1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Build Thread: '49 F321

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks guys, I have more to post to be caught up on the build thread.
But Mainly I have the frame and suspension work done until I get more wieght on it.
Right now I am waiting for the machine shop. I called yesterday and it has been there 2 weeks today and they haven't touched it...
1996 5.0 from Explorer GT-40 heads. The heads are done. Now waiting for the block work. Probably needs bored/new pistons. I am prepared for the worst! I just wish they would get with it!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Ravenheart
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Really great thread, Jeff.

Don't know if it's the way you write or how it sounds in my head when I read, but I always get a positive vibe from your posts.

Do you have the link up in the members build thread yet?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:43 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenheart
Really great thread, Jeff.

Don't know if it's the way you write or how it sounds in my head when I read, but I always get a positive vibe from your posts.

Do you have the link up in the members build thread yet?
Yes, Jeff for President!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely diggin this thread Jeff! Keep up the good work. I like the up and close pics of the Jag IFS, gives me a good view of how it all comes together, looks and fits. Still wanting to convert to IFS on my '56, and tossing around many ideas. When Mechmagcn (road-trip Jeff ) was here i got real got view of his Lincoln subframe looked like on his truck. I really liked it too. TOO MANY CHOICES! Anyhow, your truck is coming along really nice.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:50 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Dano78
Definitely diggin this thread Jeff! Keep up the good work. I like the up and close pics of the Jag IFS, gives me a good view of how it all comes together, looks and fits. Still wanting to convert to IFS on my '56, and tossing around many ideas. When Mechmagcn (road-trip Jeff ) was here i got real got view of his Lincoln subframe looked like on his truck. I really liked it too. TOO MANY CHOICES! Anyhow, your truck is coming along really nice.
I'm parting a 88 lincoln town car, the frt end is your's if you want it. I'm waiting till the end of june to do my swap, so I have Lots of time. I have trucks in BC every week and could get one of my partner carrier's to ship it down to you mega cheap. the car's minty, only 60,000miles. let me know.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Sorry Jeff for a little Hi-Jack

Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Jack is my brother-in-law no apologies needed!
I really appreciate all the inspiring comments.
I need to get busy and get some work done!
I feel like I am dormant and can't seem to shake it.
Once I get the motor back, I will be feeling better.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Dano78
Elder User
Originally Posted by yamagrant
I'm parting a 88 lincoln town car, the frt end is your's if you want it. I'm waiting till the end of june to do my swap, so I have Lots of time. I have trucks in BC every week and could get one of my partner carrier's to ship it down to you mega cheap. the car's minty, only 60,000miles. let me know.
Grant- Yeah that's one of the things that attracted me to the swap was the fact that we have those series of cars stacked around here like cord wood. However, I'll keep you in mind if the crushers start gettin scrap-happy before I could fish one out. After lookin at Jeff's truck here, I'm also on a tangent on the Jag IFS too. Decisions, decisions....

Old 05-05-2012, 04:03 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You are doing great Jeff. But I don't need to tell ya that do I. I never had much interest in anything Dark sided. I thought why would anyone ruin one of Henry's best. But Jeff the way ya do it is more like repair out of necessity or something like that. I take parts off every make and model out there to keep my fleet going. Not always planing an upgrade so mush as to just get it back on the road better and stronger than before but mostly cheaper. Labor don't cost nothing but time. And if ya don't have that then don't do this.
So I guess I have always been a little on the dark side also.

Arctic

Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
This is exactly why I love this truck forum. WE make it what it is. I really enjoy the whole big picture here. Good people, good knowledge, good therapy!
I never knew that could be found through a keyboard.
Well now, I guess I need to get out to the garage soon!
Thank You all.

Dano78: I forgot to mention...I built a model of a '56 F100 when I was in my young teens. I still have that model and my first choice of truck has always been a '53-'56....maybe someday!

Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Doraville
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
This is exactly why I love this truck forum. WE make it what it is. I really enjoy the whole big picture here. Good people, good knowledge, good therapy!
I couldn't agree more Jeff!

You're doing a great job with your build and a great job of documenting it. My truck already had a GM G Body clip under it when I got it. If it hadn't been for that, I probably would have been installing the JAG IFS. The work that you're doing in documenting it will be a great help to those that follow after you.

-DV

Old 05-06-2012, 12:03 PM
oldmerc
oldmerc
You sound like your in the same boat as me (when you do not have all the money you might like , you need all the patience you can muster ) as for the machine shop , I learned a long time ago the best take a little longer and a few more steps to do things right .
Your doing a great job i'm sure Nicolle will be very happy with it when your done .

Old 06-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
It's been a long time since any update here. I have been busy with several items. But I finally and headed into a state of progress I guess. I got some engine work done. I got more to do, but I thought I would post some pics!
Enjoy or puke! LOL

Attached Images        
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
I am about to buy some new valve covers and I can't decide...
I got my eyes on a couple different styles, but haven't pulled the trigger yet!

The painting is not done, I am thinking the dark gray is the way I am goin, but with all the EFI stuff, it won't be seen real well anyway.
The blue is staying! LOL

Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 AM
acudanut
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that rear sump pan going to work with the jag front cross member?

Quick Reply: Build Thread: '49 F321