6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Old 02-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Piolet
'08 upgrade mirrors are on their way from SDS.

Pioneer stereo on its way from Amazon.

Next will be the F650 dash with switches for my FD lights and some other things.

The stereo by the way has 2 camera inputs. I was thinking one in the area of the rear license plate (which is where 99% of them seem to go) but maybe the 2nd could go up at the third brake light? That way I could keep an eye on the bed? Anyone used the 2nd camera input and come up with anything creative?
If you have a 08+ tailgate on the rear there are options to mount a camera in the handle or even the emblem.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:11 PM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nothing today. Wife's birthday weekend. It's all her's

2006 F350 4X4

Old 02-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
mines got an appointment on tuesday with the trucks version of a proctologist.. only theyre checking the front one out not the rear...

fricken auto correct... i swear it doesnt know a lot of words...

Old 02-28-2015, 06:15 PM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hahahaha

2006 F350 4X4

Old 02-28-2015, 06:26 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
you know you drive a 6.0 when your uncle drops you off at your truck (also a 6.0 owner) and waits to make sure your truck starts before he leaves, lol

Old 02-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
you know you drive a 6.0 when your uncle drops you off at your truck (also a 6.0 owner) and waits to make sure your truck starts before he leaves, lol
LOL and did it??

Old 02-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
Originally Posted by Sparky83
LOL and did it??
Miles did your truck see you driving some other truck?
I think it mad at you. You need to get it an apology tail pipe
or some nice truck yummy fuel additives.

Now speaking of fuel I fed mint today after it gave me the less than
50 to empty. Nice full truck tummy and it's happy. Top that off with
I am not broke after filling it. The law makers are talking more gas tax
here in Washington. I call BULL****.

Sean

Old 02-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
The idiots in Trenton want to do it too....I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE !!!!!

Old 02-28-2015, 07:52 PM
kbf1961
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Per4mance
You'll be sorry takin that shroud off........... I see overheated alt in your future
You cant be serious! The front shroud, the piece that attaches to the radiator? Ya know , back in the day I built quite a few small block Chevys and always took the shroud off. Never had a problem. I know these powerstrokes are a completely different deal, but I really find it difficult to believe that these shrouds have any affect on cooling and that there not just a safety issue.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:53 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did a 1400 mile turbo walk the last two days with a car trailer loaded with Hay, 1 engine and a compact tractor, the temps stayed at 3 deg's apart the whole time except lower grants pass that hit 7 deg but I was also running 65/70 mph , A big Thank you too Sean aka ( Yahiko) for guiding me thru Portland I thought LA was bad , sorry Sean we didn't meet up this trip but we have Family up there too so It wont be the last trip give me a Buzz when you head down this way . As Far as the Fuel Fred Myers and Safeway was the Best price for Diesel , I was stuck with Pilot on the 5 fwy at there price witch was around 299.something

Old 02-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
It's your truck your money......you can lead a horse to water,but you can't make it drink

Old 02-28-2015, 08:18 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
So, this diesel runs 320 HP and 575 Torque. It has a massive radiator, transmission cooler, air to air charge cooler. Now why would that be? When you are towing and pulling max weight, boost is up, pouring the coals to her, the shroud is what is making sure air is being pulled across all these coolers.

On cats in the winter, we used to reverse fan to blow the hot air over the driver to keep me warm, in summer, blow out the front, to keep the engine cool, not overheat the driver.

On the combines, gas and diesel, we flushed out the coolers and the rad EVERY night. Hot summer, without maximum cooling, overheated, and fires with all the dust is not hard to happen. I have put out several combine fires, as a driver of the combine, as the truck driver hauling grain to the mill, several times, hey bud, your *** is on fire, drive to the hose by the house NOW.

These rigs are made to work, the cooling system is important.

Still not allowed to talk about the screaming jimmy I set on fire, oh what was that about, rad was packed with dust, overheated, new motor required. And a bigger rad WITH the shroud that was taken off years before. Fans don't work well without their shroud, it directs the air over the entire rad.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
Completely removed everything from a donor cab we accumulated. I'm talking EVERYTHING!!! If it had a push pin, screw, bolt , or a nut,, it's gone. First time I've ever completely dissected one. I'm making the xl loaner truck a mix between Harley and lariat. Got a Harley cluster, PCM, bezel, n steering column. And using the lariat seats and body wiring. Hopefully I can get the PATS working. I've never added pats to a non pats truck. Sounds rediculous huh???

Oh and I also finally used the cracked head repair kit today. Letting it sit until Monday to fully cure before I check the results.

I have one more showing after the injection,, just haven't uploaded it yet.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:08 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Super Duty Service
Completely removed everything from a donor cab we accumulated. I'm talking EVERYTHING!!! If it had a push pin, screw, bolt , or a nut,, it's gone. First time I've ever completely dissected one. I'm making the xl loaner truck a mix between Harley and lariat. Got a Harley cluster, PCM, bezel, n steering column. And using the lariat seats and body wiring. Hopefully I can get the PATS working. I've never added pats to a non pats truck. Sounds rediculous huh???

Oh and I also finally used the cracked head repair kit today. Letting it sit until Monday to fully cure before I check the results.

Cracked head confirmation - YouTube

I have one more showing after the injection,, just haven't uploaded it yet.
Anthony, Let me know how the PATS add on goes.

Sean

EDIT : Well Rats. I got my candy bar out and was sitting down to watch a video on this neat new tool and it ended. When is part #2?
Cliffhanger just like the Lone Ranger.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
Will do Sean. I'm about to do a lil shop update video,, My shop is DESTROYED right now. Got more going on than I can imagine. I'd like to hire someone,, but I really don't want to be a babysitter. I have trust issues. I've had people in the shop before and I find that I spend more time making sure they are doing things HOW I WANT!!! Sometimes it's faster just to do it myself. Anyone of us wanna make some $$$$$???? Maybe I can sweeten the deal n hire Mike???!!!!!??? THAT'D B SWEET!!!!!! I'm about to call him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?