Modular V10 (6.8l)  

5 star

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
glfr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 star

Hey guys kinda new here but i have read all the great feedback about 5 star and Mike, I was hoping for a new group buy sometime soon?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:48 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Not sure if Mike does group buys----he's so much of a presence here already AND offers such crazy great service already it simply doesn't get much better from anyone----not that I've seen anyway.

For what 5 Star offers including its level of customization for each individual getting a better price seems a bit impossible. Its a good thought but with what you get for any money spent with Mike is more than fair, IMHO anyway!

Have to add I do NOT own a V-10 or use 5 Star at this point----just having read so much of what he does and the near unanimous endorsements its hard not thinking he's the cat's PJ's !!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by JWA
Not sure if Mike does group buys----he's so much of a presence here already AND offers such crazy great service already it simply doesn't get much better from anyone----not that I've seen anyway.

For what 5 Star offers including its level of customization for each individual getting a better price seems a bit impossible. Its a good thought but with what you get for any money spent with Mike is more than fair, IMHO anyway!

Have to add I do NOT own a V-10 or use 5 Star at this point----just having read so much of what he does and the near unanimous endorsements its hard not thinking he's the cat's PJ's !!
Yup! Completely agree.

If it is the tuner that you are trying to save money on then you can find those used on CL or sometimes even on FTE, but on Mike's tunes you just have to pay the man what he is worth. His tunes and service are that good.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 AM
509bercler
New User
Could not agree more. Got mine this weekend and worth every penny. Woke up my V10 and made it drivable instead of ******* around town. Ordered Wed or Thurs and received it Saturday morning.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Atl Fahrer
Freshman User
Not sure what you guys are saying here. I'm a business owner as well with a good product. I am ALWAYS willing to provide volume discounts if the volume justifies the business. IF the numbers work out for Mike, he should do it, if not, that's ok too.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Atl Fahrer
Not sure what you guys are saying here. I'm a business owner as well with a good product. I am ALWAYS willing to provide volume discounts if the volume justifies the business. IF the numbers work out for Mike, he should do it, if not, that's ok too.
With absolutely no offense Alt if your business isn't providing essentially one-off custom products such as 5 Star provides its not really comparable at all. As a new user once you've been here a while and see the almost constant positive string of unsolicited comments left by satisfied customers this will make more sense.

I'll add there are very very few true performance modifications that work as well as Mike's offerings which to me completely justifies his prices---which aren't that bad even at full cost IMHO. The fact Mike is willing to tweak any tune he sells free of charge even after the sale is just one more amazing aspect of 5 Star Tuning's business----their customer service just can NOT be matched!

There's a difference between "cost" and "value" and for my money Mike is tops in "value" aka "biggest bang for the buck"! He's in somewhat of a niche market and considering the cheaper almost mass produced tuning programs aren't as universally accepted and recommended by their users the value continues to escalate.

Good gosh sounds like I'm a paid endorser here huh? I'm not but I am more than willing to express my ideas based on nothing more than what I've read here by the real-world hands-on users of Mike's incredible products and services!

FWIW here's some interesting reading: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...at-5-star.html

Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Just to add a little more. Group buys are a fantastic thing for both forum members and retailers without a doubt. I have taken advantage of many on various forums. Your suggestion is not completely out of the question and it would be great if Mike would do it.
With Mikes tunes your are not paying for the product, you are paying for the service. The tuner is free. LOL

Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Atl Fahrer
Freshman User
Originally Posted by JWA
With absolutely no offense Alt if your business isn't providing essentially one-off custom products such as 5 Star provides its not really comparable at all. As a new user once you've been here a while and see the almost constant positive string of unsolicited comments left by satisfied customers this will make more sense.

I'll add there are very very few true performance modifications that work as well as Mike's offerings which to me completely justifies his prices---which aren't that bad even at full cost IMHO. The fact Mike is willing to tweak any tune he sells free of charge even after the sale is just one more amazing aspect of 5 Star Tuning's business----their customer service just can NOT be matched!

There's a difference between "cost" and "value" and for my money Mike is tops in "value" aka "biggest bang for the buck"! He's in somewhat of a niche market and considering the cheaper almost mass produced tuning programs aren't as universally accepted and recommended by their users the value continues to escalate.

Good gosh sounds like I'm a paid endorser here huh? I'm not but I am more than willing to express my ideas based on nothing more than what I've read here by the real-world hands-on users of Mike's incredible products and services!

FWIW here's some interesting reading: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...at-5-star.html
Absolutely no offense taken. I'm new here and not trying to stir the pot. I am, however, a pretty active member on some premium auto sites that offer VERY select products to a niche audience. On those sites, many providers provide select offerings at group buy prices for a multitude of reasons, i.e. not everyone that owns a truck visits FTE and word of mouth is valuable to some providers.

Also, please read my post. IF Mike sees no value in providing a group buy, he, by no means, has to do it. My experience is that group buys create a very loyal customer base that extends beyond any forum. I won't comment on this any further as it has obviously ruffled a few feathers and that was never my intent. Just wanted to get the best price for the best product...

Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Bbasso
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A group buy for something that does not cost very much (sub $500) is not worth the hassle in my book.
It's a proven item backed by Mike and his awesome tunes/ service.
Pony up the money, it's worth every penny and much more.

(I hate how this world has become so dammmmm cheap)

Old 02-28-2012, 09:04 PM
glfr
New User
Wow. I didnt mean to upset anyone, i just missed the christmas sale and was wondering if another sale or group buy was in the works. I am definetly going to purchase as soon as budget allows, not trying to be cheap.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:34 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Atl Fahrer
Absolutely no offense taken. I'm new here and not trying to stir the pot............I won't comment on this any further as it has obviously ruffled a few feathers and that was never my intent. Just wanted to get the best price for the best product...
Originally Posted by glfr
Wow. I didnt mean to upset anyone, i just missed the christmas sale and was wondering if another sale or group buy was in the works. I am definetly going to purchase as soon as budget allows, not trying to be cheap.

Guys first of all welcome to the forums---FTE is a great site for our interest in all things Ford trucks----if nothing else some of us are passionate about some things. There are no bad questions and your interest in Mike's products is great because by reputation alone he's one of the absolute best vendors I've ever encountered.

Certainly if we can get the exact same thing for less its a nice thing----heck I look for the best price in everything I'm about to purchase. With me looking more towards the bigger picture or service after the sale final price becomes a distant secondary concern for me----and maybe just me alone----I'm only stating my own opinion about all of this.

Please don't let my comments affect your participation here, even in this tread----discussing something tends to result in better understanding for all who look in or participate. You've both raised good questions and it never hurts to ask---apologies from me if I seem ruffled or riled!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 AM
mudfuel06
Elder User
Originally Posted by JWA
Guys first of all welcome to the forums---FTE is a great site for our interest in all things Ford trucks----if nothing else some of us are passionate about some things. There are no bad questions and your interest in Mike's products is great because by reputation alone he's one of the absolute best vendors I've ever encountered.

Certainly if we can get the exact same thing for less its a nice thing----heck I look for the best price in everything I'm about to purchase. With me looking more towards the bigger picture or service after the sale final price becomes a distant secondary concern for me----and maybe just me alone----I'm only stating my own opinion about all of this.

Please don't let my comments affect your participation here, even in this tread----discussing something tends to result in better understanding for all who look in or participate. You've both raised good questions and it never hurts to ask---apologies from me if I seem ruffled or riled!
I agree, the customer service is worth paying that extra $20 or $30 bucks when there isn't a sale going on. Mike's tunes are well worth the money, even if they can get you introuble sometimes with the local LEO's!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM
doofuss
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bbasso
A group buy for something that does not cost very much (sub $500) is not worth the hassle in my book.
It's a proven item backed by Mike and his awesome tunes/ service.
Pony up the money, it's worth every penny and much more.

(I hate how this world has become so dammmmm cheap)
Yup. Agree totaly. Be happy to compensate people who do a great job!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Bbasso
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't intend to come across so rude, just wanted to state how I felt...

Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
I picked up a used 5 star tuner from a FTE member. I am not cheap but whats wrong with making the best deal you can to get what you want? I still plan on buying new email tunes from Mike. I dont think its wrong to be as frugal as possible and I am also a business owner as well. I save my customers money when I can because it is the right thing to do. It's been 10 years and stronger than ever before.

Enough on the rant, I cant wait to get this tuner and see what all the hype is about. I'd be willing to bet if I like the tuner, I can convince a few of my buddies to buy one from Mike at full price haha.