Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Thumbs up New Member Announcement - xltblt

Lets have a warm welcome for our newest member and who goes by the name of xltblt.

He has a 1986 F250 and has joined us on FTE 08/19/2010.

WELCOME to the NJ Chapter and post often.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Senior User

xltblt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Names matt christensen, pleasure to meet you all. I'm 18 years old and have been into the IDI's since I was 10 years old when my dad got our familys 90' 7.3 IDI n/a. Sadly rust took her, but I got my own beast to work on now! An 86' 6.9l.

I'm probably the oddest type of red-neck there is, I love computers, and I love working with my hands, may it be diesel engines, or carpentry. I am thinking about majoring in a career in diesel mechanics for international type motors...stuff.

I hate most people my age because of the maturity gap, and the terrible ideals and music(damn liberals and good god the music these days). I'm the type of person that wont give up even when hopes gone, like when I tried to save the family's old 7.3l.

I am a die hard ford fan, will not drive anything but american made vehicles. And will probably run a IDI till theres no more oil to burn in the world

I am a computer programmer and a novice diesel mechanic...very novice I enjoy muddin and rock crawling and tinkering.

So thats a little bit about me, hope you guys get to know me better over the years! Lord knows I'm not leaving!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Matt, welcome to the NJ chat thread, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do, you'll need a sense of humor to hang around us, have fun, Gigger
Gerry- re-ordered 2015 F350 Platinum, 2006 F350 Lariat Superduty FX4 6.0L for sale, white crew cab,.... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang Vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River SandPiper 345RET 39ft Fiver
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Senior User

Thanks guys, by Any chance any one live in sussex county that could come help me round out a price and what it would take to start doing the body work on my 86? pm me if you got time Friday the 9th.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Matt, we have a group of guys that have GTG's in your back yard in Vernon. It's the N.E.S.T. group, they usually post in the 7.3 forums, I have attended all but a couple of the GTG's, being the token gasser...lol
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Senior User

N.E.S.T? And which 7.3 forums
Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xltblt View Post
N.E.S.T? And which 7.3 forums
Sorry, it's North East Seven Three's, here is the link from last weeks GTG in Vernon...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...interfest.html
Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Senior User

Question

Anyone know what I have to do for inspection in new jersey for a 6.9l idi. I heard there exempt from emissions. Beyond that I have no idea. Any info would be great!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Anyone know what I have to do for inspection in new jersey for a 6.9l idi. I heard there exempt from emissions. Beyond that I have no idea. Any info would be great!

NJ only does emission inspection as a whole, but if your registered for 8501 GVW it's self inspection.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Inspe...inspection.pdf
Old 04-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Senior User

Anyone know of a good transmission shop, or a scrap yard/pull-apart around north jersey area? The C6 took a crap on me. So I'm looking at my options.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Anyone know of a good transmission shop, or a scrap yard/pull-apart around north jersey area? The C6 took a crap on me. So I'm looking at my options.
Try PM'ing rat49f6, he is in Vernon and might know some places.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Senior User

Well the old girl is getting scrapped. Getting a mint condition 1980 chevy impala 305.....I've gone to the dark side
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Well the old girl is getting scrapped. Getting a mint condition 1980 chevy impala 305.....I've gone to the dark side
Still give Jim a jingle, he might be able to help you out with the OBS.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddesigns View Post
Still give Jim a jingle, he might be able to help you out with the OBS.
Yea the scrapper is on his way, no going back now, found out it had a crack in the block and the head gaskets where done. Trucks FUBAR. the impala is nice though owned by a 90 year old women just needs valve cover gaskets.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter