6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:29 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Piolet
Yeah. That's in there too. It was on sale at TS. Seems they only want you to do it once every 6 months. Can it damage o-rings and soft parts? I wouldn't have thought it would be damaging metal. I'm tempted to do another round after this tank of fuel under the 'more is better' rule, but I don't want to screw myself either.
I have a 44 gallon tank on my Excursion, so I just dumped most of it in (3/4 of the bottle) The other 25% that was left I dumped in when I filled up again.

I don't think running it twice will hurt, if anything you're finishing off what's left of the IDIDs.

If you had a long bed and the 37 gallon tank, I'd just dump the whole bottle in and take a road trip.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Piolet
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
I have a 44 gallon tank on my Excursion, so I just dumped most of it in (3/4 of the bottle) The other 25% that was left I dumped in when I filled up again.

I don't think running it twice will hurt, if anything you're finishing off what's left of the IDIDs.

If you had a long bed and the 37 gallon tank, I'd just dump the whole bottle in and take a road trip.
I'm interested to see what it does. Since I filled up I've only driven 65 miles so really it's been sitting in the system since Saturday ... maybe it's doing it's magic right now. Later today and tomorrow will be all highway miles so if it needs a hot system to work properly, then it will have it.

The sale price at TS was $11 so I guess it's worth a shot to see what it does.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Originally Posted by Piolet
I'm interested to see what it does. Since I filled up I've only driven 65 miles so really it's been sitting in the system since Saturday ... maybe it's doing it's magic right now. Later today and tomorrow will be all highway miles so if it needs a hot system to work properly, then it will have it.

The sale price at TS was $11 so I guess it's worth a shot to see what it does.
I was shocked when I saw it that cheap too, it's normally about $15.

Like the Hot Shot Secret Stiction Eliminator, the fuel additive works best on a hot system. It will especially work well if you're running a Mishimoto thermostat.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Piolet
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was shocked when I saw it that cheap too, it's normally about $15.

Like the Hot Shot Secret Stiction Eliminator, the fuel additive works best on a hot system. It will especially work well if you're running a Mishimoto thermostat.
I've got the fuel additive, the HSSE and the Mishi stat. It will get a full hot run with big miles the next few days.

The injectors are all original from 2003 with 334,000 miles. Recent cold weather starts have been brutal, even when plugged in. I'll report back later.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Diegoaverta
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered a Sinister coolant filter and a Blue Spring Mod Kit for Hercules...I also fueled her up threw in som additive and drove her with a smile.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Originally Posted by Diegoaverta
Ordered a Sinister coolant filter and a Blue Spring Mod Kit for Hercules...I also fueled her up threw in som additive and drove her with a smile.
Cancel the order for the Sinister Coolant filter and order yourself the Diesel Site kit:

http://www.dieselsite.com/2003-20076...waterpump.aspx

I bought the same kit for my truck October 2013 and came to regret it a year and a few months later December 2014.

The hoses on the Sinister kit are designed to fail, whereas the Diesel Site kit hoses are not. Diesel site uses barbed fittings instead of compressed fittings like Sinister.

The FTE app is being difficult and won't let me post pictures from the Bat Phone, but if you PM me your number, I'll send them to you for you to see.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:44 AM
Diegoaverta
Junior User
Cancel the order for the Sinister Coolant filter and order yourself the Diesel Site kit:

I bought the same kit for my truck October 2013 and came to regret it a year and a few months later December 2014.

The hoses on the Sinister kit are designed to fail, whereas the Diesel Site kit hoses are not. Diesel site uses barbed fittings instead of compressed fittings like Sinister.

The FTE app is being difficult and won't let me post pictures from the Bat Phone, but if you PM me your number, I'll send them to you for you to see.
I just checked it out, cool thanks brother

Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
Consider trying their fuel additive called Diesel Extreme. You're cleaning the oil side of your injectors, their fuel additive will thoroughly clean the fuel side of the injectors.

I recently ran some and prior to it, I had some hesitation, inconsistent throttle response, as well as the occasional misfire while starting and while cruising. After running a full treatment of Diesel Extreme, my 6.0 is the Monster it was meant to be. The throttle response is more consistent and my mileage is what it should be now (15 mpg before, now 17+ mpg).

You can find it at Tractor Supply or Autozone.

I like it when stuff is available at a local store and I don't have to order it, I am going to give the Diesel Extreme a try. I truly think the Hot Shot Secret has helped, the small amount of stiction I had is gone on cold morning starts.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
I like it when stuff is available at a local store and I don't have to order it, I am going to give the Diesel Extreme a try. I truly think the Hot Shot Secret has helped, the small amount of stiction I had is gone on cold morning starts.
Me too, I was skeptical about it since I thought it was just "another additive" but when I got to half tank and my truck sounded and ran way better, I was convinced.

Acf6 and Boatdreamin are trying it now too and have already noticed a difference.

I'm on my tank after the treatment and so far my truck is still getting 17 mpg! Up from the solid 15 mpg it got before.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:04 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Me too, I was skeptical about it since I thought it was just "another additive" but when I got to half tank and my truck sounded and ran way better, I was convinced.

Acf6 and Boatdreamin are trying it now too and have already noticed a difference.

I'm on my tank after the treatment and so far my truck is still getting 17 mpg! Up from the solid 15 mpg it got before.
Yall are costing me money I'm on a search local for the diesel extreme stuff too--might as well since I'm running the hot shot too.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:05 AM
BoKnowsDiesel
Former Vendor
Check out our where to buy link for a local distributer. Where to Buy | Hot Shot's Secret
If you still are having trouble finding it, let me know, and you could order it through me.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:13 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
tks---if I can't find it I will let you know.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:27 AM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn it, I sure wish they had this Kit when I bought my Sinister
I have NOT had any issues w/my Sinister but I like the idea of "barbed fittings" & that plain Billet housing is sexy

Old 01-22-2015, 11:32 AM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Found this in the CAC Boot coming off the Turbo
Assume I need to drain my Intercooler, how hard is that to do

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by BoKnowsDiesel
Check out our where to buy link for a local distributer. Where to Buy | Hot Shot's Secret
If you still are having trouble finding it, let me know, and you could order it through me.

TSC and ASC both carry it here in their stores.... seen it a couple times in like pepboys and autozone.. but seems like not all of the chains carried it...

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?