Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Senior User

dzldenny has a good reputation on FTE.dzldenny has a good reputation on FTE.dzldenny has a good reputation on FTE.
Exclamation Road side help on 75 north?

Hi all.
My nephew and some buds are on their way back to WI from south Georgia and crapped out a bearing on the front of his 150. He said he's on 75 north and he thought the last town was Cordell? Is there anyone in that area who can give him a hand? The axle shaft on the Drivers side is walking out. I think the needle bearing in the hub is shot. Dunno, I ain't there. I told him to put it in 4x4 so the shaft turns with the hub for now. He is looking for someone who can just help him pull the shaft out so he can drive it home and fix it here. He needs to be to work tomorrow. Thanks folks. Shoot me a pm and we can exchange numbers to get in touch. The help will be appreciated.

Denny

Insanity is hereditary...You get it from your kids!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Postmaster

Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
theGrubbworms JoEllen Grubbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzldenny View Post
Hi all.
My nephew and some buds are on their way back to WI from south Georgia and crapped out a bearing on the front of his 150. He said he's on 75 north and he thought the last town was Cordell? Is there anyone in that area who can give him a hand? The axle shaft on the Drivers side is walking out. I think the needle bearing in the hub is shot. Dunno, I ain't there. I told him to put it in 4x4 so the shaft turns with the hub for now. He is looking for someone who can just help him pull the shaft out so he can drive it home and fix it here. He needs to be to work tomorrow. Thanks folks. Shoot me a pm and we can exchange numbers to get in touch. The help will be appreciated.

Denny
I hope everything turned out alright. I'm up north of Atlanta, just not close enough.
Troubleshooting help, for anyone that needs it.
Reward good advice with a note by clicking the left red "Add to Reputation"
button right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
That's my neck of the woods but I am in the army and deployed overseas. Hope someone helped out.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Senior User

dzldenny has a good reputation on FTE.dzldenny has a good reputation on FTE.dzldenny has a good reputation on FTE.
Made it home. Thank you.

Thanks for those who logged in and the well wishes. The boys got back home this morning with no other trouble. All he did was push the axle shaft back into the diff, lock it in 4x so it turned with the hub instead of grinding in it and he made it back fine.

They had a rough weekend tho and the axle wasn't the worst. They borrowed a 20 ft trailer to bring some equipment down for the bee business they have. They keep the bees down south through winter so they don't suffer winter kill. The toung on the trailer bent up so far that the front of the trailer would drag on Sat morn. Too much toung weight? Dunno. I wasn't involved. He called me when this happened and I told him to find a weld shop and have a new hitch made up. When he called me on Sun about the truck, he was having a reaction to one of the stings he had. His face swelled up so much that he couldn't see to drive or fix his truck. I told him for what this trip cost them, he could replace a lot of bees.

Insanity is hereditary...You get it from your kids!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
Man,
That sounds like a few road trips I have made in the past. Glad he made it home safe. I guess he will be rethinking about a southern vacation next year.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 PM