Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

SRP1

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 AM
bulla
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I gave up and got my money back. They wouldn't say exactly what was going on but beans blamed it on my truck saying that my motor was coming apart. Doesn't explain why my original pump is still doing great, but hey, I'm not the professional here, just a consumer seeking a product up to the task.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:10 AM
bulla
Cargo Master
Now Gary has treated me well in the fact that when the pump did fail I received another fairly quickly. He for the most part always answered my calls. And sees no problem selling me another pump. With that said and my motor truly was "coming apart" I don't think he would chance giving me the opportunity to fail another pump. I feel there must of been a few other issues that he feels have been resolved to feel confident to let me have another. Now if my motor is causing the problems then I will owe a few a big apology!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 AM
beanhead6D5
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bulla
Well I gave up and got my money back. They wouldn't say exactly what was going on but beans blamed it on my truck saying that my motor was coming apart. Doesn't explain why my original pump is still doing great, but hey, I'm not the professional here, just a consumer seeking a product up to the task.
Sucks you had a bad experience with them! At least you got your money back.

Believe me I'm going to work the snot out this pump.If I have any probs I will post them up.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:22 AM
guitarpicr
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brad - Looks like some nice upgrades to the pump - How much more capacity with the new modded pump?

Old 03-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
There is a guy on PSA that got stranded twice. Both times on vacation.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Orezona
There is a guy on PSA that got stranded twice. Both times on vacation.
I've been stuck on the side of the road 8-10 times with debris from my modded 17*...

The issue with the SRP1 was fixed with the reliease of the SRP1.1. This is why it now comes with the only lifetime warranty on the market.

No one else offers this level of service.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
That is a great warranty Joe.

Two yrs now with my Adrenaline, I hope I don't have trouble. Only time I'm on the road long distance is with the family and the 5er.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 AM
TerminatorEng.
Senior User
Originally Posted by beanhead6D5
Ever wonder what is modded on a modded 17* pump!

One brass bushing to restrict oil. First pic

He pings the front seal.Second pic

Then puts a LOCK WASHER in the relief valve. Third pic.

All internals are factory!

I asked to see the difference when my pump was being put together.
Ok, I figured I would come in and explain the reasoning behind the mods so nicely published.

The first picture is not a bushing, but a restrictor. Your buddy Gary should know of this modification, becasue I told him about it back in 2004. On my personal truck, pressure was increased by a couple hundred PSI at WOT. You ask why? Simple, restricting that 92thou hole down to a 32thou orfice increases flow. That plastic check ball does not create a perfect seal when the pump builds pressure, thus losing valuable volume that can be better used towards the oil rails. I don't expect the average "Joe" to know this, because not everyone has access to a high pressure oil pump flow bench, as I do! FYI, I will not take full credit of this mod. I was told of this mod by someone that was in the 7.3 Performance at the very beginning. Old timers might remember the name "PsychoStroker" aka Bryan Kinney?

The second picture: Those "pings'" were to help keep the front pump seal in. There was also an increase in volume as well, with the front seal flipped over, because again, on the flow bench we seen an increase in volume(the front seal weeps a ton of oil when the oil is up to operating tempature). But doing this mod, would sometimes cause the internal piston slipper C ring to jump out. When that happens, your dead on the side of the raod and the pump internals are usually destroyed in the process. I would estimate 5 out of 100 failures, which I repaired/replaced at NO charge.

And picture three: It's just an emergency blow-off valve shim. I now use a Stainless steel shim. By shimming the blow-off valve, more ICP can be achieved, if necessary(around 4000psi). Every pump that leaves my shop, has a shim(Singles and Duals).

There it is.

On Edit: I NEVER said that the internals were modified. They are completely stock. So, if you have a failure or debris issues, it's STOCK.

Now the T500 and the T1000 are NOT STOCK internally.

Thank you,

Joey@TE

Old 03-10-2012, 06:49 AM
beanhead6D5
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by guitarpicr
Brad - Looks like some nice upgrades to the pump - How much more capacity with the new modded pump?
37% increase over stock,Bill!

Thank You Joey for your explanation of how your modifications work.Now when someone searches for information on a SRP1 they can see the Quality of work between two competitors.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:07 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Now when someone searches for information on a SRP1 they can see the Quality of work between two competitors.
This seems to be kinda' an "apples and oranges" comparison.

You seem to compare an all-new unit to one that has been "warmed over slightly", which is all Terminator claims it to be.

What would be a more fair comparison of products?

Certainly not this one!

Pop

Old 03-10-2012, 09:28 AM
bulla
Cargo Master
Yea, let's see the guts of a T1000!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:33 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
That might be a far-better, and fairer, comparison for us to evaluate.

Pop

Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
37% increase over stock,Bill!

Thank You Joey for your explanation of how your modifications work.Now when someone searches for information on a SRP1 they can see the Quality of work between two competitors.
LOL Apples and oranges. Lets compare a T500 or T1000 with this new Stealth SRP 1.1.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:54 PM
beanhead6D5
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
This seems to be kinda' an "apples and oranges" comparison.

You seem to compare an all-new unit to one that has been "warmed over slightly", which is all Terminator claims it to be.

What would be a more fair comparison of products?

Certainly not this one!

Pop
Didn't mean for it to seem that way! That is apples to oranges.

I meant the difference in the quality of work they do.Stealth has shown what they do.Just like to see what TE can do.

A good comparison would be the T-500 and SRP1.1.

It sounds like the T-1000 would be better compared to the Stealth stage 2.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
sledhead999
Elder User
I like how they show you what the SRP1.1 has modified. The T500 is pretty vague description wise, but $450 vs $900, makes ya wonder whats modified inside a T500 for half the cost.....or maybe they are close to the same inside with more price markup on the SRP...dunno.

What was the cost for the modded 17* pump in the pics above?

Quick Reply: SRP1