Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 PM
New User

96max2fast is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mel View Post
If the GEM got wet after it was dry and the windshield was resealed the reseal was not done properly. I think the only other possibility would be a sun roof drain leaking inside.
the windshield was removed, the old gunk was scraped off and and it was resealed and the moldings were all sealed... i dont have a sunroof...

any other suggestions? how about those duct vents by the wipers? any way water can get into one of those places?
Old 02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
New User

gmm321 is starting off with a positive reputation.
gary maneval
GEM/FUSE BLOCK PROBLEMS

Hi BLOW, am new here, but recently went on trip to Oregon from Washington in a torrential downpour. Got to Salem, OR and everything went nuts, dash lights, warning icons, wipers, blower, etc. When I turned the key off, everything was still "hot". Fiddled with the key a few times and the stuff quit doing it, but could still hear relay chattering under dash. Took to Ford. Yep, LEAKING WINDSHIELD, right down the A post and right into the fuse block/gem. This is a 98 Expy. Ford says "yep, a well known problem with the 97 - 02 Ford Expy's and F-150 but they wont do anything about it". I got the thing home, put a hair dryer to the fuse block/gem module and as things dried out everything started working again. You CAN NOT reseal a windshield unless you want to just make a ugly looking one. I am having my windshield replaced by Safelite tomorrow, then I will tackle the fuse block/gem problems. Can't really work on them till it warms up here, we are in middle of winter and I don't have a garage.!!
Old 03-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Elder User

Icefan71 has a good reputation on FTE.Icefan71 has a good reputation on FTE.
I just had my windshield replace by Safelite at their shop. I asked the installer if there were any signs of water leaks. He said the problem wasn't the windshield in these trucks. Its the seam sealer running along the sides of the roof. He said they dry up and crack, allowing water to get behind the windshield and down the A pillar.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:26 PM