Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

March Chat/All Topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
March Chat/All Topic thread

Another month gone...let's see what mother nature has in store for us this month. I'm figuring she's going to wait until after I switch over to my summer fuel additive...then she's going to dump two feet of snow on us up here at work. Looks like I'm finally going back to Carthage after two and a half bids. That'll at least save me an hour drive each way every week. And, there's a good chance I'm going to make it to the GTG in a couple of weeks (going to burn a personal day)....but I'm waiting on the request to come back from the powers that be.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You beat me to it this morning, I logged in at about 9:30 and saw the green blip by your name, your profile said "Creating Thread - Arkansas Chapter"

We almost had 2 March threads, lol

Spring break is that following week, so hopefully all the big wigs aren't taking off and leaving you guys to hold the fort.

I figured as much for the weather too, 60's and 70's for February and about the 2nd week of March we'll probably be back in the 20's.

At least for the moment, the 10day forecasts still have us in the high 60's.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
You beat me to it this morning, I logged in at about 9:30 and saw the green blip by your name, your profile said "Creating Thread - Arkansas Chapter" We almost had 2 March threads, lol
I wouldn't be the first time I've been involved with a double or triple reply in a FTE thread....though I guess the more I think about it...this would be starting a new thread. If it makes you feel any better, the clowns in the MO chapter that usually like to start their monthly threads right at 0001 on the 1st...are still posting in the February thread today.
Spring break is that following week, so hopefully all the big wigs aren't taking off and leaving you guys to hold the fort.
I'm not too worried about management's absence that week...it's how many coworkers maybe gone that weekend that will determine if my request is approved. This new Asst General Manager seems to be a little bit more of a people person that the last sawed off half pint on a power trip jerk we had.

Did I just post that?
I figured as much for the weather too, 60's and 70's for February and about the 2nd week of March we'll probably be back in the 20's.
Three years ago near the end of March, I had just put the Michelins on the Pavement Princess and Tulsa got hammered with a 18" snow storm. The first week of March last year Carthage got slammed with a 21" blizzard. Got my fingers crossed that the white crap is done for the year.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:56 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Snow.... what is that like powdered suger? Winter.... is that a spice?

Old 03-04-2012, 07:37 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Evening gentlemen, moved the trailer to Carthage on my way home Thursday evening (it was wee hours Friday when I dropped it off). You know you drive a 6.0L...rolling the super slab at 70mph dragging the 11k 5th wheel when you look over at the pyrometer and see the needle buried at 1600F. Hmm, either I've got a bad sensor or a fire breathing lizard on the hood.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Snow.... what is that like powdered suger? Winter.... is that a spice?
If you'd like I'm sure I can intince the old witch (aka Mother Nature) to dump the white stuff on you. She & I have a love/hate relationship...so I'm sure it wouldn't take much to set her off on another rampage.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Man is it really March?!? So much to do so little time! I took the F150 to Houston last week on a business trip and I must say it is a comfortable ride. I'm glad I put new tires on it before I left though.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Will P.
Senior User
Here is what I have been up to over the last month or so.

From this:

To this:

Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Will, werent you looking for some extra rims? I found a set or set & half.

Zach, keep that crap up there!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Will P.
Here is what I have been up to over the last month or so.
You have/had two one-tons? I've often thought an old dent would be a neat sleeper for a tweaked PSD to pick on the Dodge & Chuebby boys. Who would suspect a dent would have a 500hp 6.0L lurking on the hood?
Zach, keep that crap up there!!!
You were the one that said last month you wanted a 100 tons of the crap delivered to Spadra so your son could have some to play in. Right Joe?

Anyone need anything from RiffRaff? Getting an order together for one of my projects. I've got the shipping covered by what I'm ordering (dam oil coolers)...so anything else rides with free shipping. I've got a couple of extra HFCM plugs in the order for you Harry.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:29 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Who would suspect a dent would have a 500hp 6.ohno lurking on the hood?
Im still looking for one but right now there is no way I could afford it unless I find the owner to be a brain dead crack head with a flat tire & trade him my '90 F150.

You were the one that said last month you wanted a 100 tons of the crap delivered to Spadra so your son could have some to play in. Right Joe?
Umm yes. That was for my son. You said dump it on me..... that would not be good. Pretty sure my feet would get wet & cold which would just **** me off cause my boot would be soaking wet for a day or two.

In other news, last night or early this morning we lost Scooby (the new rooster). When I went out to feed I didnt find him. Went to my inlaws to get 4 new hens & when I got back he came up looking for feed (which he still had by his house). I then chased his ******* around the yard for 15 minutes to catch him. As I was trying to tie him back to his lead he got away. A couple minutes of chasing again he ran into his dog house. Pulled him out & super tied the lead this time.

Is it bad that Im thinking about just getting a small chain for the chicken? Anyway we are up to 10 chickens. I got rid of the dog so my wife & son have a dog to care for. Then the 3 fish she feeds once a month or so. I would feed them if I had a couple channel cats in there but havent found anywhere to get some young ones.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Will, weren't you looking for some extra rims? I found a set or set & half.
Ya if they are the correct rim. I need the lug centric rims that have the bevels around the lug holes not the flat face.

Originally Posted by zhilton
You have/had two one-tons? I've often thought an old dent would be a neat sleeper for a tweaked PSD to pick on the Dodge & Chuebby boys. Who would suspect a dent would have a 500hp 6.0L lurking on the hood?
Well actually 3. I have a 75 F350 and I have 2 bumps that are 1 ton. They are both '72s. The maroon truck runs and I work it occasionally. The truck above I bought for parts. I'd love to put a diesel engine in my truck! There are a lot of people that put cummins 4BTs in their old trucks.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Ya if they are the correct rim. I need the lug centric rims that have the bevels around the lug holes not the flat face.
Without looking at the one outside 4 flats, 4 bevels per side.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Without looking at the one outside 4 flats, 4 bevels per side.
Do they have the split rings at the bead area of the wheel? If ya get a chance snap a photo of them for me.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:15 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Split rings.... not the one I have here at the house. He might have a couple. In fact I will almost swear he has 1. Around 6 or so in the shop/barn & there are 4 more mounted on a dana 70 thats still hooked to the back of the frame & flat bed.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I then chased his ******* around the yard for 15 minutes to catch him. As I was trying to tie him back to his lead he got away. A couple minutes of chasing again he ran into his dog house. Pulled him out & super tied the lead this time.
LOL, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this

Quick Reply: March Chat/All Topic thread