6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:32 PM
jimmeste
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installed a MBRP 4" Turbo back exhaust this week. Uses the stock kitty, which had the guts removed some time back. Sounds pretty good.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
has crossed my mind... but my tank is full... and that could be a pain to drop...
If your bed bolts are in good shape. Then just lift the driverside
up and access from the top.

Sean

Old 09-12-2014, 12:49 AM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
im getting annoyed with my truck... thought the fuel pump was the problem... (prolly was part of it)... but when i got it in at work to come home.. again im only getting 35psi again... did the blue spring 2 yrs ago when i got the truck... the fuel pump was last night... banjos were done... any of yall got an idea?? only thing i can think of is that the blue spring has gone bad... heard there have been a few... but not many... used all the parts in the kit before...
I would pull the cover and inspect the spring and pressure relief valve. Maybe there is dirt in there holding it open enough to bleed off the 20 psi you're missing.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:43 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought mine today..

Though it has 240K on the clock. It is perfect for me. Inexpensive and will tow my fifth wheel just fine. I expect only to drive it about 2-3K miles per year like my present V10 motor home. Love the torque.

Been away from FTE for a bit... However, rebuilt a e150 conversion van recently. Also, had the pleasure to rebuild a 1986 Bronco too.

Now it is time to upgrade the new F250 for me....

Old 09-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Guy comes to test drive my truck a couple days ago. Come back after the test drive and is all worried about the 1/2" of play in the steering wheel. Claims it scares the crap out of him, asks if I am scared driving the truck. Then points to his truck out on the road and exclaims that his trucks steering isn't like that. I point out that his truck is a 2009 F150. I then asked if he has ever driven a superduty, "no". Have you ever driven a diesel truck, "no". I explained all the ball joints and tie rod ends are tight and good and the little bit of play is in the steering box which is common and always has been for ford. I told him that rebuilt boxes are anywhere between $200-300 and the "problem" would be fixed.

He still had the look of freight on his face and mentioned he had some others he was going to go test drive. I just said good luck, hope you find something you like.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:41 AM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Guy comes to test drive my truck a couple days ago. Come back after the test drive and is all worried about the 1/2" of play in the steering wheel. Claims it scares the crap out of him, asks if I am scared driving the truck. Then points to his truck out on the road and exclaims that his trucks steering isn't like that. I point out that his truck is a 2009 F150. I then asked if he has ever driven a superduty, "no". Have you ever driven a diesel truck, "no". I explained all the ball joints and tie rod ends are tight and good and the little bit of play is in the steering box which is common and always has been for ford. I told him that rebuilt boxes are anywhere between $200-300 and the "problem" would be fixed.

He still had the look of freight on his face and mentioned he had some others he was going to go test drive. I just said good luck, hope you find something you like.
What a joke. Welcome to the world of the heavy duty trucks!

Sent from Nexus 4. IB AutoGroup

Old 09-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
will check out the spring tomorrow... supposed to pour tonight... plan to buy a new blue spring kit on the way home.. have read a few reports where the blue one snapped causing issues...

Old 09-12-2014, 11:37 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just keep chitty for your winter beater.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Just keep chitty for your winter beater.
Yeah!

What did Chitty do to you?

Old 09-12-2014, 12:59 PM
klbrown
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same experience when I first got my SD. It took a while to get used to but I don't even notice it now.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

1/2" of play. I call nit-picker on him. His little 150 most likely has that or more and he just can't feel it.

Sean

Old 09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Keep Chitty, and sell that slow 7.3. Chitty kicks ***, plus I named him, and have grown fond of that name!

Old 09-12-2014, 06:18 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What they said, keep it!

Last night i finally installed the little "snubber" thing for my isspro fuel pressure gauge..ive only had it in my room for a year. Finally no more bouncing fuel pressure reading at idle!

Tomorrow i think ill change the oil, somehow im already at 5000 miles again...which means i need to change the fuel filters as well

Old 09-12-2014, 07:21 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
somehow im already at 5000 miles again on its own power which means I have an awesome bad azz truck again!
I fixed it for ya!

Old 09-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Ford_Fan1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My intake manifold showed up yesterday so now I can begin the porting process

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?