Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
HVAC stuck on demist

On the w/e I had the problem that the demister was stuck on no matter where I positioned the selector switch.

I popped the bonnet and pulled the airline off the top of the airpump. The pump detected the pressure drop and started pumping. I stuck my finger over the air hole and the pump built up the air pressure then stopped.

I then reattached the airline and checked the HVAC. All the setting seemed to be working. It was like I somehow unjammed the demister setting by removing the airline.

One for the memory bank for next time it happens. Anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how was it fixed?
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Most any vacuum leak will default the HVAC to defrost. It's a safety thing. If you have Electronic select 4 wheel drive you may have a leak in the lines going to the wheels. This is usually the case with this complaint. Can you go into 4 wheel drive?

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 03-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
I used 4WD high and low a couple of months ago. I'll check again next time I get the truck out. Does the pump time-out if it runs too long?
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Freshman User

Jterr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
On the w/e I had the problem that the demister was stuck on no matter where I positioned the selector switch.

I popped the bonnet and pulled the airline off the top of the airpump. The pump detected the pressure drop and started pumping. I stuck my finger over the air hole and the pump built up the air pressure then stopped.

I then reattached the airline and checked the HVAC. All the setting seemed to be working. It was like I somehow unjammed the demister setting by removing the airline.

One for the memory bank for next time it happens. Anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how was it fixed?
Where is the airpump in a 2002 F-150?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Posting Guru

No idea on the F150. You should be able to locate it by the buzzing sound it makes when you turn the ignition on. It buzzes while it builds up pressure, then switches of. Open the bonnet then turn the key on and find the noise!

I re-greased the front hubs with tons of help from Chunder at the F250 GTG the other w/e.

We had the front wheels jacked up and checked the engagement of 4WD once the hubs were done. All worked well.
I was surprised that even with the front wheels in the air, to get the hubs to disengage the wheels had to be turned backward.

Note to self: When coming out of 4WD stop and back up for about 5m to let the hubs disengage.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter