1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

May have just crossed the Line!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
May have just crossed the Line!

So my wife has been wanting to repaint and decorate the living room for a while now. she wanted to get rid of the couches for something different.

Well we sold the Couches a few weeks ago and she has been too busy to even get started on the re-decoration so when my paint guy called and said your hood, fenders etc are done, come get them I had nowhere else to put them! Good thing we sold the couches so I have room for the parts..

Wife wont be home for a few more hours, I'm starting to think maybe I should have kept the couch to sleep on...

I did give her a bunch of cash from my truck fund, parts selling I sold recently to put towards her new couches so I hope that helps???

Guess I better get busy bolting this beast back together!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
r_reed
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
the only question i have is do you have a set of doors wide enough to get the truck inside for reassembly? you can tell your wife that it can be some "together" time.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least you'll be close to it out in the garage

Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
rzns60
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see the issue really. The truck needs some indoor time too. Great looking paint.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
The color and shape of that hood propped up there will make a very nice headstone. It's been nice knowing you dude!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
At least you'll be close to it out in the garage
Yuk, yuk, yuk....

Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Nighthawk756
Senior User
I would say give us an update when she gets home but I'm betting we don't hear from you for a while!

On a side note....the paint looks fantastic man! Congrats!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,840 Likes on 1,839 Posts
OK, so I've looked at the pictures several times now and frankly I don't see any issue at all. What are people going on about?
Looks perfectly legit to me.

Bobby

Old 03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
BadAss Beaver
Senior User
Just turn the hood around, throw a couple of cushions up against it and tell her it's a new chair. You could also put aome padding and a blanket inside of the fender...where you'll be sleeping for a while. Great looking paint!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Put the bed on jack stands so you can store it underneeth. Hopefully you have a king size bed. Nice paint!

Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Bridgeford
Mountain Pass
I just showed my wife the pictures of your truck parts in the house. She said you are a "dead man". But she said if you meet your wife at the door and say you are taking her out for supper, you might have a chance at survival! Nice looking parts though. I see nothing wrong with where you have them.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
I showed my wife your pictures too, and she said "I wonder which furniture store he's standing in right now saying yes dear that looks very nice". Man I have to hand it to ya, you must have a set that clank and spark when you walk to put those parts there AND drag that COE home the same day.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Put the bed on jack stands so you can store it underneeth. Hopefully you have a king size bed. Nice paint!
Seriously laughed out loud. Thats a great Idea.

Originally Posted by Bridgeford
I just showed my wife the pictures of your truck parts in the house. She said you are a "dead man". But she said if you meet your wife at the door and say you are taking her out for supper, you might have a chance at survival! Nice looking parts though. I see nothing wrong with where you have them.
Ya I might have to do that.

Originally Posted by Doc
I showed my wife your pictures too, and she said "I wonder which furniture store he's standing in right now saying yes dear that looks very nice". Man I have to hand it to ya, you must have a set that clank and spark when you walk to put those parts there AND drag that COE home the same day.
Your right, Or Maybe I don't have em anymore. We've been married going on 14 years, so nothing suprises her anymore. I actually picked up the COE last week but hadn't had time to download any pictures till today. the COE is at a friends place across town so she has only seen pictures of it.

The last parts truck I had (50 F-2) that had been cut in half was parted out and all the $ from that went to her "new couches fund" bills are tight so I use my project and parts fund to move my projects forward and to keep myself out of the doghouse once in a while.

I picked up these freshly painted parts on my lunch and just now got home again and the house kinda smells like paint now (windows open). I'm probably going to get it tonight...
I'll just have to remind her that it's her truck, I would have my 51 F-1 going together right now if not for her talking me into restoring this F6.

was nice knowing yall. first come first serve on my stash of parts. don't forget to look in the attic, garden shed, behind the garden shed, family room, under the bed, and in the basement wood shop for hidden truck parts.

oh ya and accross town.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:36 PM
VA Farms
Freshman User
Nice paint!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
What's the problem? The parts sure don't look dirty!

(I have one pile of Effie parts in one corner of my living room and another pile of Jeep parts in another corner. I think I could lose my Girl Card for that... )

Quick Reply: May have just crossed the Line!