Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Exclamation FTE Rules and Guidelines

We all know there are rules here, and sometimes, it's easy to forget that we are posting on the World Wide Web,
for everyone to see, in print, what we are posting.

With that in mind, I would like to post the guidelines to this site, for all to review.

Please read this, so that all may benefit, and enjoy the site!

<TABLE width=600><TBODY><TR><TD><CENTER>DISCLAIMER</CENTER>
Preface. Postings are the opinions of their respective authors and do not reflect the opinions of "Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc." (FTE), its officers, directors, employees and shareholders. FTE assumes no liability for direct, indirect, punitive, consequential, special or incidental damages, accident, injury, loss of property, income or life due to use or misuse of comments, suggestions, procedures, modifications, opinions, facts, enhancements, repairs or other information presented on our services. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the contents of any message or article. Use any information found on our services at your own risk.

Revealing Your Identity. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (including your name, location, email address, IP address, etc.) to involved parties in the event of legal action or complaints arising from any content you post.

Removal of Users and/or Posts. We reserve the right to remove any user or post from our forums for any reason, with or without prior warning. If your account is suspended, any re-registration on your part will be considered harassment and will be followed by contacting your ISP and local law enforcement if required.

Affiliation. Ford Truck Enthusiasts (FTE) is a privately owned and operated enthusiast community. FTE is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company or any of its subsidiaries.

<CENTER>USER GUIDELINES</CENTER>
1. Current Email Address. You must maintain a current email address within your FTE User Account. If for any reason an Administrator is unable to contact you due to returned emails, your FTE account may be suspended or removed until you contact our support team.

2. Personal Conduct . Post language and material suitable for the home or office. Do not post foul language, racial epithets or sexually explicit content in any form. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Posting for the purpose of gaining access to additional features of the site is not allowed.

3. Signatures . Please do not post overly large or obnoxious signatures. Users are here to read the content, not to be annoyed by your signature. Do not use your signature to post "for sale" items and links to "for sale" items or FTE Classified ads. Using your signature to post political slogans, sexual, racial or religious content is not allowed.

4. No Advertising. Ads, solicitations or other commercial content are not allowed . Site sponsors are encouraged to respond to questions about their products.

5. Vendor Promoting. Recommendations of vendors by users is encouraged, but excessive promotion of vendors (cheer leading) will be viewed as advertising. Please make sure your participation on FTE is more than just promoting or advertising for a vendor or product.

6. Personal Items For Sale . For Sale items are not allowed in the automotive and general discussion forums of FTE. This includes placing ads or links to ads in your signature. We have a Classifieds section that you can list your items in. Want ads are allowed in the forums so long as you post a follow-up when you find the part(s). Vehicle value discussions are permitted, however, if we find it turning into a for sale thread, the thread will be removed. The only exception to this guideline is the Chapter Forums. There is a specific thread in each Chapter Forum, for Chapter Members only, that is intended for local for sale items.

7. Copyright Materials. You may not post any copyrighted material that you do not have rights to. Please link to external articles rather than post them in the forums.

8. Legal Actions.
  • You may not use this site to discuss or organize any legal action including, but not limited to, class-actions. FTE does not give legal advice or host legal discussion. If you have any legal questions or concerns, please consult your attorney.
  • You may not create posts or threads which discuss or request by-passing payment of online services including, but not limited to, Carfax reports.
9. Issues with Moderation and Site Policy. If a situation arises in which you have a problem or conflict with the Moderation Team of FTE or FTE Site Policy, please contact an Administrator through email or private messaging systems rather than in open forum.

10. Other Terms. You also agree to the Gallery Guidelines (Click Here) and the web site Terms of Use (Click Here). </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Please read our legal notices for additional terms and conditions.

Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Of course, we all know, when the rules are broken, there needs to be a way to correct the wrong.

We have a ladder here, It starts with us, the posting public. Next step is the Chapter leaders, whom we elect. The Chapter leaders Keep things rolling smooth, and help where it's needed.
Next is the Mods. Mods are the police. They help guide people where they need to go, and keep the peace.
Next we have the Super Mods These people have Godly powers. The can take what is written in stone, and make it go away. They also can decide whether you and I can keep posting.
Next is Admin. I think we all know the top rung when we see it. These people make or break the site. The site belongs to them, and they are kind enough to share it with us.

The Job of all of us who post, is to give respect to all, and treat them as one big family. We are the ears here, and many times, see something that needs to be fixed. Please use the "ladder", and help prevent problems, before they are really problems
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Brain dead

Punishment

Hopefully nothing gets past the first two posts, but if it does, here's a letter from the Mods.

Click the image to open in full size. Moderators, guidelines and how they are enforced.
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Ok - Time to openly clarify our guidelines, who enforces them and how they enforce them.

Who are we?
Our team of moderators, super-moderators and administrators can be found here:
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - List of moderators
We are a friendly Ford-Truck owning bunch, so feel free to contact any of us, we are happy to help.
If you have a problem with your truck, try using the search function or post your question in the forum that covers your problem. As much as we would like to think we are experts on everything... we might struggle diagnosing your electrical issue on your 76 highboy in the Appearance Forum. )
You will see us posting around the site (our names are highlighted in red) and your forum moderator can be found in the top left corner of each forum.

What are we here to do?
Hopefully give you a fun, enjoyable and informative place to chat with others of similar interests. We welcome everyone and we try our best to encourage a polite, friendly and informative atmosphere. To maintain all of this, we have a few rules, the lastest of which can be found here:
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Discussion Forum Guidelines

How do we enforce these guidelines?
The million dollar question. We have a system just like your frequent flyer miles.
Earn some miles, earn a vacation!
Here are some of the things you can spend your posts on to earn miles, how many miles it gets you, and how long the miles are valid for!
  • Site Troll
    Lasts: 3 Months
  • Signature Rule Violation
    Lasts: 2 Months
  • Insulted Other Member(s)
    Lasts: 12 Months
  • Inappropriate Language
  • User Posting Classified Ad In Forums
    Lasts: 6 Months
  • Contravened Guidelines
  • Negative Racial/prejudicial comments
  • Minor Spammed Advertisements - Commercial Advertiser
  • Major Spammed Advertisements - Commercial Advertiser
    Lasts forever and ever and ever
How far can I go with all these points?
We have a bonus program here at FTE, you can earn vacations by points, or by the number of trips you make!
Points based vacations:
  • 5 Points - 3 Days
  • 7 Points - 7 Days
  • 10 Points - 10 Days
  • 12 Points - 2 Weeks
  • 14 Points - Permanent
Trip based vacations (a/k/a Infractions):
  • 3 Infractions - 3 Days
  • 5 Infractions - 7 Days
  • 7 Infractions - 10 Days
  • 8 Infractions - 2 Weeks
  • 9 Infractions - Permanent
In lieu to issuing you frequent flyer points, moderators can elect to give you a warning. They are allowed to do this at their own discretion, if you are fortunate enough to be bestowed with one of these esteemed warnings, we suggest you heed it. FTE vacations aren't as pleasant as they are made out to be.
Super moderators are bestowed with the additional ability to give you "custom" infractions. Think of this as a tailor made holiday fit to your specific requirements.
Administrators in addition to all of these wonderful travel tools have the ability to send you on a permanent vacation with no points whatsoever! Consider yourself special if you are the recipient of one of these wonderful life long vacations.

I got a vacation, and I didn't earn it?
All appeals to warnings/points/vacations/brownies that are issued should go via PM to a moderator or super moderator. If PM coverage is difficult in your vacation location, you may e-mail info@ford-trucks.com.
This advice also goes for any friends that are found to be on a surprise vacation.

Vacations are non-refundable. They do not allow a return flight until your designated return date.

I truly Hope no one here gets one of these vacations, as I enjoy each, and everyone here!

Thank You all for taking the time to read this
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter