Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks guys, I have more to post to be caught up on the build thread.
But Mainly I have the frame and suspension work done until I get more wieght on it.
Right now I am waiting for the machine shop. I called yesterday and it has been there 2 weeks today and they haven't touched it...
1996 5.0 from Explorer GT-40 heads. The heads are done. Now waiting for the block work. Probably needs bored/new pistons. I am prepared for the worst! I just wish they would get with it!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Senior User

Ravenheart is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/andres.canedo.5855 @Fordcanedo
Really great thread, Jeff.

Don't know if it's the way you write or how it sounds in my head when I read, but I always get a positive vibe from your posts.

Do you have the link up in the members build thread yet?
www.photobucket.com/1954_F100_Panel_Julie
www.photobucket.com/Jessie_F100
Old 05-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Postmaster

yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Really great thread, Jeff.

Don't know if it's the way you write or how it sounds in my head when I read, but I always get a positive vibe from your posts.

Do you have the link up in the members build thread yet?
Yes, Jeff for President!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Elder User

Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.
Definitely diggin this thread Jeff! Keep up the good work. I like the up and close pics of the Jag IFS, gives me a good view of how it all comes together, looks and fits. Still wanting to convert to IFS on my '56, and tossing around many ideas. When Mechmagcn (road-trip Jeff ) was here i got real got view of his Lincoln subframe looked like on his truck. I really liked it too. TOO MANY CHOICES! Anyhow, your truck is coming along really nice.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Postmaster

yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano78 View Post
Definitely diggin this thread Jeff! Keep up the good work. I like the up and close pics of the Jag IFS, gives me a good view of how it all comes together, looks and fits. Still wanting to convert to IFS on my '56, and tossing around many ideas. When Mechmagcn (road-trip Jeff ) was here i got real got view of his Lincoln subframe looked like on his truck. I really liked it too. TOO MANY CHOICES! Anyhow, your truck is coming along really nice.
I'm parting a 88 lincoln town car, the frt end is your's if you want it. I'm waiting till the end of june to do my swap, so I have Lots of time. I have trucks in BC every week and could get one of my partner carrier's to ship it down to you mega cheap. the car's minty, only 60,000miles. let me know.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Postmaster

Sorry Jeff for a little Hi-Jack
Old 05-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Jack is my brother-in-law no apologies needed!
I really appreciate all the inspiring comments.
I need to get busy and get some work done!
I feel like I am dormant and can't seem to shake it.
Once I get the motor back, I will be feeling better.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Elder User

Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamagrant View Post
I'm parting a 88 lincoln town car, the frt end is your's if you want it. I'm waiting till the end of june to do my swap, so I have Lots of time. I have trucks in BC every week and could get one of my partner carrier's to ship it down to you mega cheap. the car's minty, only 60,000miles. let me know.
Grant- Yeah that's one of the things that attracted me to the swap was the fact that we have those series of cars stacked around here like cord wood. However, I'll keep you in mind if the crushers start gettin scrap-happy before I could fish one out. After lookin at Jeff's truck here, I'm also on a tangent on the Jag IFS too. Decisions, decisions....
Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 AM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
You are doing great Jeff. But I don't need to tell ya that do I. I never had much interest in anything Dark sided. I thought why would anyone ruin one of Henry's best. But Jeff the way ya do it is more like repair out of necessity or something like that. I take parts off every make and model out there to keep my fleet going. Not always planing an upgrade so mush as to just get it back on the road better and stronger than before but mostly cheaper. Labor don't cost nothing but time. And if ya don't have that then don't do this.
So I guess I have always been a little on the dark side also.

Arctic

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Postmaster

This is exactly why I love this truck forum. WE make it what it is. I really enjoy the whole big picture here. Good people, good knowledge, good therapy!
I never knew that could be found through a keyboard.
Well now, I guess I need to get out to the garage soon!
Thank You all.

Dano78: I forgot to mention...I built a model of a '56 F100 when I was in my young teens. I still have that model and my first choice of truck has always been a '53-'56....maybe someday!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Senior User

Doraville is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle View Post
This is exactly why I love this truck forum. WE make it what it is. I really enjoy the whole big picture here. Good people, good knowledge, good therapy!
I couldn't agree more Jeff!

You're doing a great job with your build and a great job of documenting it. My truck already had a GM G Body clip under it when I got it. If it hadn't been for that, I probably would have been installing the JAG IFS. The work that you're doing in documenting it will be a great help to those that follow after you.

-DV
Old 05-06-2012, 01:03 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
You sound like your in the same boat as me (when you do not have all the money you might like , you need all the patience you can muster ) as for the machine shop , I learned a long time ago the best take a little longer and a few more steps to do things right .
Your doing a great job i'm sure Nicolle will be very happy with it when your done .
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Postmaster

It's been a long time since any update here. I have been busy with several items. But I finally and headed into a state of progress I guess. I got some engine work done. I got more to do, but I thought I would post some pics!
Enjoy or puke! LOL
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Postmaster

I am about to buy some new valve covers and I can't decide...
I got my eyes on a couple different styles, but haven't pulled the trigger yet!

The painting is not done, I am thinking the dark gray is the way I am goin, but with all the EFI stuff, it won't be seen real well anyway.
The blue is staying! LOL
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Freshman User

acudanut is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is that rear sump pan going to work with the jag front cross member?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 AM