Sponsored by: DP Tuner

AE (AutoEnginuity) Beginner-Advanced!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by UcaN
Thanks....that helps out a lot. Looks like i've got some homework to do.
If you ask specific questions here... like "Why can't I open the recorded file in Open Office and make a graph?", someone can chime in and help. If you have a graph and try to decipher what it's saying about your engine, do what I do and share it here. Having everybody look at the graph and learning at the same time is a good thing.

Get plenty of data while it's running well. You will then recognize something out of place quicker if you have a problem in the future. I found an issue I wasn't even looking for - I helped a friend with AE and I saw his truck doing something better than mine.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
ajohansson
Cross-Country
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looking for a little help on a sunday. AE software won't connect to com port. Have used it a few times without a problem. I see device in device manager. comport 1 is set. key on etc etc. using the right settings from strictly diesel site non obd II etc etc. Still no joy. tRied to do firmware on the proline and it failed so thinking the proline connector might be bad. All lights on it work. Im stumped. Gonna be calling AE in the AM. oh yea also tested on 3 fords today and same result. running 9.1.1

Old 05-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
But it is OBDII. Non OBDII would be something more like a CAN network (possibly replace OBDII in the future), which these can also handle with upgrades. I think vehicles should just go straight-up USB, but the manufacturers might protest such easy access to their vehicles inner workings.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:46 PM
bearman113
Alaska Chapter ******
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribing

Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
This was a few posts back and some time ago, but these are the settings in my AE software for making connection.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:34 PM
ajohansson
Cross-Country
Well i talke to AE and they think the proline is "scrambled". I sent it in today for them to fix under warranty. Also going to upgrade to 10.1 while I'm at it. Will report back what the deal is.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ajohansson
Well i talke to AE and they think the proline is "scrambled". I sent it in today for them to fix under warranty. Also going to upgrade to 10.1 while I'm at it. Will report back what the deal is.

Thanks for that feedback! I'm curious how that turns out.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
Tugly,

How do you get the information into a graph outside of AE....I have a bunch of data in spread sheets but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to turn it into decent readable graphs

Old 05-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 2000ca250
Tugly,

How do you get the information into a graph outside of AE....I have a bunch of data in spread sheets but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to turn it into decent readable graphs
BOOM! That's a big'n. I take it you have spreadsheet software like Excel or Open Office. Which one do you use? I can do screen shots of how to get started.

Once I know which one you have, you can either send me a file you want graphed or I can send you one of mine with a graph to copy and paste into your spreadsheet. Once you've copied it, you just change which cells in your spreadsheet are referenced in the graph.

I have a template I've made for my tune tests. Every time I do a run to test the tune under different driving conditions or a different tune, I just copy the template and change the cell references. This saves me from making a fresh graph every time and the graphs are easier to compare because they use the same format.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:43 AM
UcaN
Senior User
I'd like one Tugly..... I have a few runs i want to graph.....

Thanks.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
GoCamping
Elder User
Ok dumb question - I'm probably going to buy AE this summer and install on an old laptop ... which will get replaced around the end of the year I hope. But I'd like to keep AE on the old too and let that ride around in the truck (you know, just in case). Thought I saw something on the AE website about multiple machines - so would I just need to keep the security dongle with whichever PC I plan to use?

Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
ajohansson
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by GoCamping
Ok dumb question - I'm probably going to buy AE this summer and install on an old laptop ... which will get replaced around the end of the year I hope. But I'd like to keep AE on the old too and let that ride around in the truck (you know, just in case). Thought I saw something on the AE website about multiple machines - so would I just need to keep the security dongle with whichever PC I plan to use?
i believe that is the case

Old 05-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by UcaN
I'd like one Tugly..... I have a few runs i want to graph.....

Thanks.
Which spreadsheet software are you using?

Originally Posted by GoCamping
That is precisely what I'm already doing. My netbook doesn't even have a disk drive, I just copied the disk to a USB drive and onto the netbook. I have used my activation code on my 3 laptops and I just keep the dongle with the vehicle.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:17 AM
UcaN
Senior User
Good morning

I use Excel......

Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
I'll round that up after the holiday weekend.

Quick Reply: AE (AutoEnginuity) Beginner-Advanced!