Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
Cleared them today then ran the KOER and the PO475 showed up. Do you clear KOER codes as well or do they automatically reset each time you initiate the test? The PO475 only shows up on KOER
Hmmm... EBP, MAP, and BARO should read about 13 PSI or a little lower in AZ (KOEO), but they should read real close to each other. 4 PSI difference is way off and that would likely throw a code. The device with the reading farthest from 13 PSI (or the other two readings) loses.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Elder User

bigb56 has a good reputation on FTE.bigb56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Hmmm... EBP, MAP, and BARO should read about 13 PSI or a little lower in AZ (KOEO), but they should read real close to each other. 4 PSI difference is way off and that would likely throw a code. The device with the reading farthest from 13 PSI (or the other two readings) loses.
Yes Map and Baro are both at 13.2 (I'm at 2200 ft) and EBP is over 17.

02 F350 4x4 CREW 7.3 148K, 285's, AIS, Isspro
pyro, boost & tranny temp, EV2 FP & HPOP, DiPricol coolant temp,Dieselsite coolant & tranny filters, 6.0 cooler, ITP in tank mod, AE, GPR LED & Stancor, Bellowed UpPipes, Battery Tender & 2 Marincos.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:31 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Do you ever watch Mythbusters? This is where Adam would say "Well there's your problem." You already know you need to check out that EBP sensor. Congratulations... you're already troubleshooting with AE!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Elder User

bigb56 has a good reputation on FTE.bigb56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Today I removed the tube and the sensor and cleaned them again. The tube had a bit of soot, not much. This time I dug into the sensor more than last time, and sprayed some PB blaster in it. I got a lot of soot out of it. Put it back together and the EBPS dropped to 15 (KOEO), 2 PSI less than before, but still 2 PSI over baro & map. Still throws the code on KOER. I'll try cleaning the sensor one more time before ordering a new one.

I am getting a couple of codes on the hybrid instrument cluster that keep coming back, one is a communication bus fault and the other is missing or invalid rpm data. The tach seems to be working fine on the dash and in AE.

I did have my VSM replaced due to inopoerative power door locks, accessory delay, autolamp, door ajar switch, courtesy lamps and probably a couple things I forgot. Resetting the old VSM would fix the problems temporarily, but the new VSM seems to have fixed everything for good.

I was getting the instrument cluster codes before all this anyway. I do know on my 02 the VSM and the cluster work together on some of that stuff.

02 F350 4x4 CREW 7.3 148K, 285's, AIS, Isspro
pyro, boost & tranny temp, EV2 FP & HPOP, DiPricol coolant temp,Dieselsite coolant & tranny filters, 6.0 cooler, ITP in tank mod, AE, GPR LED & Stancor, Bellowed UpPipes, Battery Tender & 2 Marincos.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Senior User

double ott ex has a good reputation on FTE.double ott ex has a good reputation on FTE.double ott ex has a good reputation on FTE.
I know this is an old thread, but I found it to be good reading and am thankful you started it Tugly. keep up the good work and happy hollidaze

DOE
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Post Fiend

Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
While I'm on the topic of this screen...
Click the image to open in full size.

You can only make adjustments to the settings while the unit is hooked up to the vehicle and the key is on. For better charting and visual feedback on the bar graphs, set the limits per parameter to realistic values. The default RPM is 8000. On a diesel? Really? I try to keep my charts as simple as possible, so I plan my ranges.

Multiples of 0-1 and 0-3.5 have been working well for me so far. What do I mean by that? One parameter might have a scale of 0-10, another 0-100 (like MPH and % Duty Cycle). 0-350 is great for TFT and EOT, 0-3500 is good for RPM and ICP. I'm building a pattern where my scale on the right is a 0-100 and the left is a 0-3500 to keep the information close to the center of the chart.
Fantastic idea! Genious really....
Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Quote:
I frequently use Open Office and one part tripped me up at first. Here is the solution for what I ran into.

[/quote]

This worked because files with the extension .csv contain comma separated values.

Also if you change the Character Set to UNICODE - UTF-8 and click OK it will create a spread sheet.

You probably new this but not all do.

Example of tweeked spread sheet. You can see the time delay between parameter samples.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Genious? Oh... then I must have ripped the idea off from somebody.

I have a number of saved profiles for making my connections. There is a window that says "New" when I first connect to the truck and I select one of my pre-saved profiles. I have one profile labeled "ICP-IPR" that has all the settings the way I like, with the mins and maxes preset. By having this profile set with the same parameters each time (and in the same order), it makes graphing in a spreadsheet much easier because I just need to cut and paste from a previous saved spreadsheet each time. There are other benefits, which I will list when I have a moment to set up the graphics.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Senior User

xbox73 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
  • The security dongle is not a USB storage device per se, it is hardware like a mouse or keyboard. The security dongle can be bypassed to talk to the OBDII interface, but you (and I) don't want a piece of that. It cannot be bypassed in any usable way for the software to function, so it's not worth the effort to look into it. These guys did their homework.
New version 12 (and maybe 11.2? <-- don't know) AE ProLine hardware has anti-piracy features integrated into the ProLine hardware itself, thereby obviating the need for a separate USB security dongle (in addition to the USB cable used to attach the ProLine hardware to the PC), so only 1 USB port now needed for the ProLine hardware, and no risk of losing the USB security dongle.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Very cool. Thanks for that update!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Junior User

Lambert01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydew View Post
Thought I'd post this here to make those looking at purchasing a computer for AE aware of this type of option.

For AE (and vag-com) I use an Asus EEE slate which runs windows 7 and has two usb ports. A big reason for purchasing this type of unit was to run the vehicle diagnostic programs.

I've found it easier to handle in the vehicle than a laptop and it's nice not having to hunt for the pointer and use a touchpad mouse. Everything can be done with the stylus or finger.

No CD drive so I just copied the disk to a thumb drive and installed the software via that.

Tugly I thought this might be an appropriate hardware experience but let me know if you want this out of your thread and I'll delete the post.

Honeydew,

how has your Asus worked out for you? my only pc laptop just took a dump and now my choice is to go your route(hoping to find one really cheap) or install windows on my macbook and use it there.

thoughts or other ideas that won't cost much.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Senior User

SaintITC is starting off with a positive reputation.
In many of the threads here people mention measuring "perdels". What is that test / parameter?

And in your configuration screenshot you show that the connection is OBD-II, the AE instructions say to select non OBD-II? I have the newer non-dongle ProLine, with version 11. Is the non OBD-II selection correct?

Thanks, Tom

1997 F250HD XLT Supercab, 5 spd PSD. Killed by a Hyundai :-(
1984 F150 300-6 4spd, Offenhauser DP intake, Pacesetter POS headers, 390 Holley. What a rusty bucket of bolts. God, I miss that truck.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:11 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

This thread ended up being a rough draft of the AE stuff. Things got more precise here [LINK] and here [LINK].

Everything you're asking (plus a lot more) is covered in those monster threads.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:11 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
12, 73, air, article, autoenginuity, circle, communications, condition, conditions, dashboard, diagram, established, ford, iowa, powered, road, unit, vbulletin, volt