1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

SRP1

Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
So stuck on the side of the road with debris from a Modded 17, but yet continue to drive with it in??? Hmmmm

Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 PM
jkidd_39
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sledhead999
I like how they show you what the SRP1.1 has modified. The T500 is pretty vague description wise, but $450 vs $900, makes ya wonder whats modified inside a T500 for half the cost.....or maybe they are close to the same inside with more price markup on the SRP...dunno.

What was the cost for the modded 17* pump in the pics above?
They were $130 iirc. He no longer builds them fyi

Old 04-06-2012, 04:10 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
This seems to be kinda' an "apples and oranges" comparison.

You seem to compare an all-new unit to one that has been "warmed over slightly", which is all Terminator claims it to be.

What would be a more fair comparison of products?

Certainly not this one!

Pop
Well then let Joey show us what he does to his T500 or T1000... Not going to happen, because its more then likely a few more shims, a few self tapper screws and some bondo...

Originally Posted by beanhead6D5
Didn't mean for it to seem that way! That is apples to oranges.

I meant the difference in the quality of work they do.Stealth has shown what they do.Just like to see what TE can do.

A good comparison would be the T-500 and SRP1.1.

It sounds like the T-1000 would be better compared to the Stealth stage 2.
IMHO the T1000 will be the same or similar to the SRP1.1... The T500 would be on par with the AD from Bob.

Originally Posted by sledhead999
I like how they show you what the SRP1.1 has modified. The T500 is pretty vague description wise, but $450 vs $900, makes ya wonder whats modified inside a T500 for half the cost.....or maybe they are close to the same inside with more price markup on the SRP...dunno.

What was the cost for the modded 17* pump in the pics above?
SRP1.1 is not a lot of mark up for the amount of machining and new parts inside it!

Originally Posted by PwerStroke99
So stuck on the side of the road with debris from a Modded 17, but yet continue to drive with it in??? Hmmmm
Well, unlike some I know how to bandaid my truck to keep me going down the road... Clean the IPR and go again... or swap it with my cleaned one in the tool box.

When I have the cash the SRP1.1 will go in, and the T250 will get tore down...

Then you can start a thread about me over there, and talk more trash! Tell Steve thanks for the threat of shooting me with a shotgun... Classy, but typical out of him...

Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Yet you still run a pump that "allegedly" is throwing debris and stranding you, LOL

Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Yet you still run a pump that "allegedly" is throwing debris and stranding you, LOL
Because...

I dont have the time or money to replace it right now... Need $900 to put a real pump in it, SRP1.1...

We will see how your 4 years in the making Twhatever holds up... Of course so long as the locktite and bondo holds up it should be fine!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 AM
jkidd_39
Posting Guru
Joe,

You best keep quiet about the bondo. That's an industry secret. Your gonna start some ****!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:46 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
LOL a REAL pump. That's funny.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:11 AM
SuperDoodie
Elder User
LOL a REAL pump. That's funny.
Don't get me started on stealth

Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Well then let Joey show us what he does to his T500 or T1000... Not going to happen, because its more then likely a few more shims, a few self tapper screws and some bondo...

IMHO the T1000 will be the same or similar to the SRP1.1... The T500 would be on par with the AD from Bob.

SRP1.1 is not a lot of mark up for the amount of machining and new parts inside it!

Well, unlike some I know how to bandaid my truck to keep me going down the road... Clean the IPR and go again... or swap it with my cleaned one in the tool box.

When I have the cash the SRP1.1 will go in, and the T250 will get tore down...

Then you can start a thread about me over there, and talk more trash! Tell Steve thanks for the threat of shooting me with a shotgun... Classy, but typical out of him...

Judging people on "class" huh? take a look in the mirror man.

If your opinions get skewed enough to bash on someone who is delivering an excellent, long lasting product for a very reasonable price, then keep them to yourself.

It's like you have a "NAPA SUCKS" sign in your hand and you are jumping around in the parking lot trying to get people to go somewhere else.

Go buy your SRP1 and stop "talking trash" about Terminator.

I'll make sure to get on here in 4 years and tell you how well my T500 is doing.

We dont need someone ruining the "classiness" that FTE has compared to a few other forums that force you to read through a bunch of arguments to get to the true information. So just drop it.

Word of mouth advertising is some of the best, and if everybody that is running or has ran a T-500 got on here and told you what they thought about it, your negative comments would be washed away in a sea of thumbs up for the pump and all of Terminators products.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
sledhead999
Elder User
I don't come on FTE alot but somehow I'm not getting warm and fuzzies about any of the three in stock housings...

Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Does anyone else notice Joe's complete double standard? Most of us have been around long enough to know that Joe hates a certain tuner. Why? He believes certain things about their tunes (I'm not here to discuss whether they are right or wrong), and that stems from Joe blowing up his motor while running their tunes.

Now, since Joe blew his motor, said tuner has updated their tunes countless times. In addition to that there are hundreds of people who have been running said tuner for years without issue. But in Joe's mind, they will always be garbage and anyone who runs one is an idiot.

Fast forward to the SRP1. More than a few people who had one installed had them fail and push brass past the seal into the oil. One person I can think of had it happen twice. Now, the gang at Stealth have updated their pump and are putting it back to market. Several people won't trust them again because of what has happened in the past. And now Joe thinks their idiots...

Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by duck fan
Does anyone else notice Joe's complete double standard? Most of us have been around long enough to know that Joe hates a certain tuner. Why? He believes certain things about their tunes (I'm not here to discuss whether they are right or wrong), and that stems from Joe blowing up his motor while running their tunes.

Now, since Joe blew his motor, said tuner has updated their tunes countless times. In addition to that there are hundreds of people who have been running said tuner for years without issue. But in Joe's mind, they will always be garbage and anyone who runs one is an idiot.

Fast forward to the SRP1. More than a few people who had one installed had them fail and push brass past the seal into the oil. One person I can think of had it happen twice. Now, the gang at Stealth have updated their pump and are putting it back to market. Several people won't trust them again because of what has happened in the past. And now Joe thinks their idiots...
roger that.

Just like the turbonetics getting a bad wrap because of a 1 time qc issue that was fixed. They stopped making them because everybody stopped running them due to people like that talking and talking. enough about it.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
sledhead999
Elder User
Originally Posted by duck fan

Good point. Looks like the SRP1.1 has the best warranty on the market right now. As a machinist, I appreciate the pics of their new parts going into their product. It also states they tightened up their tolerances. Usually that's only as good as your supplier (internal or external) and the QC. I would really like to know the difference in internals for the $450 difference....

Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM
TerminatorEng.
Senior User
Guys, do a little research. There are no secrets on the T500. Talon aka William did a nice write up on the T500 after his visit to my shop, with pictures.

Joe, your moded 17 is completely stock internally(see posts by beanhead in this thread). So if you have an issue, consult Bosch/Rexroth or Ford/IH. From the little that I follow you, it seems the guys at Swamps gave you a new IPR? Did this solve your issues, as Dave@Swamps suggested?

Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
sledhead999
Elder User
Originally Posted by TerminatorEng.
Guys, do a little research. There are no secrets on the T500. Talon aka William did a nice write up on the T500 after his visit to my shop, with pictures.

Joe, your moded 17 is completely stock internally(see posts by beanhead in this thread). So if you have an issue, consult Bosch/Rexroth or Ford/IH. From the little that I follow you, it seems the guys at Swamps gave you a new IPR? Did this solve your issues, as Dave@Swamps suggested?
Maybe you could update your website with this info. This seems vague to me...

"TE-T500 Modified 17* HPOP Tired of your 15* or worn out 17* pump? Need a little more volume for those new injectors? This Terminator Modded T500 pump is what you need and won't put a dent in your mod budget. We ship you your pump with all new seals and orings, tested and ready to install. Please indicate whether you are sending in a 15* or 17* and if it is out of a Super Duty or a OBS. You can send yours in first if you would rather not pay the core charge. Be sure to include your pump fitting as they will be resealed and sent back with the pump."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SRP1