Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Road side help on 75 north?

Old 03-04-2012, 03:07 PM
dzldenny
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Road side help on 75 north?

Hi all.
My nephew and some buds are on their way back to WI from south Georgia and crapped out a bearing on the front of his 150. He said he's on 75 north and he thought the last town was Cordell? Is there anyone in that area who can give him a hand? The axle shaft on the Drivers side is walking out. I think the needle bearing in the hub is shot. Dunno, I ain't there. I told him to put it in 4x4 so the shaft turns with the hub for now. He is looking for someone who can just help him pull the shaft out so he can drive it home and fix it here. He needs to be to work tomorrow. Thanks folks. Shoot me a pm and we can exchange numbers to get in touch. The help will be appreciated.

Denny

Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dzldenny
Hi all.
My nephew and some buds are on their way back to WI from south Georgia and crapped out a bearing on the front of his 150. He said he's on 75 north and he thought the last town was Cordell? Is there anyone in that area who can give him a hand? The axle shaft on the Drivers side is walking out. I think the needle bearing in the hub is shot. Dunno, I ain't there. I told him to put it in 4x4 so the shaft turns with the hub for now. He is looking for someone who can just help him pull the shaft out so he can drive it home and fix it here. He needs to be to work tomorrow. Thanks folks. Shoot me a pm and we can exchange numbers to get in touch. The help will be appreciated.

Denny
I hope everything turned out alright. I'm up north of Atlanta, just not close enough.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
That's my neck of the woods but I am in the army and deployed overseas. Hope someone helped out.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 PM
dzldenny
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Made it home. Thank you.

Thanks for those who logged in and the well wishes. The boys got back home this morning with no other trouble. All he did was push the axle shaft back into the diff, lock it in 4x so it turned with the hub instead of grinding in it and he made it back fine.

They had a rough weekend tho and the axle wasn't the worst. They borrowed a 20 ft trailer to bring some equipment down for the bee business they have. They keep the bees down south through winter so they don't suffer winter kill. The toung on the trailer bent up so far that the front of the trailer would drag on Sat morn. Too much toung weight? Dunno. I wasn't involved. He called me when this happened and I told him to find a weld shop and have a new hitch made up. When he called me on Sun about the truck, he was having a reaction to one of the stings he had. His face swelled up so much that he couldn't see to drive or fix his truck. I told him for what this trip cost them, he could replace a lot of bees.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Man,
That sounds like a few road trips I have made in the past. Glad he made it home safe. I guess he will be rethinking about a southern vacation next year.