Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 PM
New User

Cernicalo1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Current Draw of A/C Cabin Air Blower Motor?

Hello Folks,

Do any of you know what the Current Draw of the A/C Cabin Air Blower Motor is for the 1998 - 2011 Rangers? Any info about this matter will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Infante
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 PM

pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Current draw will depend on the speed chosen, with high speed drawing the most amps.

Details are trifles but trifles make perfection & perfection is no trifle
(Ben Franklin)

Our signature is a sign of a job completed, autograph your work with excellence
Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
New User

Question Current draw question

PawPaw,
Thanks for your input. However, do any of you know the actual current draw amount of our ac cabin air blower motor, let's say at the "high" setting
? Please reply and let me know if possible.
Thanks,
Infante
Old 03-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Posting Guru

Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Without actually measuring with an ammeter you might need to contact a Ford Ranger engineer who was part of the HVAC team back in 98. I will say it is less than 40 amps because that is what size fuse protects the circuit.

1992 Ford Ranger Danger 3.0 5spd 4X2
1993 Plymouth Sundance (Member of the Allpar 200k club)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Posting Guru

michigan66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you would give some more information, especially in terms of the problem you are trying to solve, we could be more help full. Does the blower motor not run at a certain speed setting? If so, the problem is with the resistor block, which is an inexpensive part and is easily replaced.

Previous vehicle: 1991 XLT, 2.3 SOHC (Lima), M5OD, 7.5 axle 3.45 gears. Donated to a charity.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Posting Guru

wtroger is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have looped metered these they draw right at 30 amps on high give or take a couple of amps based on the operating voltage of the of system.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
New User

Smile AC Blower Current draw question

Hello Folks,

Thanks for the input you have given me in the previous replies. I have been able to find out what I needed by using some of the ideas mentioned before. Basically I tested the blower in my truck with a 2 Amp fuse in place of the factory 10 Amp, and it didn't blow, even on high (AC off, so nothing else was drawing from the circuit in question), so I concluded that I draws less than two Amps, which is what I needed.

FIY, I was trying to confirm whether I could run 5 of these blowers with a 92W 12V Solar panel I already own... I am trying to cool down my attic in Miami, FL.

Best Regards, and Thanks to All.
Infante
Old 03-13-2012, 07:54 PM