Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Senior User

Rockaholic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just did trade/cash for a lightning... :)

As stated in title i just bought my first lightning and i am very pleased with it. It is a 1995 Lightning (Red). Has an intake mod, MSD Ignition, 2" lowering shackles in rear and lowering springs in front. Has racing seats(not sure of brand) and a racing steering wheel. Upgraded stereo. Has 2nd gen rims. New carpet(or it is just really!! clean!!!) Has hedman headers long tube from what i can see. Not sure if internals have been touched. Has 156k on speedo. Tranny fresh rebuild with insane shift kit! Sputters tires through all gears besides of course down shifting. Plan on doing motor rebuild and minor P/P to heads, mild Cam, flat pistons, and what ever else i feel necessary. I was planning at some point to turbo this truck but not sure yet.

I'll post some pics when i go pick it up, waiting on money to go through wire transfer with banks and lawyers and what not so i dont get screwed.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Senior User

slammedi'am is starting off with a positive reputation.
Congrats...Id like to have me Gen 1 soon...

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 02-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Senior User

Thx, it is pretty sweet, only thing that bothers me is when the guy who had it before him put a different hood on and when he put original back on he took off front bezels and i noticed it is not square in the front. It wasnt wrecked, guy just doesnt know what he is doing so now i gotta try to fix it!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Senior User

Post some pics of it when ya get a chance

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Senior User

I will, I have it at my buddies performance shop having them replace my main seal as a favor and looking over it and fine tuning things for me. He owes me some favors so i said do this and my motor rebuild when im ready and call it even. Provided i have parts
Old 02-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Senior User

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 PM

Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Very nice ride!

If your tire spuddering is actually wheel hop, then I would recommend you installing a set of traction bars to prevent to help prevent you from snapping an axle.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Senior User

Workin on removing a leaf and slapper and installing a set of long bars now. Set is on the way and once i get them here i will do spring mod. supposed to make a little more squishy and will drop the rear a bit more on launch and keep more weight and force the tires to grip better and prevent the hop i do not want. We will see... Here is a video, does not do the sound justice, VERY THROATY!!!! But camera can only pick up a certain frequency low and high. Hope you enjoy.

1995 Ford Lightning Gen 1
Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Senior User

Very nice Truck!

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Senior User

Thank you, guy who owned it before me did a lot of work. Still trying to figure out everything he did. It is very involved. Seems like he did everything besides INSIDE in the motor.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockaholic View Post
Workin on removing a leaf and slapper and installing a set of long bars now. Set is on the way and once i get them here i will do spring mod. supposed to make a little more squishy and will drop the rear a bit more on launch and keep more weight and force the tires to grip better and prevent the hop i do not want. We will see...
I've been running long bars on mine for years and it's been one of the best suspension investments I've made. Removing a leaf and slapper bar will definately help too, however, it'll be a little soft if you do any towing or hauling.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry94 View Post
I've been running long bars on mine for years and it's been one of the best suspension investments I've made. Removing a leaf and slapper bar will definately help too, however, it'll be a little soft if you do any towing or hauling.
Ehh, towing isnt a big issue. I might have 3 or 4 people in the bed but thats about it. No more than 1k pounds in total and they are forced to sit up by the cab as is.

But if i do the springs tomorrow, you think i will need those long bars to prevent hopping or should it help from the start?

Kinda confusing but can i do one without the other in otherwords?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 PM

It'll probably be worse without traction bars; it'll have a tendency to bind more which can cause you to snap an axle.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 PM