Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 PM
New User

FORD_F-350. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need advise on egr delete kit for 6.0 L

I've got a Ford 6.0 I need some advise, people say to put in a egr delete kit in a 6.0. How does that benefit the truck and how is that useful?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
There are lots of pros and cons to this subject. One thing to take in to account is if you have emissions testing in your area. If so then you do NOT want to delete your EGR cooler. You shouldn't delete the valve anyway, just for operating reasons.

Rest in peace Mojo. My friend and faithful companion you shall ever be.

Tim
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Senior User

eagleinms is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ed Haas
Quote:
Originally Posted by npccpartsman View Post
There are lots of pros and cons to this subject. One thing to take in to account is if you have emissions testing in your area. If so then you do NOT want to delete your EGR cooler. You shouldn't delete the valve anyway, just for operating reasons.
npccpartsman,
I am curious about the last sentence. I did a delete and took out the valve, could not see why to leave it. Should I stick it back a plug it up? Think I tossed it, should I get another, is it that important? What issues would/could it cause? The more I read the more I learn.
Thanks & God bless
Eagleinms
Old 02-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Senior User

AJB201 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My truck was having EGR valve issues so I put a sinister EGR delete kit in it and it has been running great since. Looked back through the warranty issues to and they had replaced my valve 3 times and cooler 2 times so I figured just delete it and forget it. No problems since.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Elder User

w_huisman has a good reputation on FTE.w_huisman has a good reputation on FTE.
Removing/unplugging the valve has proven to negatively effect radiator fan operation.
Edge Insight w/ EGT, AutoEnginuity, VXCF9H7 strategy
Old 02-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleinms View Post
npccpartsman,
I am curious about the last sentence. I did a delete and took out the valve, could not see why to leave it. Should I stick it back a plug it up? Think I tossed it, should I get another, is it that important? What issues would/could it cause? The more I read the more I learn.
Thanks & God bless
Eagleinms
That's really more for the 05 and up guys. The 03/04 model trucks don't have fan issues from the EGR valve that the tuning guys have been able to find. I just recommend not getting rid of it if it's still there, even with an EGR cooler delete. If yours is gone and you're not having fan issues then don't study it.

Tim
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Senior User

Ed Haas
Quote:
That's really more for the 05 and up guys. The 03/04 model trucks don't have fan issues from the EGR valve that the tuning guys have been able to find. I just recommend not getting rid of it if it's still there, even with an EGR cooler delete. If yours is gone and you're not having fan issues then don't study it.
CODE P0528=fan speed sensor circuit malfunction, does not seem to effect ECT though
Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleinms View Post
CODE P0528=fan speed sensor circuit malfunction, does not seem to effect ECT though
Didn't you also have P0403 & 5 EGR codes which are on the same part of the harness as the fan???

Tim
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Senior User

Ed Haas
Quote:
Didn't you also have P0403 & 5 EGR codes which are on the same part of the harness as the fan???
Sorry about the delay in answer, work,work,work. Yes, have the 403&5 codes with the fan 528. Put new t-stat in 2-27, old 1 fell apart in my hand after removal. Not been able to drive yet. Hope this helps the EOT=ECT spread.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
04, 2004, 60, 60l, adds, benefits, biodiesel, delete, egr, f250, ford, kit, programmer, put, putting, reviews