Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to March Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks Kool,
There are days I feel like I am 100 yrs old. This is an awesome job, other than being away from home. But it looks like deployments are slowly coming to an end.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
it looks like deployments are slowly coming to an end.
Yay! Good for you and all our guys who serve.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chief, you are right you do have the best job known to Man. I have a very close friend of mine that just retired last year (full Bird), and he misses it so bad. He ran SEEDS at Tyndal & Eglin for years. Trying to keep up with the Younguns wore him out.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:33 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hope eveyone had a great weekend !!!! I worked half a day on Saturday, The Kosovo cooks went on strike friday night over lower pay. So the chow hall was closed but were handing out MRE's. Good thing we have a Burger King and Pizza place.

They all came back to work today, I guees they liked lower pay better than unemployment. Yesterday I ran the St Pattys day 5K and I still have no idea why. I am sore as all get out today. It is just a small reminder that I am not a spring chicken anymore. I wasn't first to cross the finish line BUT I wasn't the last either. I am not trying to keep up with the young guns anymore. I just want to live long enough to collect back some the retirement pay I have been putting in all these years !!!!

We hit the upper 60's / low 70's the last 2 days and it finally looks like the mild weather will stay for a while.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Awesome Chief. Glad to hear the Cooks came to their senses. I have some of the MRE's in case of Disaster, and with the exception of the roast beef and "fruit desert", I think we will have Squirrel on a stick. Plus I keep my Black Lab way over fed just in case. Just kidding PETA.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
They are testing some "NEW" MRE's, They are OK but I try to avoid them as much as possible because they are loaded with calories. Nothing new really going on here, Nice weather finally. Counting the days till I can come home

Old 03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Good for nice weather. We have a pollen blizzard going on with back to back record days Monday & Tuesday. You must be short counting the days. Good for you.

KC

Old 03-21-2012, 01:50 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I won't get home till October. It was a very cold and snowy winter here, If I got back to Georgia now I think I would have heat stroke. My wife told me the pollen was really bad this year and the cars were yellow. Can't say I miss that.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ChiefM
My wife told me the pollen was really bad this year and the cars were yellow. Can't say I miss that.
They say it's the worst it's ever been here. Yesterday the pollen count was in the 9300's. It's also been eight consecutive days in the 80's, which is a record for March.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Yep the past 2 days I had lunch in the back of the pick up at the Lake. Yesterday it looked like Yellow Fog across the Lake, today not as bad.

Chief: I identify with your situation on the Cold Environment to Hot. I travel to Minnesota & Michigan to visit the staff and this time of year is typically the worst. Cold up there Hot down here. This year not so bad. I am really digging this "Global Warming" thing. It has many upsides!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:38 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Was overcast and cooler here yesterday. I am going out and about today since I am trying to get an ambulance running for one of the local city's. It is an old CUTV ambulance that was donated a long time ago. I guess I will work on someone else's truck since I can't work on mine.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Mr. Congeniality

So I throw my gas cans in the back of Blue (74 Dentside) for a day of yard work on Saturday. Blue was looking pretty good I am getting some devious stares, and some comments "nice truck", while I was fueling . All of the sudden I hear the deep rumble of some serious American Horsepower, and look up to see a 69 Z28 cowl induction & a 30 Ford Coupe pull in. Then I hear the deafening, but distinctive sound of Ford Cobra 428 pull on the other side of me. It was a 1956 Ford Cherry Red and it was Badder than the other 2 put together. All interest left my truck and went immediately to the Other Guys. I now know how the ugly Chick Feels in the Beauty Contest, but she ends up getting the Ugly but nice person award.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by koolchange
So I throw my gas cans in the back of Blue (74 Dentside) for a day of yard work on Saturday. Blue was looking pretty good I am getting some devious stares, and some comments "nice truck", while I was fueling . All of the sudden I hear the deep rumble of some serious American Horsepower, and look up to see a 69 Z28 cowl induction & a 30 Ford Coupe pull in. Then I hear the deafening, but distinctive sound of Ford Cobra 428 pull on the other side of me. It was a 1956 Ford Cherry Red and it was Badder than the other 2 put together. All interest left my truck and went immediately to the Other Guys. I now know how the ugly Chick Feels in the Beauty Contest, but she ends up getting the Ugly but nice person award.
Yeah, I know how you feel. But, there is a difference between one for show and one that is a daily driver or actually for doing some work in and still looks good, just not show quality. Personally, I like the working versions over the trailer queens.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Yep I am not much for the Trailer Queens. The best thing about it was he turned me onto an old time Ford Mechanic that lives 2 blocks from the house. He has been building Ford Motors for Enthusiasts and People who need performance and heavier suspension since the late Fifties.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I like the daily drivers myself.
Kool sounds like you got a good hook up on that deal.

I now know how the ugly Chick Feels in the Beauty Contest- "Too funny"

Quick Reply: Welcome to March Chat Thread