Computer Chips & Tuners  

remove chip, dealer recalibrate, retrain ECU...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 09:52 AM
tankhead
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't seem to want to stay off. After my last post it stayed off for two days. But it was all in-town driving. So i hit the highway. Once I hit 50 mph came on again. Went right home and reset it. Hit the highway again. Hit the speed limiter, no light at all. Only to come on the next day. Motor sounds fine. I reset it yesterday. I have to go out of town in a few hours til Wednesday. Will get w/ somebody when I get back Thursday. Sorry about all this!

Old 07-12-2003, 08:03 PM
tankhead
Elder User

Well, it lasted three days this time. Got a Wednesday morning appt. at AutoZone to read the codes.

Old 07-14-2003, 01:10 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay... let me know the results. Your best bet is to handle support issues directly with me via email at service @ motorhaven.com. I'm so busy right now that I can't check in here as often.

Old 07-26-2003, 02:54 PM
tankhead
Elder User

I need to give an update since the throwing of the codes was not related at all w/ the Diablo chip. I had to get some warranty work done on my emergency brake cable Tuesday. I knew this involved removing the ECU to get at the cable. I wasn't about to let the dealer touch the ECU til the chip is permamently installed.

Well when I removed the chip Tuesday morning I noticed a connector pin on the ECU bent and pushed halfway in. I straightened it and pulled it out a little bit more. Got the warranty work done. And put the chip back in that nite.

Been 4 days and almost hit the speed limiter a couple times. Feels stronger too. I know it wasn't like that when we soldered the jumper. The only time I can figure this happened is when i removed the chip for the reflash. Because soon after that is when it started throwing codes. That should have been the clue. It was throwing codes w/ the chip out and when I put it back in.

I already made my apologies to Ken by e-mail for taking up his time on something that took longer than needed. I'm just glad the problem was diagnosed before wasting more of his time. Like I've seen and said in other posts, u wanna play, u gotta pay! Lucked out this time though. THANK YOU KEN and JOLENE! I'M OUTA HERE!

Old 07-29-2003, 12:15 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No apologies were needed. "Stuff" happens!