procedures. If the tank is installed according to Titan's excellent instructions, you will not have any issues. My tank took about 2 hours to install.

Regards
Old 03-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Junior User

MKRemi is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is a concern of mine too (my newly arrived truck is sitting on the dealer's lot until the spouse and I can get the ridiculous chunk of time needed to do the paperwork...maybe two little kids with nasty coughs will speed things up?).

The Titan tank sounds like a good option. Is it compatible with skid plates and whatnots on the FX4? For camper guys, any interference with Torklift tiedowns?

Heh heh. I don't know what I'm doing, but I can't rely on pee breaks to buy fuel since avoiding truck stop pee breaks is my excuse for getting a camper.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Elder User

FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRemi View Post
This is a concern of mine too (my newly arrived truck is sitting on the dealer's lot until the spouse and I can get the ridiculous chunk of time needed to do the paperwork...maybe two little kids with nasty coughs will speed things up?).

The Titan tank sounds like a good option. Is it compatible with skid plates and whatnots on the FX4? For camper guys, any interference with Torklift tiedowns?

Heh heh. I don't know what I'm doing, but I can't rely on pee breaks to buy fuel since avoiding truck stop pee breaks is my excuse for getting a camper.
You can buy a shield for it for offroading if that is what you meant. If not someone else who has one on an FX4 will have to chime in.

Ford Large Capacity Diesel Fuel Tanks for Pickup Trucks ~ TITAN Diesel Fuel Tanks: The Leader in Aftermarket Fuel Tanks
2007 Crestliner TS192WT Aluminum Deep V
Old 03-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Senior User

Adobe 11SD is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
After 280 miles I'm ready to stretch and pee anyway. Does not bother me.
Me too. After 280 miles I need spank the kids, clean the bald eagles out of my grill, make my wife run into the store to get me another 12 pack of beer and replace my HPFP.

Seriously, after 4 hours I am actually ready for a break too. Less time if my wife sees a shopping mall.

2011 6.7L XLT CC FX4, 3.55 ELD, 275/65/20. Mods - Infinity 6829 & 6832 speakers, door seal mod, Husky Liners, back up lights, Tonneau Pro Tri-fold cover, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer,GT Endura seat covers, EZ Down, AMP Power Steps, LED bed lighting and JVC KW-NT810HDT Navigation.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Junior User

MKRemi is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was just wondering if I'd need to remove skidplates to install it. I don't think my driving would endanger the tank, or at least I like to think not.

Probably not a big deal either way, now that I think about it, though for the price I guess the tank shield wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Posting Guru

Tuxedo Scorpion is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
One of the main reasons i like the 8' box is the larger factory tank. In addition to a longer wheelbase which translates into added stability for towing. Oh and I have a WeatherGuard chest in the bed which takes up 18". So with the box in the back I still have a 6.5 box, better towing, more fuel. Oh and looks waaaay better
Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Senior User

LabCab is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well, here is what I think I will be picking up on Saturday:
2012 F250, CC, SB, 4x4, 6.7, Lariat, Golden Bronze Clearcoat, Adobe interior, LT 275/70R18E BSW All Terrain, 3.55 ELD, FX4, Chrome Tubular Cab Steps, Engine Block Heater, Camper Package, Upfitter Switches, Extra Heavy Duty Alternator and Leather 40/Console/40 seat.

Should be a nice rig for towing our 30' trailer with a 10K max rating.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Posting Guru

Tuxedo Scorpion is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
not bad...except for the gimp, i mean short..bed and weak.. i mean single alternator
Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1999, 2008, 2012, 73, add, f150, f250, ford, fuel, gas, size, stock, supercrew, tank, tanks