6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 01:00 PM
silverbullet6oh
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought my T6 oil today and fuel filters for my next interval. Only another 2,000 miles until the next change.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:26 PM
jimbo1969
Senior User
2004 f250 6.0 power stroke Installed XDP coolant filtration kit and blue spring kit today and then I washed her up then drove her around town nothing like having a day off to do what you love

Old 06-30-2016, 06:53 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Drove from one campground to another. Tough day.
I did give her a bath before the trip.

Gettysburg campground

Old 06-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Ya that really sucks Sean. We are off for three days at our local spot next week. Looks like a really nice spot.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:32 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Is the battery impact wrench you are using a quarter inch drive or half inch? I'm curious about the torque rating.
The reason I was wondering was because I had to buy one last week to switch my alternator pulley. I went into Lowe's hoping to pick up a 1/2" cordless 20v impact wrench that would be compatible with my current set. They didn't have anything 20v in stock so I bought a corded impact wrench with 650 lb/ft. This took care of the task at hand, but the whole time I was thinking about the cordless one. I started researching what was available in Kobalt because I have been very happy with their tools, customer service and 5 year warranty.
This is how Iearned my less than 3 year old kit was obsolete. Meaning I couldn't locate extra batteries or other tools that were compatible with my charger and batteries. So much for my 5 year warranty! I did return the 120v corded impact wrench and bought a 24v version plus an extra battery.
Still irritated that my current set was obsolete, I complained at my local store. One of the workers told me everything was sold and that I just missed out on a deal they had that gave 25% off if you traded in another similar tool, running or not. So now I'm miffed. Not only are my tools obsolete, but I missed a huge sale!
Since I travel for work, I stopped at another store and noticed they had much better stock on the new models, but none of the obsolete models. One of the workers asked if he could help and I explained my situation. He was surprised my tools were no longer supported, but suggested that I should talk to the store about getting a credit for my tools towards the new set. I figured he meant the 25% off sale, but he said, "No, Lowe's is very good about taking care of it's customers, they'll trade you straight up."
With skepticism, I called Lowe's customer service line and the rep told me the store had to call within 24 hours. If they didn't, I was instructed to call back. I was also given Kobalt Tool's customer service number and told to see what they could do. Well the Kobalt call stunk. They basically said sorry, but we can't help you.
I didn't receive the phone call from the local store so I called customer service who immediately connected me with a manager. We talked briefly about what my concerns were and then she told me to come into the store and they would give me full credit for my obsolete set towards the new models! It cost me $50 to upgrade!
Needless to say...I love Lowe's!

Originally Posted by WatsonR
My 1/4" is rated at 35lbs and believe most are right around that range. 3/8 or 1/2 obviously higher.
My new 1/4" impact driver is rated at 150 ft/lb! Or 1800 in/lb!

Old 06-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Kobalt are great tools. They are made at the same platform as Snap On Tools. The plus side is you can run right to the store instead of weighting on the the truck. I give them thee thumbs up.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:51 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Per4mance
Kobalt are great tools. They are made at the same platform as Snap On Tools. The plus side is you can run right to the store instead of weighting on the the truck. I give them thee thumbs up.
Yeah, I'm blown away. I kind of feel guilty. Like I don't deserve it. I'm very happy.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Macrosill
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hobbled past her as I got dropped off from the hospital today. No driving for 3 weeks.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:42 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
I've had oil spray over my engine bay for a long time - as long as I can remember. Had gotten worse lately so I tracked it down. Looks like the black plastic CAC pipe is cracked.

I am going to order a metal replacement - my question is is if this could cause my relatively crappy mpgs that I've seen for so long - generally between 11-13 consistently. Turbo also likes to bark a lot.

Thanks,

Nate

Old 06-30-2016, 10:15 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Macrosill
I hobbled past her as I got dropped off from the hospital today. No driving for 3 weeks.
Well here's for a speedy recovery, hope all is well

Old 06-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Macrosill
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 04badford
Well here's for a speedy recovery, hope all is well
Thanks. Second microdiscectomy on the same disc in 2 weeks.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:57 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
I stopped buying cordless tools just because the batteries went bad (Makita, Dewalt, you name it), when I bought the HD Ridgid stuff with all inclusive lifetime warranty... Oh that was 13 years ago, btw... and ALL their 18V stuff in the past 13 years is COMPATIBLE!!!

Lessee, $100 a battery for Makita, about the same for dewalt, times batteries every 2 years...

I'm not tellin' you guys anything you don't know: the tools last, the batteries are why you change out tools....

I love my ridgid stuff....

Old 06-30-2016, 11:34 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
I stopped buying cordless tools just because the batteries went bad (Makita, Dewalt, you name it), when I bought the HD Ridgid stuff with all inclusive lifetime warranty... Oh that was 13 years ago, btw... and ALL their 18V stuff in the past 13 years is COMPATIBLE!!!

Lessee, $100 a battery for Makita, about the same for dewalt, times batteries every 2 years...

I'm not tellin' you guys anything you don't know: the tools last, the batteries are why you change out tools....

I threatened Kobalt with that during the phone call. He responded that even Rigid stops making models too. Too bad I didn't know that the batteries have been compatible for that long.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:03 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Macrosill
Thanks. Second microdiscectomy on the same disc in 2 weeks.

2nd one in that short of a time.?! Crap!!!

I at least got 18 months out of mine. We are talking about
what the next step is going to be for mine.

Take care of your self.

Originally Posted by diesel_dan

Here is the thing all batteries that have lithium metal have a shelf life.
Nicads can hold up longer if cared for the right way. Where the lithium metal batteries
will more or less die on a given date. Has to do with the chemistry. That said
lithium batteries are lighter and pack more punch per pound.

I have a preference for corded because I am no longer using then for a living
and using them day in and day out. Very hard to justify a $80.00 battery.
I saved my 18V Ridgid batteries to have them rebuilt with new Nicad cells.

EDIT : I forgot t osay what I did with my truck today. Moved it around the
driveway after getting home as a portable sun shade. Noting like a sun burn
on the neck and top of the head. OUCH!

Sean <BR>

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 07-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Euroman
Senior User
Received 292 Likes on 105 Posts
Sean, what's this sun thing? In Germany we've had the wettest June ever, in Belgium it was just beaten out by one year in the 1930s

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?