Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Posting Guru

Fire Rooster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
F150 Eco boost

Anyone added an aftermarket intake or even a K&N filter to their F150 EB? Worth it or any benefit at all?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Posting Guru

Fire Rooster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Please keep me posted as to what you think of the intake. I just got my truck today!!!! And I am seriously debating on an air raid or not. Had one on my powerstroke and loved it
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Post Fiend

96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of
I've ordered an AFE intake and tunes from 5-Star Tuning (site sponsor). Should have it Wednesday/Thursday of this week. I will post my thoughts on it once its installed...

2014 F350/6.7/4x4/CC/SWB/Lariat
Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Post Fiend

96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of
Try the AFE Stage II intake from 5star tuning!!! Just put it on my truck yesterday morning. With the custom tunes (87 performance/tow) loaded, there is a noticeble difference, but what I like the most is the turbo whistle and BOV sound

2014 F350/6.7/4x4/CC/SWB/Lariat
Old 09-10-2013, 07:16 PM
New User

Neolise is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, I just installed the bully dog intake. along with mbrp 3.5 exhaust. tuner next. I am really happy with them thus far.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:43 PM
New User

TAP Auto is starting off with a positive reputation.
The newest aFe intake looks pretty awesome.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:23 PM

Beechkid is a name known to allBeechkid is a name known to allBeechkid is a name known to allBeechkid is a name known to allBeechkid is a name known to allBeechkid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Rooster View Post
Anyone added an aftermarket intake or even a K&N filter to their F150 EB? Worth it or any benefit at all?
A Ford engineer was recently on leno's garage and when specifically asked about aftermarket intakes...the response was very clear...there is no performance gain unless you have made major mods to the engine to change the air flow requirements. Again, validating exactly what Testland Corporations lab results (ISO certified test facility).
Old 12-30-2013, 02:34 AM
Senior User

Frdtrkrul is starting off with a positive reputation.
McSniperliger
People who have turbo diesels have said countless times that any oiled filter just spells trouble on a turbo.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:18 PM
New User

weber6point2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
A Ford engineer was recently on leno's garage and when specifically asked about aftermarket intakes...the response was very clear...there is no performance gain unless you have made major mods to the engine to change the air flow requirements. Again, validating exactly what Testland Corporations lab results (ISO certified test facility).
saying the correct aftermarket intake does not increase HP or TQ on a forced induction engine is wrong in every way. With no other modifications to the engine or PCM.

you one of those guys that swears off exhaust scavenging too I bet? Yes in the wrong application (low displacement low compression motors) a HUGE exhaust and HUGE intake filter will create negative gains and decrease longevity of your engine. In my experience ,any forced induction motor will make significant gains with a properly engineered intake and/or exhaust system used in sync.

AFEs CAI system with headers and full exhaust, plus a proper tune we're looking at near 500RWHP from these 3.5l TT engines
Old 01-22-2014, 10:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air

Tags
air, ecoboost, ecobost, f150, filter, ford, forum, kn, raid, ram, trucks, worth