Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2012, 06:14 PM
New User

Natural Gas is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interior lights won't shut off

I have a 2001 F350 Lariat V10. When I get in and close the door the door ajar light on dash is on and interio lights stay on till I drive a bit then I'll hear a click in dash lights go off but the door ajar light stays on. When I park shut off truck and open door interior lights come on as they should, but when I close and lock doors the lights stay on and will drain by battery. Right now if I have to use my truck I disconnect negative terminal on battery. Before I go to Stealership anyone know what this would be? Relay maybe I'm hoping? Thanks in advance for any replys. Jim
Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Rather Be Floatin

RedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to behold
Costa Kaldanis
Natural, get a can of wd-40 and spray the latch (where the latch hits the post inside the door)shut the door repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, you get the idea. The switch on the strike mechanism in the door is sticking, usually several baths in wd-40 and opening and slamming the door will break the switch loose and you will be good to go. While you have the wd out you might go ahead and do the other doors too!!
2" Leveling Kit, Hutch/Harpoon, Foil Delete Mod, Upgraded boots, Undone CCV Mod, A/C Improvement Mod, GPR LED, Michelin LT285/75R/16 LTX AT2's, TRU-COOL cooler, Train Horns
Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Elder User

Rongold is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sticking Switch

The switch is located at the top of the latch, so spray into the latch facing upward.

RON
Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 AM
New User

Thank you Guys. I'll Do that. I don't drive the truck that often. 2001 with 40k miles. That's got to be it. Nat
Old 02-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Postmaster

Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think the lights and door warning have separate switches. My light quit working and not liking them to stay on during day time, I replaced faulty relay with wires and switch on the dashboard. The door ajar warning still works.
I tried WD40 trick before and it worked for few months before it start having problems again.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM
New User

I sprayed and worked the latches for awhile. Didn't help. Is there a relay that could be bad? If so location? I really don't want to go to dealer for this.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Postmaster

Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Per my recollection the light relay is in upper left corner on the relay panel under the dash. It is easy to spot as this is relay with 3 connectors only. I put spades in the holes that connect the power to the light and run wires to the dash switch.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 AM
New User

Thanks, I pull that and go from there. Nat
Old 11-06-2012, 04:30 PM
New User

mshaneh is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the post regarding the latches. I was having the same issue with my interior lights coming on and off; especially when driving. Shooting wd-40 up inside using the "straw" solved the problem for me.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Posting Guru

madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Gas View Post
I sprayed and worked the latches for awhile. Didn't help. Is there a relay that could be bad? If so location? I really don't want to go to dealer for this.
Some times you have to spray them pretty good before they'll work.
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)

Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 PM
New User

RuthieB75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
interior lights

That worked great and right away thanks guys. I love it when its a quick, easy... cheep fix like that! lol
Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
01, 2004, cut, dome, duty, escape, excursion, expedition, flex, ford, interior, lights, super, turn, wont