1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Build Thread: '49 F321

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
Moven Forward

BJ

Old 06-04-2013, 08:11 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, really looking good! Nice work Jeff.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
Moven Forward

BJ
Originally Posted by topmoo
Wow, really looking good! Nice work Jeff.
Yup! Nothing spectacular, but it's progress nonetheless!
I am sitting in a hotel room right now...just rotting away..
Topper I will be using the tranny crossmember, but the cab will have to come off
first. I am probably going to have to wait till winter to get that done.
My working life is going to change at the end of June, beginning of July
60-70 hrs a week and 2 hrs from home. It's either no time or no money...

Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
See, all you needed was a little nudging from the gang at Flatlander Truckfest and a ride in Homemade. I also think you want Nicholle to have a private photo session with you in front of your truck, with the garage door closed.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
It's either no time or no money...
Heck, with me it's either time and no money or no time and still no money.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
See, all you needed was a little nudging from the gang at Flatlander Truckfest and a ride in Homemade. I also think you want Nicholle to have a private photo session with you in front of your truck, with the garage door closed.
What?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bobj, you are still a sick, sick man.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff- if you have the original fan shroud and an electric fan - try putting the electric fan inside the original shroud- mine fit very well - I cut away the excess plastic electric shroud, drilled holes and bolted it to the orig shroud- pulls great air looks OK and saves room in front of motor. I have a singls electric fan not the 2 fan setup and if I remember it came out of a Taurus (the gray hairs keeps pulling the memory cells from my head so that is a guess)

Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by homade
Bobj, you are still a sick, sick man.
Gary, the way Nicholle was pawing Jeff in broad day light in front a group of people in the open on Route 66 I'd had have wonder what she'd do to him in a dimly lit garage with the door closed and some Barry White softly planning in the background with a freshly painted truck sitting in there with them.

I know what my wife would do. She'd tell me it's late, turn off the radio, lock up the garage and we should get to bed-to get some sleep!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Gary, the way Nicholle was pawing Jeff in broad day light in front a group of people in the open on Route 66 I'd had have wonder what she'd do to him in a dimly lit garage with the door closed and some Barry White softly planning in the background with a freshly painted truck sitting in there with them.

I know what my wife would do. She'd tell me it's late, turn off the radio, lock up the garage and we should get to bed-to get some sleep!
Barry White isn't our style. Modern Country music is what plays at our place.
I have heard that a cargo light gives off a romantic glow.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Barry White isn't our style. Modern Country music is what plays at our place.
I have heard that a cargo light gives off a romantic glow.
Man, if someone flipped on some country music, a term loosely used, I'd be heading out the door in a hurry. My kid plays that in my shop when I'm my office, a few times I thought I had to call 911 because I thought he dropped something on his foot and he was hollering in pain. I like the old stuff but the new stuff I call white man's rap. Like rap "music" all you need is one beat and a rhyming dictionary and you have a "song". It doesn't hurt to have a nasal infection either.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Man, if someone flipped on some country music, a term loosely used, I'd be heading out the door in a hurry. My kid plays that in my shop when I'm my office, a few times I thought I had to call 911 because I thought he dropped something on his foot and he was hollering in pain. I like the old stuff but the new stuff I call white man's rap. Like rap "music" all you need is one beat and a rhyming dictionary and you have a "song". It doesn't hurt to have a nasal infection either.
Does it help when I say..I prefer to NOT listen to Reba Macintyre?
Rap music? whats that? Music you listen to when rapping gifts???
What do you listen to? The Eagles? They are classic rock, but sounds slower and mellower than alot of country today.
Just admit it Bob...you really like country music cuz it reminds you of the farm.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
That I can relate to.
Although, I don't even think she would be in the garage to start with. Of course with the state of my truck I don't blame her.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Does it help when I say..I prefer to NOT listen to Reba Macintyre?
Rap music? whats that? Music you listen to when rapping gifts???
What do you listen to? The Eagles? They are classic rock, but sounds slower and mellower than alot of country today.
Just admit it Bob...you really like country music cuz it reminds you of the farm.
I'm part of the right wing conspiracy, I mainly listen to talk radio and if I want my heart to beat faster I listen to NPR as long as I can before I fling something at the radio, it doesn't take long. When I do listen to music I listen to classic rock mainly, very little new music I will listen to. Usually in my shop I have Pandora on the computer. It drives my kid nuts because I have everything programmed, AC/DC, Eagles, Hank Williams SR, MOtown, Pasty Cline, Johnny Cash, Blue Grass, Quiet Riot, Gospel, "Old Timey" music-the kind played during Lincoln time, Bob Seeger, Jim Reeves, Jerry Reed. My family doesn't like my variety.

I once worked with a younger guy who liked to play new rock, the kind that makes me so depressed I want to slit my wrists. I told him I wish someone with talent would write music again and he called me narrow minded because I didn't like his music and hate rap "music". I then asked if he listens to classic country? Blue grass? Gospel? Motown? Instrumental? classic rock? Sinatra? a half dozen other types of music I listen to. He said "No" to each one. I then asked him who was the closed minded one. He didn't have much to say after that.

Originally Posted by Harrier
That I can relate to.
Although, I don't even think she would be in the garage to start with. Of course with the state of my truck I don't blame her.
My wife will ride in my truck, nothing else

Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
I'm part of the right wing conspiracy, I mainly listen to talk radio and if I want my heart to beat faster I listen to NPR as long as I can before I fling something at the radio, it doesn't take long. When I do listen to music I listen to classic rock mainly, very little new music I will listen to. Usually in my shop I have Pandora on the computer. It drives my kid nuts because I have everything programmed, AC/DC, Eagles, Hank Williams SR, MOtown, Pasty Cline, Johnny Cash, Blue Grass, Quiet Riot, Gospel, "Old Timey" music-the kind played during Lincoln time, Bob Seeger, Jim Reeves, Jerry Reed. My family doesn't like my variety.

I once worked with a younger guy who liked to play new rock, the kind that makes me so depressed I want to slit my wrists. I told him I wish someone with talent would write music again and he called me narrow minded because I didn't like his music and hate rap "music". I then asked if he listens to classic country? Blue grass? Gospel? Motown? Instrumental? classic rock? Sinatra? a half dozen other types of music I listen to. He said "No" to each one. I then asked him who was the closed minded one. He didn't have much to say after that.

My wife will ride in my truck, nothing else
Well call yourself what you want, listen to the music you like.
You can still leave an oil stain in my drive!

Quick Reply: Build Thread: '49 F321