Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Want to Buy > WTB - Parts & other
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

WTB - Parts & other Want to buy parts/accessories/tools.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Senior User

JMM-MD is starting off with a positive reputation.
99 F250 SD steering knuckles

Got to do the ball joints on my 250 SD (99) and Exc (00), want to set up the knuckles before I do the tear down since I do not have a press, and I want to do as much as I can to make sure that once I start on one I can start and finish in a single day.

Looking for the front steering knuckles (both sides), the piece(s) that have the ball joints, both are 4X4 - how much shipped to 21755?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 AM
Senior User

stemo76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000160923877 whatusaytome http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenemorrison cornholio0076
I would suggest going to the auto parts store and renting the ball joint press tool My local stores will rent for free. Do one side one day and the other the next.

Also be sure to get all the seals and o-rings needed for the job.

2 4C3Z3049DB Grease-able upper ball joints(may need a 90 degree zerk to clear)
2 5C3Z3050E Grease-able lower ball joints
2 F81Z4A322AA Yellow orings
2 F81Z3254CB Seal
2 F81Z1S175HCA Wheel seal
2 EOTZ3K050B lower ball joint snap ring
2 F2TZ3A049A Upper ball-joint nut
2 F2TZ3A050A lower ball-joint nut
1 4C3Z1K106AA oring kit (includes 1 snap ring and two black hub seals)
4 13507 Cotter pins
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Senior User

Thanks for the parts list! That is great, I was putting that together with plans to gather all the parts I could possibly need and have therm here before I started - this is great! The one thing that was on my list and not yours were the wheel berrings - the one truck has almost 100k on it and the 2nd has 150k on it, should I be looking at replacing the wheel berrings while i have the front end torn down?

The thing is - I typically will get one day on the weekend for this kind of thing - if I cannot get it done in a single day it will most likley span multiple weekends do not want to do that. I will check the local auto parts store to see if they have the ball joint press and what they want to rent one - I know the Advance Auto stores around here will lend tools and the last time I used them it took me t trips to the store since the first tool ended up missing some parts, but I did eventually get one that I was able to get the job done with.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Senior User

stemo76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000160923877 whatusaytome http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenemorrison cornholio0076
I think that you will find the wheel bearing unit very expensive. Probably want to check it out and replace when needed rather than preventive maintenance. I was able to do both in a single day. If you can't find a rental place check out harbor freight. If your not familiar they sell crappy version of tools. Many are not worth their weight but something that your going to use once or twice and then store they work fine. That is where mine came from and I have used it several times.

If you have a spare set of knuckles I don't think you will gain more then maybe 15 - 30 minutes on the project. Most of the time is going to be in the removal of the knuckle and reinstall of it. Pressing in the ball joints is pretty quick with the tool.
Early 99 PSD Dually Crew 4x4. Super lift leveling kit - R4 tech rear auto leveling bag kit - Converted to late Turbo and intake - Banks exhaust with power elbow - S&B Air Intake - Swamps HP IDM - Banks TransCommander - Triple Gauge pillar with Autometer gauges - Column mounted HPOP gauge - F650 Dash kit with fuel pressure guage - DieselSite fuel CPR system - DieselSite Adrenaline HPOP - FS2500 bypass oil filter - DP-Tuner custom tuning - 19.5 Vision Wheels (Not Recommended)
Old 03-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Senior User

Something to think about....
Old 03-03-2012, 06:41 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Want to Buy > WTB - Parts & other

Tags
2003, 2004, 2008, 4x4, 99, f250, ford, hoses, knucke, knuckle, removal, sd, seal, stearing, steering, superduty