Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcaN View Post
Thanks....that helps out a lot. Looks like i've got some homework to do.
If you ask specific questions here... like "Why can't I open the recorded file in Open Office and make a graph?", someone can chime in and help. If you have a graph and try to decipher what it's saying about your engine, do what I do and share it here. Having everybody look at the graph and learning at the same time is a good thing.

Get plenty of data while it's running well. You will then recognize something out of place quicker if you have a problem in the future. I found an issue I wasn't even looking for - I helped a friend with AE and I saw his truck doing something better than mine.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Junior User

ajohansson is starting off with a positive reputation.
looking for a little help on a sunday. AE software won't connect to com port. Have used it a few times without a problem. I see device in device manager. comport 1 is set. key on etc etc. using the right settings from strictly diesel site non obd II etc etc. Still no joy. tRied to do firmware on the proline and it failed so thinking the proline connector might be bad. All lights on it work. Im stumped. Gonna be calling AE in the AM. oh yea also tested on 3 fords today and same result. running 9.1.1
Old 05-21-2012, 06:17 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
But it is OBDII. Non OBDII would be something more like a CAN network (possibly replace OBDII in the future), which these can also handle with upgrades. I think vehicles should just go straight-up USB, but the manufacturers might protest such easy access to their vehicles inner workings.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Alaska Chapter Leader

bearman113 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Subscribing
Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

This was a few posts back and some time ago, but these are the settings in my AE software for making connection.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Junior User

Well i talke to AE and they think the proline is "scrambled". I sent it in today for them to fix under warranty. Also going to upgrade to 10.1 while I'm at it. Will report back what the deal is.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohansson View Post
Well i talke to AE and they think the proline is "scrambled". I sent it in today for them to fix under warranty. Also going to upgrade to 10.1 while I'm at it. Will report back what the deal is.

Thanks for that feedback! I'm curious how that turns out.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Posting Guru

2000ca250 has a good reputation on FTE.2000ca250 has a good reputation on FTE.
Tugly,

How do you get the information into a graph outside of AE....I have a bunch of data in spread sheets but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to turn it into decent readable graphs
Self Tuned
494 HP Daily tune, 557 HP All out

Old 05-24-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000ca250 View Post
Tugly,

How do you get the information into a graph outside of AE....I have a bunch of data in spread sheets but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to turn it into decent readable graphs
BOOM! That's a big'n. I take it you have spreadsheet software like Excel or Open Office. Which one do you use? I can do screen shots of how to get started.

Once I know which one you have, you can either send me a file you want graphed or I can send you one of mine with a graph to copy and paste into your spreadsheet. Once you've copied it, you just change which cells in your spreadsheet are referenced in the graph.

I have a template I've made for my tune tests. Every time I do a run to test the tune under different driving conditions or a different tune, I just copy the template and change the cell references. This saves me from making a fresh graph every time and the graphs are easier to compare because they use the same format.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Senior User

UcaN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'd like one Tugly..... I have a few runs i want to graph.....

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Elder User

GoCamping is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GoCamping is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ok dumb question - I'm probably going to buy AE this summer and install on an old laptop ... which will get replaced around the end of the year I hope. But I'd like to keep AE on the old too and let that ride around in the truck (you know, just in case). Thought I saw something on the AE website about multiple machines - so would I just need to keep the security dongle with whichever PC I plan to use?
2000 Ford F250 7.3PSD CC SB 2WD Auto. Mods: AIS; CCV mod; Wicked Wheel; Walker BTM; DP-Tuner 40hp PCM flash; ISSPRO EGT / Boost / Trans / Water; Coolant filter; Trans filter; Ride-Rite airbags, Rancho RS9000XL, 50 cent mod, 05+ headlights and grill, front hitch, added fogs and HIDs, LED swaps, nagging desire to go RVing...
2008 Crossroads Cruiser CF32BL 5th wheel; 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT; 2000 Audi A4 1.8T APR chipped!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCamping View Post
Ok dumb question - I'm probably going to buy AE this summer and install on an old laptop ... which will get replaced around the end of the year I hope. But I'd like to keep AE on the old too and let that ride around in the truck (you know, just in case). Thought I saw something on the AE website about multiple machines - so would I just need to keep the security dongle with whichever PC I plan to use?
i believe that is the case
Old 05-25-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcaN View Post
I'd like one Tugly..... I have a few runs i want to graph.....

Thanks.
Which spreadsheet software are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCamping View Post
That is precisely what I'm already doing. My netbook doesn't even have a disk drive, I just copied the disk to a USB drive and onto the netbook. I have used my activation code on my 3 laptops and I just keep the dongle with the vehicle.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Senior User

UcaN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good morning

I use Excel......
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

I'll round that up after the holiday weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
12, 73, air, article, autoenginuity, circle, communications, condition, conditions, dashboard, diagram, established, ford, iowa, powered, road, unit, vbulletin, volt